PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the best bin for S10? Why?

diode
10-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi all you openbox finatics! I have been testing different bins on a used openbox. Do you think the older bins work better for mgcamd and cccamd? They are not as pretty and the box remains on after the power button on the remote shuts down the front LED but freezing is minimal. The newer bins have a better DVR function and layout but don't seem to work as well on the IKS side as freezing becomes a problem. Different networks and various providers yielded the same results. Old bins no freeze new bins burr. What do you all like? Thanks in advance!

amorombre
11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
well i guess you havent tried this bin as yet.. it works great..
HDS2_Openbox_by_anonymouSX_V2_New_Red_GUI

TurboPirate
11-15-2012, 11:29 PM
This is the one I am using, freeze free, also it stops the time bomb in the clone receivers.

diode
11-17-2012, 03:19 PM
This is the one I am using, freeze free, also it stops the time bomb in the clone receivers.

Thanks to both turbopirate and amorombre. I have tested this firmware and my s10 freezes about every fifteen minute or so. It seems that when there is a micro freeze, it does not recover like the old firmware does. Does anyone know if the newer firmware causes an overheating issue? Maybe the newer firmware pushes the processor to the limit and a cooling fan could fix the issue? The red firmware looks great but for me, is unusable at this point.

TurboPirate
11-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Thanks to both turbopirate and amorombre. I have tested this firmware and my s10 freezes about every fifteen minute or so. It seems that when there is a micro freeze, it does not recover like the old firmware does. Does anyone know if the newer firmware causes an overheating issue? Maybe the newer firmware pushes the processor to the limit and a cooling fan could fix the issue? The red firmware looks great but for me, is unusable at this point.

To be honest you need to search some more info, I am sure you'll find the right firmware

TurboPirate
12-08-2012, 01:49 PM
There is one detail I forgot to mention, my receiver freezes when it starts to get cloudy, almost all receivers starts pixeling, mine pixles for a few seconds than it freezes, it doesn't responds to remote control, simply freezes, with this file it doesn't, pixels a little and shifts right away to NO SIGNAL, that is why I use this file

Peachseed
12-12-2012, 04:09 AM
Found a file on a true FTA site, where these sat guys hang out at, that is the best so far. No freezing so far, except when the wind blows my 10' dish off the sat. Need a better actuator (rebuilding a old one) and the c/ku lnb 22khz switch works better also (on the Ku sats). I guess newcamd can be added as a misc file. I also like the Channel Edit because you can delete all the channels on a sat at one time. The file is a European that has been converted to American, sats and 1080i 60Htz when it starts. I use my own sat file. Blind scan works better also. The name is S9,S10,S11,S12_06182012 dot abs. I will post if I can...Oops the CLONE BOMB has not been fixed in this file....

Back to the 02/15/2012 file at the same location. Basically the same if you use the 06/18/2012 sat file..I like the blue background...

TurboPirate
12-13-2012, 03:46 PM
The other receiver I have I tested a different firmware, called Crispier look, so far working great on true fta, PVR function works great.