PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is module for?

jazmine
10-07-2012, 03:22 PM
If I buy a jynx without a module will I still get hd programming on satellites that have HD broadcasting on them? The way I understand it is the module is only needed for over the air local tv. Is that true? Thank you

dishuser
10-07-2012, 03:24 PM
If I buy a jynx without a module will I still get hd programming on satellites that have HD broadcasting on them? The way I understand it is the module is only needed for over the air local tv. Is that true? Thank you

you will not get hd

Lowteck
10-07-2012, 04:12 PM
To my understanding there is only 1 module available, the HD module. Without having a module of some type you will not get any over the air reception. It will only be good for viewing media through the USB or Micro ports.

iq180
10-08-2012, 02:53 PM
no you will not get any sats, the jynx box is not a sat reciver when you buy it, you must buy a module/ sat tunner / and add a
3rd party software, it is a build your own kit.

bulldog64
10-08-2012, 10:57 PM
no you will not get any sats, the jynx box is not a sat reciver when you buy it, you must buy a module/ sat tunner / and add a
3rd party software, it is a build your own kit.

Man where are you getting your info??? It is a sat receiver and if you want HD then you need the HD module. It's that simple!!! To my knowledge they don't sell any "Build You Ownr Satellite Receiver Kits"!!!LOL:tehe:

Lowteck
10-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Hay bulldog64 tell me how to get satellite on the Jynxbox without having the HD module, I would like to know, I could save about $40.

hondoharry
10-09-2012, 08:53 AM
You must have some kind of tuner to scan any channels on a sat receiver. Not sure about the Jynxbox but most receivers come from the mfr. with a standard tuner that won't work for DN HD. That tuner can either be replaced with one that will or an add on tuner that supersedes the built in one.

iq180
10-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Man where are you getting your info??? It is a sat receiver and if you want HD then you need the HD module. It's that simple!!! To my knowledge they don't sell any "Build You Ownr Satellite Receiver Kits"!!!LOL:tehe:
the jynx box is a pvr when you buy, the module is the sat tunner, when you buy the jynx box it has no tunner at all.
and after you add the tunner and turn on the jynx box there is no sat list, no newcamd option, no lnb settings, just to name a few
and you want get these options without a 3rd party software, so that is why i call it a build your on kit, anybody got a better name
for it, or we could just call it a jynx kit,lol.

jazmine
10-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Reason I ask is because there is a vendor on ibay sell them for 179.00 with free shipping but NO Module included. Now I know why so cheap

iq180
10-10-2012, 01:26 PM
to all that dont think the jynx box is a build your own kit just look on the box it came in and find the word satellite,
i rest my case.lol:whip:

Limon
10-10-2012, 05:43 PM
iq180 is correct.

If you look at the foto, on the right you can see one tuner inserted. It has the space for a 2nd tuner as the holes are already punched in the metal back plate. The ONLY antenna connectors are on the tuners, so if you run it without a tuner you have no place to connect the antenna cable. I understand an OTA tuner is being developed so one day you will be able to have a satellite tuner and an OTA tuner at the same time.

dar
10-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Theoretically, if the firmware allows, you can add another JB100 to have a two satellite tuner setup, allowing for recording on one, while viewing the other. At that point, you might as well get a modified VIP box.

Benney
10-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Theoretically, if the firmware allows, you can add another JB100 to have a two satellite tuner setup, allowing for recording on one, while viewing the other. At that point, you might as well get a modified VIP box.

As it stands right now it will not run two JB100s.