PDA

View Full Version : Is the Jynxbox Ultra HD the receiver to get?

John-Drake
10-09-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm shopping for a new receiver and I've narrowed it down to the Jynxbox and the Dreamlink HD. The only thing that concerns me about the Jynxbox is that it's new and relatively unproven.

Can any Jynxbox owners share their experience--good or bad--with the Jynxbox Ultra HD receiver?

phat
10-09-2012, 05:15 AM
I did. And I love it.

Dual tuner, 1080p, ATSC support.... If you're in the market for a new receiver I would recommend this one highly.

Some small glitches in the software cause it's still new... but support has been good with a lot of updates and bug fixes. Nothing that will stop you from watching TV either... so like I said great unit, great price.

John-Drake
10-11-2012, 05:11 AM
I did. And I love it. Dual tuner, 1080p, ATSC support.... If you're in the market for a new receiver I would recommend this one highly..

Thanks for the feedback Phat, I'm just about sold. :)

I've read that a lot of HD receivers run hot and need extra cooling. Can anyone report if the Jynxbox Ultra runs hot or cool with the HD module installed?

Anubis
10-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Unit runs warm but not hot and extra cooling is not needed.

daryld
10-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Be aware, John, that it is still,IMHO, a testing stb. There are still software issues with recording, scanning and occasional connection issues. I am hoping these are addressed soon. It has improved greatly, no doubt, but it is still a "new" receiver.

jazmine
10-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Be aware, John, that it is still,IMHO, a testing stb. There are still software issues with recording, scanning and occasional connection issues. I am hoping these are addressed soon. It has improved greatly, no doubt, but it is still a "new" receiver. Is there any bug free HD fta receiver?

daryld
10-11-2012, 02:47 PM
I think it is more a matter of more or less bugs, not no bugs....

JohnDrake007
10-14-2012, 06:59 PM
I've read that the Jynxbox Ultra HD does not come with a user manual. Is there a manual in PDF format that we can download somewhere?

space at
10-14-2012, 07:05 PM
no I believe it doesnt, but if ur going to load 3rd party software on it, a manual is useless, unless u want remote codes or something

magnus
10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
In my opinion, jynxbox is not quite ready. Still problems with motorized dishes, and scanning. GUI is very basic looking (Large ugly font epg). ATSC Tuner is not released yet. Not sure about dual tuner support yet, but it wasn't available last time i checked. And no manual. All that being said, it is improving with each software update. I also have Viewsat max hd , and 9000 hd, which i find better. Actual picture quality i find is pretty well the same no matter which receiver you try. When the atsc tuner is finally released, i might try jynxbox again, but for now i'm staying with VS9000.

phat
10-15-2012, 01:39 AM
I don't have EPG or scanning issues, remote code manual is available.

Jynxbox features that put it above the competition:

1. Multimedia playback: It plays 1080p MKV, AVI, X264 and pretty much everything else
2. Read and write to NTFS HDD (I'm using a USB 3.0 3TB drive)
3. MicroSD slot
4. Dual tuner ready (any combo of Turbo, DVBS2 and ATSC)

Nice features:

Very fast scanning
Dual USB
No heat
Small size
Great remote

Does it have software bugs? Yes. But for me they have not impeded my experience.

Larbi
11-08-2012, 09:46 PM
The menu and features are well detailled or poor one like limesat hd air?