PDA

View Full Version : Deleting PMs

mindbender
10-10-2012, 06:29 PM
It would do all of us good if we could delete are PMs from server . Also a mass delete of PMs on a regular time table.

kijiji
10-10-2012, 07:06 PM
You don't get pm's from server's ,but you do get them from re-sellers so just go a head and empty out your messages.

Terryl
10-10-2012, 07:28 PM
You can delete your PM's from our server, just select them, (up to 50 at a time) and go down to the bottom of the page, click on the "selected messages" tab, and go to delete, follow the instructions.

A "mass delete of PM's on a regular time table", would that be for yours or all members?

If all members then no that would not be a very good idea.

mindbender
10-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I was thinking for all so possible problems could be limited.Also TKY for help on deleting pms

homedoc1944
10-10-2012, 08:40 PM
You can delete your PM's from our server, just select them, (up to 50 at a time) and go down to the bottom of the page, click on the "selected messages" tab, and go to delete, follow the instructions.

A "mass delete of PM's on a regular time table", would that be for yours or all members?

If all members then no that would not be a very good idea.

This is a very good idea for one's own security. I delete all P/M's after reading or printing. You can never be too safe.

clarkBENT
10-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the idea, but I think some users would prefer to keep certain important messages. However, I think it might make more sense to put a reminder notice on the PM page (1st of the month) to remind users to delete un-needed messages. That way the site isn't being too invasive, but everyone was "warned"/reminded.

It would do all of us good if we could delete are PMs from server . Also a mass delete of PMs on a regular time table.

dishuser
10-10-2012, 11:15 PM
This is a very good idea for one's own security. I delete all P/M's after reading or printing. You can never be too safe.

and if db is grabbed so are all your deleted pm's
what security?

dishuser
10-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the idea, but I think some users would prefer to keep certain important messages. However, I think it might make more sense to put a reminder notice on the PM page (1st of the month) to remind users to delete un-needed messages. That way the site isn't being too invasive, but everyone was "warned"/reminded.
if a user wants that special pm they can save it to notepad
if pm's were deleted from db then that would be safe