PDA

View Full Version : JyynxBox Recording issue

Rizz
10-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Hi Guys ,
I am wondering if some one can please help me how to record on jynbox I have 128GB USB drive and 4GB micro SD card in my pvr I set 128gb as just recording and 4gbg micro sd for time shifting tv guid time shifting working but any thing I record i am not able to play or its just freeze's like crazy or dont play I just hear sound only I try to switch to TC and other setting I for got what it is PS I believe . Any advice or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks and happy testing.

daryld
10-11-2012, 01:12 PM
This stb still needs work. Read past posts about recording scrambled shows. I hope those who are considering buying this receiver are aware that it is still very much in the testing phase of its development.

bobby
10-12-2012, 11:18 PM
This stb still needs work. Read past posts about recording scrambled shows. I hope those who are considering buying this receiver are aware that it is still very much in the testing phase of its development.

here is a review on recording with the jynx, the jynx is farther ahead than some HD receivers that have been around for awhile like the freesat HD and dreamlink HD and is very much usable the way it works now, of course it still needs work as most receivers do and as long as their is a support team releasing files than it will always be in a testing phase, the good thing is that their is a team behind this box making improvements and with the recent release of their Android box they should be around for a awhile so the jynxbox can only get better and should not deter someone from getting one if worried about support but that is my opinion

c/p lucydog2006

Ok, I've finally fixed my recording issues. The problem is not the Jynxbox, but me! I did not understand the recording fields and misunderstood one of the fields that needs to be set.

When choosing to record a show by pressing the GREEN button, it works only if you remember to change the "Timer service" from 'channel' to 'record'. It was one of the fields I left as default when checking to make sure you have selected the correct start and duration of the event you want to record. After all, if you're going to record, why does one need to change the field from 'channel' to 'record'? Its not intuitive. It would be better to have the default as "RECORD" instead of "CHANNEL". This will prevent a lot of confusion when there is no manual with the Jynxbox.

Once I got this working, everything was pretty much working. So, I'm a happy camper. This Jynxbox seems to be pretty much more usable.

I can live with the front USB port being connected to my external HDD since the rear USB port is not able to backup my user database and server settings. Now that I can start recording my shows, it removes my major drawback for this box.

It runs hot, but I am planning to have a USB fan attached at the back to remove the excess heat from the box. So, hopefully, this will help reduce any potential heat issues.

The only issue I see is after recording, it powers the Jynxbox down. I'm not sure what will happen if there is a second event that needs to be recorded an hour later. Does the Jynxbox wake up to record the show or not? I'll check that out and let you know.

Updated: I powered down the Jynxbox, and if you have a recording, it will wake up the Jynxbox to record it.

Awesome! Excellent ... :-)

daryld
10-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Bobby, I use a DreamlinkHD because it is so problem free. I hope soon that Jynxbox HD is equal to it in dependability. I simply wanted someone interested in this stb (Jynxbox HD) to be aware that there are still a lot of issues that need to be solved. I've had both of these stb's since they came out and the DLHD is far ahead with scanning, recording, connection, etc. As I said, I have high hopes for Jynxbox and have an Android on the way, but folks considering buying one should just be aware of where this stb is, a good receiver, great picture, but still far from "finished".

magnus
10-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Bobby, I use a DreamlinkHD because it is so problem free. I hope soon that Jynxbox HD is equal to it in dependability. I simply wanted someone interested in this stb (Jynxbox HD) to be aware that there are still a lot of issues that need to be solved. I've had both of these stb's since they came out and the DLHD is far ahead with scanning, recording, connection, etc. As I said, I have high hopes for Jynxbox and have an Android on the way, but folks considering buying one should just be aware of where this stb is, a good receiver, great picture, but still far from "finished".
I agree. Jynx is a work in progress. Wish I knew that when I purchased it when it was first released. I believed the hype, and thought it would be better then anything on the market. Unfortunately I was very disappointed. For now I am still using VS9000 HD, until jynxbox is updated to a more user friendly experience.

crazy carl
10-26-2012, 07:40 PM
It was said more then a few times that this box was in beta testing and that there were a lot of kinks to work out, my neighbours has one and he isn't disappointed in the slightest he says it's been great for testing

iq180
10-26-2012, 07:49 PM
I agree. Jynx is a work in progress. Wish I knew that when I purchased it when it was first released. I believed the hype, and thought it would be better then anything on the market. Unfortunately I was very disappointed. For now I am still using VS9000 HD, until jynxbox is updated to a more user friendly experience.
LOL, the jynx box is the most user friendly box that i own, i set my jynx up in 30 min and was watching tv, if you think the jynx
is hard to setup dont buy an azbox,lol.

scooby8888
10-26-2012, 10:08 PM
LOL, the jynx box is the most user friendly box that i own, i set my jynx up in 30 min and was watching tv, if you think the jynx
is hard to setup dont buy an azbox,lol.

i don't think he was saying its hard i think he was saying its still a work in progress. and i being an owner of the jynx will have to agree. the scanning and recording issues make it alot harder than most boxes to just plug in and load a bin and scan to watch tv. there were a few things that took a little time to iron out but i feel it is coming along very well and seems to be looking up very nice. :)

Anubis
10-26-2012, 10:25 PM
This is the nature of the hobby folks.
These units are made for true FTA and would probably work primo out of the box but as soon as you start modding them with 3rd party files then expect some hiccups.
All good things come in time. Be patient.;)

iq180
10-26-2012, 10:25 PM
i don't think he was saying its hard i think he was saying its still a work in progress. and i being an owner of the jynx will have to agree. the scanning and recording issues make it alot harder than most boxes to just plug in and load a bin and scan to watch tv. there were a few things that took a little time to iron out but i feel it is coming along very well and seems to be looking up very nice. :)
yes they do have problems with recording but i have not had any problems with ch scanning, the key is to read, read, read, and
then read some more,lol.

homer_™
10-26-2012, 10:44 PM
It's noted that there are some playback issues with transport stream on this box but there are no issues playing back other formats such as Mpeg4. AVI & MKV to name a few.
You could easily convert the TS files to another format for playback for the time being..

homer_™
10-27-2012, 01:05 AM
But if the TS file is a recording of an encrypted channel, then the recording is encrypted. You first need to decrypt the file before you can convert it. The open/free channels (like 101 or 4483) record and playback fine.
The real issue is that the stream should be decrypted before it is recorded.

That issue was solved since the 2.06 file, I was talking about the micro freezing while playing back a recorded program...
It's not even that bad, but if you wanted a 100% quality go to another video format.

WatchingTV
10-27-2012, 02:44 PM
That issue was solved.

Glad to hear that, will have to try recording with the new file again. (removed previous post as not to confuse others reading the thread)
Thanks for the correction homer, my last recording (with 2.07) failed so I did not try it again.

shadalert
10-31-2012, 06:02 PM
I must say the Jynxbox is the best FTA decision I've ever made. So far, the receiver is heads above any I've owned and is user friendly.
PLUSES:
(1) Outstanding 1080p picture quality which I'm watching on a Mitsubishi 82-inch tv. The best I've ever seen!
(2) The quickest channel change of any I've had.
(3) Easy populating EPG up to 9 days...more than any stb.
(4) You can turn many P$ers on at the same time with no freezing or pixilating. It works even better than nfusions N.O.I. When switching to a channel it will go to a working server instantly. A BIG PLUS!
(5) The coolest running STB I've ever owned and requires no cooling fan to keep it cool.
MINOR Problems:
(1) It will not play PVR TS files of movies recorded on another stb (the Limesat Air HD) and posts message saying,"Unsupport File." Actually, I haven't found another that will.
(2) No Auto TP. When DN moves channels to another satellite and/or tp, you have to rescan. Actually, I've found that the only HD receiver that has that capability is the SV8KHD.

In summary, I love the Jynxbox and highly recommend it to anyone who's considering one. It is user friendly and the price is very reasonable.

PayPerView
11-01-2012, 05:08 AM
Well, Firmware v212 is out and it did not address any of the recording issues.

sneakymise
11-01-2012, 05:39 AM
And you posting this on 2 forums helped how ?

homer_™
11-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Well, Firmware v212 is out and it did not address any of the recording issues.

If your so concerned about a perfect playback why don't you download your content off the internet in one of the Jyxboxes many compatible formats, you will be better off that way. There are tons of sites that host missed episodes out there.

When you make an IKS recording your always risking a faulty playback due to micro freezing from the server.

WatchingTV
11-03-2012, 02:52 PM
That issue was solved since the 2.06 file

Please see other thread, encrpted channels recordings are still encrypted. It is just you do not need the internet to retrieve the keys as they must be in the other .DVR files now and pulled from there upon playback. This is one more step that can be causing the glitches in the playback.