PDA

View Full Version : Viewsat 9000HD No signal!

Torero
10-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Having a Viewsat 9000HD connected to x-fta dongle, everything configured well and working under Iks donation, but are some channels were supposed to be working, nothing seem to get them to go, I resetted the receiver to Factory in order to scan again and it may catch-up, but here is what I got: No signal... Does that trigger any clue...
I am looking for updated VS9000HD Files that may solve the prob. But stil good ideas welcome.
Thanks in advance:D

Terryl
10-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi Torero, I moved your post from the section you posted in as that is for staff to post receiver status only.

You will get some help in this section a lot faster.

fastrman
10-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Are you talking about the HD or SD channels? If HD, try going to options, turning off the external tuner --> exit --> options (again) --> see that external tuner is actually still on ---> exit and the hd tuner magically starts working again. It's a bug that was never fixed. Sometimes this must be done before scanning the hd transponders to wake up the HD Tuner. If it is SD channels that have no signal, you have bigger issues that are fixable as well. What type of dish do you have? how far is it from the VS9K? The VS9K has issues regarding powering dishes and switches (low voltage). Also the VS9K has issues scanning channels. All are fixable by workarounds.

fixmtsat
10-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Turning the tuner "off" and then back on just did the trick for me. Thanks so much for the tip.

Any other workarounds for this unit?? My VS9K is still not scanning all channels ok, and I have a bunch missing...

DualTest
11-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I usually do two scans and that picks up the missing channels. Scan 129 one time, but when it asks you to say no. And immediately scan again. Works for me, hope that helps.

hadap123
05-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Are you talking about the HD or SD channels? If HD, try going to options, turning off the external tuner --> exit --> options (again) --> see that external tuner is actually still on ---> exit and the hd tuner magically starts working again. It's a bug that was never fixed. Sometimes this must be done before scanning the hd transponders to wake up the HD Tuner. If it is SD channels that have no signal, you have bigger issues that are fixable as well. What type of dish do you have? how far is it from the VS9K? The VS9K has issues regarding powering dishes and switches (low voltage). Also the VS9K has issues scanning channels. All are fixable by workarounds.

I have the exact same issue as him, I turned off the external tuner --> exit --> options and its still on, i tried it couple more times no success. I also tried the 2 scans Dualscan suggested still no luck. example 388 PIXL HD channel, when i go on this channel it says HD lower right but it also says 480i and its nowhere near HD (480i). I ready somewhere maybe the module could be defective? any help works
thanks

bobby
05-03-2013, 11:08 PM
ch 388 is not an HD channel even though it is listed as Pixl HD, there are some HD channels on sat 110 like ch 9456 which is a mirror of ch 300 but just in HD or ch 9421 Velocity HD also on sat 110, most HD channels are located on sat 129w