PDA

View Full Version : NFHD loses S&Q after turning it on.

tOr0nTo
10-18-2012, 04:54 AM
After I set up my Nfhd perfectly it eventually, more sooner than later, loses S&Q after I turn it off. S&Q goes down to 18% for all channels on all sats. THe S&Q returns to normal levels & I get 99% after I do factory default & instal factory bin & then the 25 bin but that is a lot of trouble to go through every time I wanna watch tv. Could it be a heat problem? The box feels cool even when it's been on a while. I have switched the cable to it over to my I-link & it works fine there so doesn't seem to be the cable or disecq. Before I go out & buy another box I thought I'd inquire, hope to get a response from a mod with experience with this box. The Noi is another a-noi-ing issue but that's less of a mystery.

riverman
10-18-2012, 11:15 AM
do you have an 8psk module installed? If you do try removing it to see if the problem remains.

Mr. Bean
10-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Likely either a grounding issue or a bad Disque switch. Whichever I've had a bad switch I've had similar issues. Change channel, lose signal. Resetting the box (sometimes multiple times) will usually bring the signal back. A lot of people say that the nFusion is very susceptible to grounding issues. Although I've never really had that issue, we can't really rule that out as a cause.

meduser
10-18-2012, 03:16 PM
I have had that issue.

I found it to be the switch, and replaced the switch and the issue was resolved.

This also works for a short term fix.

1) turn NFHD off at back of box.
2) go to switch, remove sat in cables (called reseating the cable), screw back on.
3) turn NFHD back on at back of box.

Still a pain in the butt, but not as much as redoing all your sat settings and network.

tOr0nTo
10-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks riverman, but disconnecting the 8psk isn't a solution cuz I need it to watch HD.

Mr Bean, I will try grounding the box to something today....donno exactly what.... maybe to the aluminum chimney up there. Or to the old school tv antenna or the support for it that goes right to ground. I changed the disecq switch a couple of weeks ago.

So yeah, will see. Gotta admit, when the box is working it scrambles less than some conventional boxes so maybe worth it.

tOr0nTo
10-18-2012, 07:04 PM
On 2nd thought, maybe my 8psk is worn out. I could try replacing it with one I already have. But I doubt it cuz the box hasn't been used much.

tOr0nTo
10-23-2012, 05:10 AM
Update: box started working fine without me doing anything. I won't fix what ain't broke- but your suggs will be useful if problem reoccurs.