PDA

View Full Version : VS MAX HD scan issue

coqcalitey
10-28-2012, 06:26 PM
16608Cannot scan any HD channel with a VS MAX HD.

Signal is good, tested with a Dreamlink HD.

I manually added an HD TP, 21500 , Auto
no result.

I thought VS Max came with what is needed?

ruthie
10-28-2012, 11:00 PM

no result.

When you added TP's did it have a turbo8 option.......in the dvb/etc. drop down if so you need to choose that option if it doesn't have option you might not have a HD board??? just a thought...

coqcalitey
10-29-2012, 12:45 AM
I do have the Turbo8 option. When you scan, it says failed. I thought VS Max came with the HD module but maybe not 8PSK. I'll install an 8PSK module to see what get.

I thought someone could tell if the pic is of the right module.

mike_winnipeg
10-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Hi , from what i know , the green board is the factory board and you will only get sd channels.
You need to order a red board , install it and change a few settings and then you are off to the races.
I went through the same , when i first got my VS Max.

starfarm
10-29-2012, 11:20 AM

no result.

provided you have the right 8psk board, try turning the externel tuner off and on a couple times, sometimes it sticks

kenkell1
10-29-2012, 05:49 PM
provided you have the right 8psk board, try turning the externel tuner off and on a couple times, sometimes it sticks
you can't turn it off and on like the 9000.
He needs the red board before any HD channels can be scanned.

talkdty
09-11-2014, 04:52 AM
Hi , from what i know , the green board is the factory board and you will only get sd channels.
You need to order a red board , install it and change a few settings and then you are off to the races.
I went through the same , when i first got my VS Max.

wondering if anyone else has experienced this...
the factory board is green and does not have a chip that the "HD" board has on the underside.

the two "HD" boards I have came in both flavors - green & red (one of each) they each have that extra chip on the bottom that the OEM chip does not (so that makes them HD right ? ;-), now the strange part of the story.

the receiver will not show any signal nor any quality, ZERO on both - no matter pointed to any bird.

pop the OEM board back in and signal & quality return..... I find it strange two different boards have the same issue or is my firmware not right for a non-OEM board ?

bootloader 1.06
Main S/W 1.08
Satellite U013

I've tried several files and all seem to have the same S & Q failure...........what's the issue ???

talkdty
09-15-2014, 04:08 PM
:noidea:
wondering if anyone else has experienced this...
the factory board is green and does not have a chip that the "HD" board has on the underside.

the two "HD" boards I have came in both flavors - green & red (one of each) they each have that extra chip on the bottom that the OEM chip does not (so that makes them HD right ? ;-), now the strange part of the story.

the receiver will not show any signal nor any quality, ZERO on both - no matter pointed to any bird.

pop the OEM board back in and signal & quality return..... I find it strange two different boards have the same issue or is my firmware not right for a non-OEM board ?

bootloader 1.06
Main S/W 1.08
Satellite U013

I've tried several files and all seem to have the same S & Q failure...........what's the issue ???

...guess its only me and my box...:noidea: