PDA

View Full Version : Big problem Limesat signal is weak

J. A five
10-29-2012, 01:42 AM
Hello everybody I have problem with Limesat signal is weak. the signal is 95. I did rebooted and Factory Default I still have same problem. when turn receiver on say signal is weak and I when change channel I get picture after 1 or 2 minute same message signal weak :bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl: . I have other receiver Dreamlink HD is working fine. Thank you very much for your help thanks

chuck
10-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Hello everybody I have problem with Limesat signal is weak. the signal is 95. I did rebooted and Factory Default I still have same problem. when turn receiver on say signal is weak and I when change channel I get picture after 1 or 2 minute same message signal weak :bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl: . I have other receiver Dreamlink HD is working fine. Thank you very much for your help thanks

what channel is doing this? 455??

J. A five
10-29-2012, 01:48 AM
all the channels bev and dn thanks for reply

chuck
10-29-2012, 01:57 AM
all the channels bev and dn thanks for reply

your signal is 95....means you are connected reciever to lnb. but what is your Q (quality)? for all sats? check your settings.

J. A five
10-29-2012, 02:08 AM
Signal now is 99 quality is 89

trixter
10-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Check your lnb's and switches. If you can connect straight to stb without the switch with a barrel connector instead a switch.

Also is you system ground. You should run a ground from your lnb or switch to where it connects to your cable box, grounding it can also help solve the problem.

Hope this helps

polar bear1973
10-31-2012, 12:30 AM
me too i had the same problem and it was the ground

Nostradamus
10-31-2012, 12:47 AM
I have the same problem with activo i use different server and everything is fine.

using a server will make no difference in your received signal

dave32
02-20-2013, 06:54 AM
how to ground???

whoknows
02-20-2013, 12:05 PM
how to ground???

Attach the grounding block to side of your house at your designated entry point. Use a grounding wire (#10 copper or #8 aluminum) that will extend from the grounding block to the central building ground. Attach the grounding wire to the grounding block by placing it through the wire hole in the grounding block and tightening the screw.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/PICGRB2.gif

Anubis
02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Or run a wire attached from the dish to the ground on the outside of your electrical meter or run a wire from your dish to a metal rod banged into the ground.

Terryl
02-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Signal now is 99 quality is 89

The "S" doesn't mean very much, as all that is, is an indication that you have a signal of some type from the LNB(s) or switch, it can be as low as 50% and still work.

Tthe "Q" signal does, but it can be as low as 60% and still work fine.

Remember this is a digital signal, if your not having problems with rain, snow or ice on the dish, then 89% "Q" is great.

The receiver saying "weak signal" may have a software problem and not an LNB, switch or coax problem, as it works fine on other receivers.

Terryl
02-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Attach the grounding block to side of your house at your designated entry point. Use a grounding wire (#10 copper or #8 aluminum) that will extend from the grounding block to the central building ground. Attach the grounding wire to the grounding block by placing it through the wire hole in the grounding block and tightening the screw.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/PICGRB2.gif

This is a good idea, but you can also use the case of any outside metal switch, you can attach the ground there also.

And I don't recommend using the house electrical ground (unless required by local codes in a new install) as it may be too far away from the dish, a ground rod located as close to the dish should be used, or any close by metal cold water pipe can also be used.

Anubis
02-21-2013, 12:27 AM
This is a good idea, but you can also use the case of any outside metal switch, you can attach the ground there also.

And I don't recommend using the house electrical ground (unless required by local codes in a new install) as it may be too far away from the dish, a ground rod located as close to the dish should be used, or any close by metal cold water pipe can also be used.

In my case the outside hydro meter is a mere 15ft away and I meant the phone ground attached to it. It looks similar to what whoknows posted. I guess I was posting to quick again. lol