PDA

View Full Version : confused

jermin
10-29-2012, 04:30 PM
i tried files from 3 or 4 forums for my viewsat vs2000 extreme and none seems to be working....can some 1 tell me whats the latest files for a viewsat vs2000 extreme. this box was mess up by a friend trying to load files to it ..... i was told that i will need a bin file,booth loader,channel list,sat info,loader 2. or if this box can't work any more can some one recommend a FTA box that would would work in Guyana south america .....

fuzzywuzzy1
10-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Please note that not only do you need the latest bin which is here
http://phoenix.satfix.net/showthread.php?120813-VIEWSAT-EXTREME-DBPSW-SSSP-071031x-pgm-rar

but you need a Private server to connect to. In order to do this you need a X-FTA router connected to the internet or use RQ-SSSP with WFEMU running on a computer connected to the internet.

Good luck

jermin
10-31-2012, 02:59 PM
what does the private server do ?

fonger
10-31-2012, 03:23 PM
gives you television channels to watch..

jermin
10-31-2012, 04:05 PM
i have a dish 500 with the receiver....that is what i am trying to set up...

fonger
10-31-2012, 04:23 PM
see post from fuzzywuzzy1.
:)

jermin
10-31-2012, 04:27 PM
i am trying to get my receiver to work with a dish 500...... but fuzzywuzzy1 link is directing me to go trough some private server ????????

fuzzywuzzy1
10-31-2012, 04:36 PM
what does the private server do ?

If you are trying to use your Extreme to see FTA (Free to Air) channels then you do not need a Private Server. But if you are planning to use the Extreme to watch Dish or BEV then you need to ability to unscamble the signal. In order to do this you need internet access and a Private Server to connect to. There are many P$ out there with different channel listings. It's not like to old days of just having a BIN file to watch Dish or BEV, you now need to connect to internet and use a private server.

Hope this explains it

Good luck

PS: My link directs you to the BIN file needed to run Extreme with Private Server. You still have to find a Private Server like NFPS, Rocket etc...

Anubis
10-31-2012, 04:39 PM
fuzzywuzzy1's link is the latest file you need for your box. It has nothing to do with a private server.

You might want to go back to some older posts in this section and read everything needed and how to set up your unit.

sideswiper
10-31-2012, 04:42 PM
i tried files from 3 or 4 forums for my viewsat vs2000 extreme and none seems to be working....can some 1 tell me whats the latest files for a viewsat vs2000 extreme. this box was mess up by a friend trying to load files to it ..... i was told that i will need a bin file,booth loader,channel list,sat info,loader 2. or if this box can't work any more can some one recommend a FTA box that would would work in Guyana south america .....your extreme will not work with iks you need a ultra ultra lite,9000 hd or the max hd for iks

fuzzywuzzy1
10-31-2012, 05:03 PM
The Bin file for the Extreme has just recently been released. So the Extreme can be added to the list of Viewsats running IKS.

I have not personnally tried it yet. But others have with success.