PDA

View Full Version : Can't lock in 91, 82 locked<moved>

Pearl jam 12
10-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Well I'v tried everything I think. I can't for some reason to get 91 signal at all. 82 is at 90% on tp 15. 91 on tp 16 won't get a gig of signal. I'v had it at 49-55% at best once. 82 locks without much effort. I'v done check switches. I read on a thread that you can skew when either 82 or 91 locks in. And I'v also read that 91 needs to be locked first at a 100 and then skew.

Terryl
10-29-2012, 11:07 PM
What type(s) of LNB(s) are you using?

And for a dual satellite setup you will be pointing in-between the two satellites, (if your LNB's are side by side) so make sure you have the correct pointing info for your location, and you selected multi LNB for the LNB type.

Pearl jam 12
10-29-2012, 11:09 PM
As well there are a few tress in the back yard but all the leaves have dropped. I don't think that could be y I'm not getting 91. Is it possible to get 82 and have signal blocked by something for 91?

Anubis
10-29-2012, 11:18 PM
I have the oposite and have a seasonal 82 bird but once the leaves drop it's works fine and never lose 91. Mind you I have found that this time around my lnb had moisture in it because it developed a crack. That maybe be something to look at.
Your lnb could have moved as well.

Pearl jam 12
10-29-2012, 11:21 PM
What type(s) of LNB(s) are you using?

And for a dual satellite setup you will be pointing in-between the two satellites, (if your LNB's are side by side) so make sure you have the correct pointing info for your location, and you selected multi LNB for the LNB type.

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by types of LNB's. they are two single dish network LNB's

Pearl jam 12
10-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Ok, so I was informed by my dumb ass wife that she ran a check switch when there was no 91 in the port and removed sat 91 from the receiver. Will this keep me from gaining signal

Terryl
10-29-2012, 11:30 PM
You just answered my question, so what you do is go to dishpointer.com and enter your location info, then select 82W & 91W under the "Multi LNB setups" and that will give you the correct pointing info for your location, it will tell you the direction and elevation, plus the skew (turning the dish like a steering wheel) setting.

Now with 2 single LNB's you need some type of switch, if they are what are called "Legacy" you need a legacy switch (2 inputs from both LNB's) if the are standard DP type LNB's (Dish Network) then all you need is an SW21 or a 4x1 Diseqc switch.

dishuser
10-29-2012, 11:37 PM
You just answered my question, so what you do is go to dishpointer.com and enter your location info, then select 82W & 91W under the "Multi LNB setups" and that will give you the correct pointing info for your location, it will tell you the direction and elevation, plus the skew (turning the dish like a steering wheel) setting.

Now with 2 single LNB's you need some type of switch, if they are what are called "Legacy" you need a legacy switch (2 inputs from both LNB's) if the are standard DP type LNB's (Dish Network) then all you need is an SW21 or a 4x1 Diseqc switch.

sw doesn't recognize dp
sw is for legacy

Pearl jam 12
10-29-2012, 11:55 PM

Yea I have a switch sw21. I'v been setting up dishes for years but new at the multi dish set ups. They are standard DP LNB's. I just find it strange that I can't lock 91. I read on thread that I need to unhook line at the receiver and run a check switch and get xx's for both 91&82. The reconnect and get 91 on a direct line tp 16. Then the rest of the directions are not very clear. Would I reconnect the switch box and then skew for 82 signal on tp15?

steven charles
10-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Yea I have a switch sw21. I'v been setting up dishes for years but new at the multi dish set ups. They are standard DP LNB's. I just find it strange that I can't lock 91. I read on thread that I need to unhook line at the receiver and run a check switch and get xx's for both 91&82. The reconnect and get 91 on a direct line tp 16. Then the rest of the directions are not very clear. Would I reconnect the switch box and then skew for 82 signal on tp15?
why don,t you try disconnecting the switch and connected straight to the receiver and dish to check the sat your having trouble with,to make sure it ain,t the switch or any thing else,except the dish alinement....

riverman
10-30-2012, 01:47 AM
Sw21 switch doesn't work with DP lnbs.

Terryl
10-30-2012, 01:58 AM
If it's Dish SW21 then it will.

http://www.prosatellitesupply.com/dish_network_sw21_switch.htm

dishuser
10-30-2012, 02:02 AM
If it's Dish SW21 then it will.

http://www.prosatellitesupply.com/dish_network_sw21_switch.htm
it needs to be a dp21

yappapi
10-30-2012, 03:02 AM
Sw21 switch doesn't work with DP lnbs.

let me tip toe in and out real quietly.
i can confirm sw21 working with 2 d500's with dp twin's and has also worked with d500 with dp twin's and a 1000.2 on FTA boxes.
i had no idea a dp21 existed till i read this thread.

62bug
10-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Ok, so I was informed by my dumb ass wife that she ran a check switch when there was no 91 in the port and removed sat 91 from the receiver. Will this keep me from gaining signal

Yea Pearl jam you should put 91 back in
I had to relocate my dish last night due to wind and for a while all I could get was 82.
Went back out to the dish and moved it a bit more to the west and locked onto 91.