PDA

View Full Version : Viewsat 9000 using both HDMI and RF output

ultradan
11-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Hi We have 2 TV in 2 rooms and would like to use only 1 receiver for both. (I've set in another room the 2nd VS remote control with a pair of transceiver to control the viewsat in main room) Is there a way to use at the same time both HDMI and RF video output (we have coax cable from VS to the other room). I have a 8psk card and I already tried the RCA outputs together with the HDMI - it works but not with the RF output (loop) thanks.:noidea:

bruinfan
11-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi We have 2 TV in 2 rooms and would like to use only 1 receiver for both. (I've set in another room the 2nd VS remote control with a pair of transceiver to control the viewsat in main room) Is there a way to use at the same time both HDMI and RF video output (we have coax cable from VS to the other room). I have a 8psk card and I already tried the RCA outputs together with the HDMI - it works but not with the RF output (loop) thanks.:noidea:

I used to do be able to do that and run a cable in the garage from the loop out. Not working for me either now???? Could be a programming glitch???? I have an older 100510H.pgm file I may have to try.

bruinfan
11-27-2012, 01:26 PM
I know what I did! Had to run it through a VCR I believe. Was a long time ago. :)
Via RCA plugs

bruinfan
11-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Tried it last night and it works. receiver to vcr (audio and video in) out wth cable to tv

Terryl
11-30-2012, 06:12 PM
The "Loop output" is not to run a second TV set but a second ViewSat receiver.

It does not have an RF output to run a TV set, to do this all you need is a video/audio to RF converter, this will take the video output and the L&R audio output and convert it to an RF TV channel. (3 or 4, or sometime a CATV channel of your choice)

You can then run this to a TV set, however it will not be HD.(you can get one at Radio Shack)

To do that you need a HDMI splitter and HDMI to CAT5 adapter, then you run the CAT5 to the remote TV set and go from CAT5 back to HDMI, this will then be in HD.
You can find these here.
http://www.hdtvsupply.com/hdtocaad.html they also have the HDMI splitters.

ultradan
12-29-2012, 03:35 AM
ok thanks Terryl. I've tried this RF converter option and it working well. thanks !