11-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Hi to all,

I have been testing a dream link Hd

My equipment

Iviacom lnb, 36" fortec star dish and hh90 motor

Dream LInk HD
Nanosat Se
Ipro 2000 +

For the most part the USAL work pretty well minor hicups when exiting it want to return back to the previous satellite no big problem there,
one thing I did notice when I was trying to align the dish that if using Discq 1 I would not get a
signal, switched to Discq 1.1 get very good signal, however Discq 1 works very well with dish pro lnb
not sure why

now this is the only box thus far that the close caption actually work

Pvr work great with time recording if you can get Epg to work

Remote response when channel changing is very slow
Fav and sat button not very ergonomic location on remote

Epg is very poor I have tried every possible combination nothing has worked the best I have been able to do was 2days and only about 25% population hopefully Dreamlink will get some input from nanosat on how to properly populate epg I think if they switch to channel 200 they would get better results.

Picture quality is very good

No heating issues only warm to the touch

No crazy about not having channel display but ok

Over all it's a very good box, most of the function work very not to difficult to set up
I thing if they can improve the Epg and remote response it will be a great box

Hope this helps some of my fellow testers

crazy carl
11-06-2012, 02:03 AM
Good review, it will help the members of satfix as well as others looking for information, my neighbours epg works excellent though, hope you get it going...happy testing

astaza
11-06-2012, 03:43 AM
what drives mad is bad or no signal common issue at times,which canbe resolved only by a soft or hard reboot. otherewise, it is good unit.

Cassa
11-06-2012, 02:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone has noticed 'time creep' with the time manager? I set it to auto turn on to the news channel at 6 PM, within a week I notice it starts to go back. Yesterday it was back to 05:58 PM. Somewhat weird, but liveable.
I find the when I get 'bad or no signal' it's usually the result of work being done with my service provider.