PDA

View Full Version : what is best FTA that has the most unentureupted shut down

FOXY
11-08-2012, 11:41 PM
hello,
i am new to this but was told by friend that this is best way to go.
so, I ask you members, what the best FTA receiver to get that has the least hassle free and has the most up's ?
at least that way i dont curse later for going down all the time.
your cooperation would be greatly appreciated guys.

dalej88
11-09-2012, 12:25 AM
hello,
i am new to this but was told by friend that this is best way to go.
so, I ask you members, what the best FTA receiver to get that has the least hassle free and has the most up's ?
at least that way i dont curse later for going down all the time.
your cooperation would be greatly appreciated guys.

If you are going to curse for going down all the time you may not want to enter the sport???
Most box(s) work well, but never a guarantee..

FOXY
11-09-2012, 12:32 AM
If you are going to curse for going down all the time you may not want to enter the sport???
Most box(s) work well, but never a guarantee..

ofcourse i understand that nothing is guaranteed, but thats why i asked if there is a difference between receivers, if there is a better one that has better support over older one, then at least it helps me knowing what to purchase. i know there will be down time in this game.

dishuser
11-09-2012, 12:37 AM
ofcourse i understand that nothing is guaranteed, but thats why i asked if there is a difference between receivers, if there is a better one that has better support over older one, then at least it helps me knowing what to purchase. i know there will be down time in this game.
only 2 brands have public support so that makes your choice easier...lol

FOXY
11-09-2012, 01:35 AM
only 2 brands have public support so that makes your choice easier...lol

sorry, but i am not looking for public support, willing to pay for private.
so if private, what would you suggest best receiver i grab ?
cause from what i been reading older ones harder for support, so any help would be greatlfull guys, thanks

dalej88
11-09-2012, 01:35 AM

What did your friend advise? This is working well now so reports are, but has no history. Don't know of a receiver not working within reason so you can't go too far wrong.

hagop
11-09-2012, 02:05 AM
No such thing as best reciever fault free, if you're iks is working with no intruptions, you have no problems with any recivers they all work fine.

gwrowe
11-09-2012, 05:48 AM
All receivers that are working right now, have the same support, as to which paid IKS server, the type of receivers I would suggest, is the ones with the built in ethernet port, this way you don't have to find or buy a dongle or hub or adapter for it.

dalej88
11-09-2012, 12:09 PM
sorry, but i am not looking for public support, willing to pay for private.
so if private, what would you suggest best receiver i grab ?
cause from what i been reading older ones harder for support, so any help would be greatlfull guys, thanks

If private you are looking for it's more important to choose the correct P S for your wants than receiver.
As someone else said those receivers with built in internet port are more trouble free. Maybe less work is the better choice of words.

Anubis
11-14-2012, 12:39 AM
All receivers that are working right now, have the same support, as to which paid IKS server, the type of receivers I would suggest, is the ones with the built in ethernet port, this way you don't have to find or buy a dongle or hub or adapter for it.

I disagree. There's a slew of them that don't have any support.

ICEMAN
11-14-2012, 03:18 AM
Hello foxy this is a hobby and nothing is guaranteed but if you want a receiver hassle free and you dont want to deal with headaches I strongly suggest for you to get a sub..most if not all of the fta receivers will have some kind of issues..With the box!!! or with server issues..good luck in your choice..

elhon
12-04-2012, 12:42 AM
it would be interesting to start a voting Pole (as the moderators have done in the past for IKS services). this way one can have a single place to look at and the statistics will be more clear on box popularity. of course on the other hand that may be disappointing manufacturers' representatives that are also members.

dishuser
12-04-2012, 01:45 AM
it would be interesting to start a voting Pole (as the moderators have done in the past for IKS services). this way one can have a single place to look at and the statistics will be more clear on box popularity. of course on the other hand that may be disappointing manufacturers' representatives that are also members.
considering only 2 are up on public why would you need a poll?lmfao

homer_™
12-04-2012, 01:49 AM
I'm also willing to bet that the two that do have public service have equal up and down time.

elhon
12-04-2012, 02:23 AM
I'm also willing to bet that the two that do have public service have equal up and down time.

I was not referring to the service or public Vs. P$. I was talking from HW / FW point of view...this area interest me more as I am in the area of processor HW design for and it would be interesting to know what chip overheats, glitching HW, processing speed, FW robustness, which they would all contribute to your experience whether you go public or private. that is teh my selfish motivation, on the other hand for newbies (like myself) it would help people chose I-Link HD Vs. Limesat HD, or Captiveworks Vs. Dreambox. it would be nice to have a list of ranking to all these boxes for performance Vs price. just a thought.;)

dishuser
12-04-2012, 02:41 AM
I was not referring to the service or public Vs. P$. I was talking from HW / FW point of view...this area interest me more as I am in the area of processor HW design for and it would be interesting to know what chip overheats, glitching HW, processing speed, FW robustness, which they would all contribute to your experience whether you go public or private. that is teh my selfish motivation, on the other hand for newbies (like myself) it would help people chose I-Link HD Vs. Limesat HD, or Captiveworks Vs. Dreambox. it would be nice to have a list of ranking to all these boxes for performance Vs price. just a thought.;)then buy them all and give your opinion
a poll is ridiculous unless you own every stb

homer_™
12-04-2012, 02:59 AM
I was not referring to the service or public Vs. P$. I was talking from HW / FW point of view...this area interest me more as I am in the area of processor HW design for and it would be interesting to know what chip overheats, glitching HW, processing speed, FW robustness, which they would all contribute to your experience whether you go public or private. that is teh my selfish motivation, on the other hand for newbies (like myself) it would help people chose I-Link HD Vs. Limesat HD, or Captiveworks Vs. Dreambox. it would be nice to have a list of ranking to all these boxes for performance Vs price. just a thought.;)

The hardware specs are available anywhere you buy these devices, but they are only as good as the proprietary software that available for them...
The best way to decide has always been to go into each receiver section,read a bunch of threads on each device and form your own conclusion..
There's no streamlining the decision process for all, because everyone has different needs and prices tend to vary.

elhon
12-04-2012, 03:11 AM
The hardware specs are available anywhere you buy these devices, but they are only as good as the proprietary software that available for them...
The best way to decide has always been to go into each receiver section,read a bunch of threads on each device and form your own conclusion..
There's no streamlining the decision process for all, because everyone has different needs and prices tend to vary.

Make sense Homer...thanks