PDA

View Full Version : Have DN setup, only one cable coming into house. How to use 2 receivers at same time

geosat
11-20-2012, 04:25 AM
I am sub to DN and have their setup of 61.5, 110, 119/118 with Dish Pro Plus 44 Switch and power inserter.
As you may already know DN practice is to bring just one cable into house and then use their HD receivers to send signal to other TVs in the house without the use of extra Receivers.

I have two nfps donations and trying to use 2 receivers at the same time but I am unable to do so.
I use a 2 Way A/B Switch to switch satellite signal between two receivers. I am unable to use BOTH receivers at the same time.

Is there any solution to this problem? Please advise. Thanks!
PS: I am unable to go to the roof to bring another cable from dp44 in to my house.

steven charles
11-20-2012, 04:46 AM
I am sub to DN and have their setup of 61.5, 110, 119/118 with Dish Pro Plus 44 Switch and power inserter.
As you may already know DN practice is to bring just one cable into house and then use their HD receivers to send signal to other TVs in the house without the use of extra Receivers.

I have two nfps donations and trying to use 2 receivers at the same time but I am unable to do so.
I use a 2 Way A/B Switch to switch satellite signal between two receivers. I am unable to use BOTH receivers at the same time.

Is there any solution to this problem? Please advise. Thanks!
PS: I am unable to go to the roof to bring another cable from dp44 in to my house.friend i think your best bet its to setup another dish for the fta receivers....

Terryl
11-20-2012, 04:56 AM
It's best to run a second coax from the switch, I would hire someone to do this if you can't, it's the only way.

And DN will run as many coaxes it takes to get a signal to their receivers, if you only have the one receiver then that's all you get, 16 receivers you get 16 coaxes.(that's all you can run off 3 DPP44) switches.