PDA

View Full Version : Jx_na_firmware_v217_dual feedback

Anubis
11-20-2012, 04:40 PM
New file to fix motor issues. Please report feedback.

stagalee
11-20-2012, 08:47 PM
for those of us who dont have a motor , can we load this new file?
thanks

Anubis
11-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Yes you can. The issue posted with the file is what is corrected in the file.

stagalee
11-20-2012, 11:12 PM
thanks Anubis

stagalee
11-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Can we use this new file for both v1 and v2 receivers.
thanks.

homer_™
11-21-2012, 02:12 AM
The files are compatible with both V1 and V2 units

hondoharry
11-21-2012, 09:54 AM
They need to fix a lot more than the motor.

vern
11-21-2012, 11:22 AM

And you could do better??They have been dealing with issues on every file that has been released.Keep up the good work jynxbox team:)

hondoharry
11-21-2012, 01:36 PM
And you could do better??

Uhhh, no. Why would you even think I could?

Anubis
11-21-2012, 01:59 PM

You should be thankful they are addressing issues period.

hondoharry
11-21-2012, 02:15 PM
You should be thankful they are addressing issues period.

You can say that again!

TurboPirate
11-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Make constructive comments, if new file is out, give thanks is out, don't mention the other stuff, if file came and fix a bug than wait for more files to come, the other bugs will be fixed but step by step, you can't cross the bridge before getting to the bridge, post whats constructive, if it is not constructive don't post.
Think of those that bought an equipment and never got a single factory firmware to fix not even 1 bug and money went down the drain.............................keep it clean, Thanks Anubis reporting this new firmware......excellent job!!!!!!!!

hondoharry
11-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Just that I've seen so many boxes come out with bin updates at first that never fix the main issues that don't work right and users are requesting. Then the updates dry up. I-Link comes to mind. Let's hope JB isn't one of those. For those few with motors this update is a big deal if it works.

Anubis
11-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Just that I've seen so many boxes come out with bin updates at first that never fix the main issues that don't work right and users are requesting. Then the updates dry up. I-Link comes to mind. Let's hope JB isn't one of those. For those few with motors this update is a big deal if it works.
It works.

Now let keep this thread to its intended purpose.

Benney
11-21-2012, 09:55 PM
File 217 and usals (motor settings)

I found this a bit different than what I am used to with usals
settings on other receivers.

First thing is to do all your setting for each sat that you want.

INSTALL--->DISH Settings
Set up with the right info for each sat.

Exit out and go to POSITIONER Settings----> Motor settings
Now pick your first sat.

It will say moving to position, wait for that to clear.

(Note it will not show you are locked on after the moving dish box closes.
You can go back to dish setting to see if you are actually locked on
that sat as it will show there.)

Hit the red button to scan.
I use Auto Scan
Scans slow but it is a good scan.
When the finished box shows press ok.

Repeat for each Sat you want.

Not sure if you could actually set up a new install with this
receiver or not. I think it would be a nightmare to do.

My dish was up and running already.

1-The moving dish box could shut down quicker IMO.

2-The dish seems to move much quicker to it's position than my other receivers do.

This works well as I have been moving my dish between 61.5 and 129 for the last hr with no misses.

Also switches from HD to SD without having to turn positioner off.

armo
11-23-2012, 10:26 AM
One thing is bothering me with all bins I guess is when you change AV settings to a setting where your TV don't support you just can't see the menu again everything gets black " at least on my TV " and there is no way to correct the settings other than connecting a regular white,red,yellow cable to a different input and change it again to the correct settings.

lolipop
11-23-2012, 11:48 AM
One thing is bothering me with all bins I guess is when you change AV settings to a setting where your TV don't support you just can't see the menu again everything gets black " at least on my TV " and there is no way to correct the settings other than connecting a regular white,red,yellow cable to a different input and change it again to the correct settings.
Press the button on remote just above blue button in succession until you get the picture. Give some time between each press. Button is labeled as Aspect. To get out of menu you have to press exist button couple of times Before you press aspect button.

funkycold
11-25-2012, 05:13 AM
FINALLY WE HAVE MOTOR!!!
I knew JB would come around.....
In any case, sure there are issues, but look at the hard work and progress they put behind their units.
Many other Manufacturers have abandonned ship, these guys are better today then a week ago, cant say that about much of the other brands out there.

Benney, what would you rate the JB Motor function compared to your other boxes out of 10?

File 217 and usals (motor settings)

I found this a bit different than what I am used to with usals
settings on other receivers.

First thing is to do all your setting for each sat that you want.

INSTALL--->DISH Settings
Set up with the right info for each sat.

Exit out and go to POSITIONER Settings----> Motor settings
Now pick your first sat.

It will say moving to position, wait for that to clear.

(Note it will not show you are locked on after the moving dish box closes.
You can go back to dish setting to see if you are actually locked on
that sat as it will show there.)

Hit the red button to scan.
I use Auto Scan
Scans slow but it is a good scan.
When the finished box shows press ok.

Repeat for each Sat you want.

Not sure if you could actually set up a new install with this
receiver or not. I think it would be a nightmare to do.

My dish was up and running already.

1-The moving dish box could shut down quicker IMO.

2-The dish seems to move much quicker to it's position than my other receivers do.

This works well as I have been moving my dish between 61.5 and 129 for the last hr with no misses.

Also switches from HD to SD without having to turn positioner off.

funkycold
11-25-2012, 05:15 AM

Please elaborate so at least they can hear you.
Name the things you would like to be improved, maybe they can address it on their next firmware.

Remember, you have to communicate your issues, making dumb comments like that doesn't help the cause.

Have a good day friend and cheer up!

hondoharry
11-25-2012, 06:26 AM
Please elaborate so at least they can hear you.
Name the things you would like to be improved, maybe they can address it on their next firmware.

Remember, you have to communicate your issues, making dumb comments like that doesn't help the cause.

Have a good day friend and cheer up!

I see no need to recount all the things that need improvement. They're all over this section. Just look around and you'll find them.

phat
11-26-2012, 09:38 AM
lol. Your funny.

Good luck!!!

shadalert
11-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Mine still has the JB100 Tuner and ever since I installed bin 217 it has worked like a charm. Before 217 I was having a lot of problems with occasional dropping out of the Dolby Digital Audio and losing channel connection but since the update to 217, no problems whatsoever. I'm using 5 P$ers currently and have had absolutely no freezing when it switches faster from one server to another! I've always thought the nfusion HD has a great picture but I must say the Jynxbox is even better with their 1080P quality. I see no reason to get the JB200 module until Jynx gets their PVR problems worked out. As of now, the PVR is terrible with lots of freezing and instability. Once they work the kinks out, there's no doubt that the Jynxbox Ultra HD will be the best by far on the market. I look forward to being able to record one program while watching another!