PDA

View Full Version : Will Power is your best friend!

chuck
11-22-2012, 03:02 AM
so i qiut smokeing finally. its only been a month, but its the longest i have ever gone. i used no crutch. strictly the will power i have and really wanting to quit.
sad part is i am headed to vegas this wknd!
this could be trouble....mabey if i sneak a captain black.....or swisher sweets??
anyways whatever happens there (which i can't tell you of course..lol) i am going to continue with a smoke free lifestyle!
hoorahhh!!! and as they say......"if i can do it.....ANYONE can do it'!!

fonger
11-22-2012, 04:13 AM
Good luck chuck! We're rooting for you for each day.

chuck
11-23-2012, 01:04 AM
a person i had told of my (at that time) short but good achievement, asked if only they could have some of my motivation.....i said "well heres some. i love life. and i have loved smokeing. but there comes a time in your life where other things become more important. a decision was made...we can't have it all."

Anubis
11-23-2012, 01:09 AM
So true. We should all follow it.

Gamer
11-23-2012, 01:32 AM
I have been smoke free for the past 20 years.My motivation to quit was a visit to the doctor who told me my chest pains were caused from smoking.I quit the next day and I guess the scare did it for me.If I were to smoke now I could not afford it. lols To expensive.So hang in there chuck and stay away from the urge. It will get easier with time.

fonger
11-23-2012, 02:11 AM
Still rooting for ya chuck.. How are you feeling?

homer_™
11-23-2012, 03:02 AM
I respect anyone who attempts to kick the habbit, and I wish them luck...
I hope someday I will have enough will power to kick the habbit... It's drug that you don't even get buzzed from for God sakes.. We should all quit...

abouttosnap
11-23-2012, 03:31 AM
Come close twice myself. Was down to only one a day and something happened and kicked it back in. My poor old dad told me when I was young when came to drinking and smoking if you don't start it you won't know what it is. But I was hard headed and didn't listen. All though I have not drank any kind of alcohol what so ever in over 24 years. Still haven't kicked the smokes yet.

mclovin
11-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Will Power what's that Chuck?,I have none.. lol Zyban was how I quite,I went from smoking cig to pipes,to cigars to sniffing snuff to nicorette! I had to go back to snuff to get off the nicorette lol,went to my DR telling him I wanted to quite and he told me that everyone needs a friend "WTF" Finally he gave me zyban and it worked, in fact it was so easy I thought I should start up again cause it was that easy lol but didn't thank god.
Had a young fellow hunting with us this year and he said he was paying up to 21 dollars for a can...
Anyhow bud congrats and stick with what ever works.
Mac

chuck
11-28-2012, 08:30 PM
well just an update.....i survied vegas......and SSSSSSTILL smoke free!

murph001
11-28-2012, 11:02 PM
WTG Chuck ...i too once smoked i was up to 3 packs a day ,,when i went on the zyban and quit ..its hard but well worth it in the long run ...

chuck
12-07-2012, 12:30 AM
6 wks today. it does get easier. seems the cravings only come now after i eat or drink. but i shake them off almost instantly. folks that smoke around me is not so bothering anymore.....actually it gives me some sort of motavation or a 'feel good' attitude to finally be the one who's not smoking! lol

karry18
12-16-2012, 07:58 AM
so i qiut smokeing finally. its only been a month, but its the longest i have ever gone. i used no crutch. strictly the will power i have and really wanting to quit.
sad part is i am headed to vegas this wknd!
this could be trouble....mabey if i sneak a captain black.....or swisher sweets??
anyways whatever happens there (which i can't tell you of course..lol) i am going to continue with a smoke free lifestyle!
hoorahhh!!! and as they say......"if i can do it.....ANYONE can do it'!!

Yes u r right only can will power help in quiting smoking

rver
12-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I smoked for 52 years, I have not had one in the past two and half years just will power.
I still have a strong erg to have one quite often, before people pointed at me he smokes, now they point at me he's obese, you cant win.

chuck
12-17-2012, 12:57 AM
its true! will power is your best friend. i understand that lots of peeps use aids to help them along....but in the end it is your true inside, mentally, will power whatever you want to call it, that has the last word. when your struggling along to quit, and your useing meds or aids to help you along, and the boys all say, hey were going out for a smoke......its the will power that keeps you from going and lighting up.
everyone can quit......its just how far can one be pushed before its time to throw them away.

chuck
01-03-2013, 03:24 AM
well..just an update. 9 wks and still smoke free. don't seem to have any extra endurance or energy like i thought i might feel. food taste the same....still eat about the same amount...sleeping patterns havn't changed...really only a short time into this new lifestyle, so time will tell....what i do notice is my sense of smell. i can now tell if i am standing next to a smoker. you sure can smell it on people, especially when they come inside from just smokeing. a strong odor i never realized was so intense......no wonder i couldn't get a date!! lol

mclovin
01-03-2013, 04:51 AM
Good job bud,yes I never realized how it stinks,can't stand the smell of smoke now.