PDA

View Full Version : Limesat HD AIR WIFI card problem

fastrman
12-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Hello all. I just received my HD AIR and I have it up and working. However when I tried to install the WIFI card it acted like a short to ground, killing power to the box when I plugged in the power cord from the Motherboard of the box to the WIFI circuit board. When I disconnected it the box works great. Has anyone else had this issue or is there a step I have not done to get the WIFI board to work? I installed in properly and even tested it uninstalled and just plugging it into the MB to verify that the issue is the WIFI card.

Any help would be appreciated.

ICEMAN
12-19-2012, 04:10 PM
here you go bud hope this helps you

http://phoenix.satfix.net/showthread.php?125071-Limesat-HD-Air-Wifi-install-guide-amp-set-up

fastrman
12-20-2012, 01:58 PM
It is helpful but that was provided in the box. I followed it to a T. When I plug the power cord into the wifi board it shorts out the unit. I have RMA'D the board and I am waiting for a new one. Is there more than one power connector available on the board ?

scsa1000
06-11-2013, 12:05 AM
I know this is about a few months or more old but Fastrman did you find out how to fix it. I am in the same problem as you are.

Anubis
06-11-2013, 12:08 AM
As he posted, he returned it for a new one. As I mentioned before I would return it as defective and get a replacement then follow set up instructions for it posted above.

scsa1000
06-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Thanks Annubis I will try they of course have a stupid rule on it saying only defective products they will send a new one. I will have to pay the shipping though never get it from ebay lol.

Anubis
06-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Thanks Annubis I will try they of course have a stupid rule on it saying only defective products they will send a new one. I will have to pay the shipping though never get it from ebay lol.
Well obviously it is defective so I wouldn't worry about that part. ;)

margrump
06-11-2013, 04:52 PM
I had(have) the same exact issue. Sent wifi board back and got a replacement but it wouldn't work either. By the time I got it back I already had box up and viewing with wired enternet connection so I just decided not to screw with success. :yeaah:

coiphim
08-01-2013, 05:41 AM
I got the exact same problem as Fastman. I Just sent mine back to the seller on Ebay today.