PDA

View Full Version : Jynxbox-hd-[media-player -errors]

no_piracy
12-25-2012, 10:01 PM
when ever i am playing ..mkv or other formats ..on this box ..via usb .... i am getting error ..audio format is not supported ... these movies are working fine on my asus-media player ... so i think coders need to fix this problem

homer_™
12-26-2012, 01:50 AM
when ever i am playing ..mkv or other formats ..on this box ..via usb .... i am getting error ..audio format is not supported ... these movies are working fine on my asus-media player ... so i think coders need to fix this problem

That's odd, because I haven't had any issues playing back various formats from a usb stick. mkv, avi, mp4 etc and Ive done it quite a bit since Ive owned my JB... Mind you I haven't tried the media player since I upgraded to 2.36 or 2.37.

no_piracy
12-26-2012, 03:53 PM
That's odd, because I haven't had any issues playing back various formats from a usb stick. mkv, avi, mp4 etc and Ive done it quite a bit since Ive owned my JB... Mind you I haven't tried the media player since I upgraded to 2.36 or 2.37.it could be with bin 2.37. .

homer_™
12-26-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm on 2.37 now and so far I have tried mpeg, mpeg2, mpeg4 and Avi. All are working perfectly... I did however have an issue playing back a file with the flv extention. It said mode not supported...
Suprisingly I don't currently have any mkv files handy to test.. I'm downloading one currently and it may take a while (it's a doozy 20 gb) I do recall mkv working on previous revisions though I will post back with the results....

The media playback is nothing like the pvr it's totaly flawless normally with full ff & rew capabilities...

Insert usb stick containing video file
enter the menu then media
select Video player
navigate to your movie
press play

bobby
12-26-2012, 09:23 PM
just tried an mkv movie and had no problem playing back using 2.37

phat
12-29-2012, 04:45 AM
It doesn't support DTS. Dolby 5.1 AC3 only.

no_piracy
12-29-2012, 01:57 PM
It doesn't support DTS. Dolby 5.1 AC3 only.yes u r right .. File i was trying to play has dts sound .. Thats why i was getting error -audio format is not supported .. Hope fully they will fix it in future
Thanks

zokii1983
12-29-2012, 06:00 PM
yup.. ran into that on most of my 3d movies

good thing about it, it that audio conversion takes only few minutes

extract audio using mkvmarge ... then convert it to AC3 format using VirtualDub or any other software of your choice
and join new audio and video using mkvmarge
process shouldn't take more then 5-10 mins