PDA

View Full Version : Jynxbox Ultra HD V2 needs a tuner card

tOr0nTo
01-03-2013, 07:26 PM
I bought a Jynxbox Ultra HD V2 without a tuner. Nothing in back of the 4 coaxial holes. Could someone who knows, please recommend what tuner to buy, to pick up northern channels especially- & explain if there's anything tricky about installing it, thanks. There's guides on here for other aspects of setting up but tuner advice is scarce. Afterwards I'll Google the model needed & go from there.

I have an SK900V rev .3 tuner card used for older boxes but the connectors are different so I assume it isn't compatible.

iq180
01-03-2013, 09:51 PM
someone did not do there homework,lol, you need a JB200 module.

tOr0nTo
01-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Thanks, I googled around & will likely get one off Ebay, from the states pretty cheap.

I bought the box cheap too, locally- don't like to mention $s here- so all's well that ends well.

iq180
01-04-2013, 01:43 PM
next time google = leesatt.tripod=,you get what you pay for.

airjam
01-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks, I googled around & will likely get one off Ebay, from the states pretty cheap.

I bought the box cheap too, locally- don't like to mention $s here- so all's well that ends well.

You should also consider getting two tuners while you are at it. Get an additional JB200 for dual sat tuners or get the ATSC tuner for free OTA channels from the CN tower and Buffalo.

tOr0nTo
01-04-2013, 09:44 PM
unless it's way better than the nfusion hd box, I found the atsc tuner in my Sony Bravia tv way better.

crazy carl
01-04-2013, 10:15 PM
unless it's way better than the nfusion hd box, I found the atsc tuner in my Sony Bravia tv way better.

to each there own brother, its just a convenient way to get channels on the jynxbox, as well as i doubt your sony gets a 4 day guide on OTA channel as well whats on the physical channels. As well the ability to record them..It's all about options brother

tOr0nTo
01-05-2013, 07:29 PM
yeah, to each their own... really, I never used the guides much since gettin in this hobby 10 years ago. I just go to zap2it.com once a day & see what's on. I can surf & watch tv at same time lol