PDA

View Full Version : New DreamLink HD Lan (Internet) Problem

r\rafa
01-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Hi all:
Two hours after setting my new Dreamlink HD, it went scramble on all channels. (Channel 101 is OK. Others boxes are OK, also). Checked the Lan connection (Internet) and noticed the yellow light is ON, but the green if OFF; Both should be on.
I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the yellow is the internet signal going into the receiver and the green is coming out for proper hand shake (communication). Open for suggestion, any help is appreciated. Thanks to ALL.

robin the hood
01-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Hi all:
Two hours after setting my new Dreamlink HD, it went scramble on all channels. (Channel 101 is OK. Others boxes are OK, also). Checked the Lan connection (Internet) and noticed the yellow light is ON, but the green if OFF; Both should be on.
I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the yellow is the internet signal going into the receiver and the green is coming out for proper hand shake (communication). Open for suggestion, any help is appreciated. Thanks to ALL.

Hi Rafa,
Do you have a private server on your DL hd, is there a connection? have you checked all connections? I believe that if 101 is working the box is ok, did the box pick up the ip address? if the other boxes are working I'm guessing that you have an ip address, check it out on the DL.
RTH.

r\rafa
01-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Thank you, Robin, I have a private server on my DL hd, But I can not found Network now. I think it was located on menu -> configuration ->,. by having chann 101, means that my antenna setup is ok. Remember that the Network is needed to insert the code to be able to watch tv, if the lan is not working from inside the receiver (hand shake), the receiver is no good. Please, where in the menu is Network located ?? Thank you.

Hi Rafa,
Do you have a private server on your DL hd, is there a connection? have you checked all connections? I believe that if 101 is working the box is ok, did the box pick up the ip address? if the other boxes are working I'm guessing that you have an ip address, check it out on the DL.
RTH.

0ne2
01-06-2013, 01:20 AM
Menu --arrow over to Configuation---Down to network--enter--push blue button on remote ---enter 0000 --then your IP info.

r\rafa
01-06-2013, 02:13 AM
Menu --arrow over to Configuration---Down to network -----> Network is missing (not there).

Menu --arrow over to Configuation---Down to network--enter--push blue button on remote ---enter 0000 --then your IP info.

0ne2
01-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Have you loaded the latest bin file ? In Menu / Utilities / System Information /receivers settings please ?

r\rafa
01-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi, Network is not there. It is missing, it was there before, but it is no longer there. Still the same, scramble

StreetGlaide
01-06-2013, 12:13 PM
sounds like you have factory file installed, you need to load the latest file to have network in menu.

r\rafa
01-06-2013, 02:31 PM
sounds like you have factory file installed, you need to load the latest file to have network in menu.
Thanks GUYS: IT IS OK, Thanks guys.

Menu -> Configuration -> System Recovery -> Factory Set -> Bin 105 -> Bin 115 -> Installation Antenna, scan.

After that, Green light is flashing on, Network is back, tv is back and I'm ready to forget that incident. ONE MORE TIME, THANKS TO ALL.

crazy carl
01-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks GUYS: IT IS OK, Thanks guys.

Menu -> Configuration -> System Recovery -> Factory Set -> Bin 105 -> Bin 115 -> Installation Antenna, scan.

After that, Green light is flashing on, Network is back, tv is back and I'm ready to forget that incident. ONE MORE TIME, THANKS TO ALL.

116 is the latest and most stable bin for the DL, just reminding you, it is your choice of course but word on the street is it is the most stable file since 1.10

r\rafa
01-06-2013, 10:21 PM
116 is the latest and most stable bin for the DL, just reminding you, it is your choice of course but word on the street is it is the most stable file since 1.10
Thanks Crazy Carl; I will loaded it as soon as my first recorded movie ends. Thanks for the info.