PDA

View Full Version : Connection failed

johnnydee
01-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Here is the situation keeping in mind system worked fine in Canada. Brought unit from Canada to Florida. keep getting Con Failed. All info seems correct. The ip on my list is the one from Canada. Sh I change from dhcp to stat and change the ip according to my laptop now in Florida. Would that be the reason for Con failed?Also back home I was on a internet tower. Now on a cable internet and have attached a router to use with my sat. Does that make a difference going thru a cable company?

62bug
01-08-2013, 06:18 PM
con failed usualy has to do with your setup not the provider of your internet
chect that your wires are proper and that you can connect somthing else to the net.

mrpink
01-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Here is the situation keeping in mind system worked fine in Canada. Brought unit from Canada to Florida. keep getting Con Failed. All info seems correct. The ip on my list is the one from Canada. Sh I change from dhcp to stat and change the ip according to my laptop now in Florida. Would that be the reason for Con failed?Also back home I was on a internet tower. Now on a cable internet and have attached a router to use with my sat. Does that make a difference going thru a cable company?
Are you referring to the ip that was given to you by the reseller? Never a need to change that unless the seller has told you to.
Are you able to connect to the net in your new place? How are you connecting the box hardwired to the router, is it through a dongle, is it through your notebook?
Are you sure your sub is still active?

Terryl
01-08-2013, 06:33 PM
One other possible problem.

If you are trying to get Bell satellite service in Florida, it wont work.

The new satellites that Bell put up don't cover Florida anymore........No way around that.

But if your trying for Dish satellites then ignore this post.

Terryl
01-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Are you referring to the ip that was given to you by the reseller? Never a need to change that unless the seller has told you to.
Are you able to connect to the net in your new place? How are you connecting the box hardwired to the router, is it through a dongle, is it through your notebook?
Are you sure your sub is still active?

One other thing to check is if you can "ping" the servers IP addres you were given, if you can ping it, you should be able to reach it.