PDA

View Full Version : thinking about purchasing this box

feedjake
01-08-2013, 10:18 PM
thinking about purchasing a new box would like all feed back on this box thanks Jake

Nostradamus
01-08-2013, 10:22 PM
all kinds of feedback in jynxbox section right from day 1 to present

psycon
01-09-2013, 05:24 AM
how about i reword the original post so as not to get a smartass response.. Would any current jynxbox owners recommend getting this box, do you regret buying this box, and are there any flaws or features you wish were fixed and if so what are they.

DrWhoFan
01-09-2013, 05:30 AM
I too would like to know more about the jynxbox. Is it FTA/IKS capable? How would it compare to a jailbroken Apple TV box?

nrules387
01-09-2013, 07:08 AM
It is FTA compatable, and The Jynxbox Ultra HD isn't comparable to the Apple tv, because it isn't the same thing at all. The Android HD however is comparable...

Anyways, I would recommend this box, good support and a lot of new updates for it.
The PVR is very glitchy at this point, but playback of your (non PVR recorded) movies, and music works perfect.

The picture is great, and the box is very reasonably priced

hopefully in the future the Jynxbox team fixes the PVR problems, then it would forsure be the best box on the market.

One thing to rememeber though, make sure you buy the tuner card for it, weather your dealer installs it for you, or you have to do it your self. Without it you will not be able to watch sateliite, or OTA channels.

Inavodap
01-11-2013, 01:00 AM
how about i reword the original post so as not to get a smartass response.. Would any current jynxbox owners recommend getting this box, do you regret buying this box, and are there any flaws or features you wish were fixed and if so what are they.

I have been testing the Jynxbox Ultra HD for six days. I t is equipped with both a JB200 and DVBS-2 tuners. The DVBS-2 tuner is in slot number 1 and the JB200 is in slot number 2.

My first impression when I installed the tuner is that the quality of construction is average, Korean built receivers are much better quality. Yet, there were no cold solder joints, sharp corners or any other surprises

I installed the tuners, which was a very easy operation, closed the box and went to setting it up.

The bin installed was 237. Then a factory default. Configuration was very easy. The interphase is user friendly and all went without any problems. Audio, video and other parameters were selected for my setup.

First satellite selected was AMC 21 since it has the PBS channels preferred by my daughters. Performed a blind scan and got all 15 PBS stations (FTA) and many channels from Claro TV Puerto Rico (encripted) After deleting all Claro TV channels I experimented with the audio and video parameters for the channels. AUdio quality (via HDMI) was superb. The video at first was not outstanding, but after matching the box and the TV set the video is just spectacular. HD channels have such clarity that it is unbelievable. The video is much better tan in my Azbox Bravoo+ and Openbox S10. Remember, all these channels are DVBS-2. So as a pure FTA box I will rate it outstanding. The uruguayan DVBS-2 channels on Hispasat also show excellent video and audio qualities.

Testing performance with **** using the JB200 was a little more difficult. My setup was with a single input to tuner DVBS-2 and a jumper from output on tuner DVBS-2 to input on tuner JB200. Later the connection had to be inverted in order to have both tuners active. I now have input to tuner JB200 in slot 2 and a jumper from output of JB200 to input on DVBS-2 tuner in slot 1.

119 scans over 500 channels and 110 over 600. With donation from NFPS all channels open up very fast. There has been absolutely no freezing. The video quality is superb. Just make sure you match the output of the box to the input of your TV set or monitor.

Video quality is also very good with an old fashioned video connection, so is the audio, but for really outstanding video you should use an HDMI connection.

This is a very good box. Video and audio are similar or better than what I get from iLink 9600 HD, Viewsat 9000HD and Sonicview 8000HD. As far as picture and audio quality is concerned it is level or above any receiver I have tested.

But...... it is not perfect. Unfortunately it can not display closed captions. The remote button labelled as closed caption does absolutely nothing. So far I have not been able to obtain the channel guide.

Even with the two tuners the unit does not overheat. It runs warm, warmer than both SV and VS, but cooler than my iLink 9600HD.

Hopefully a future update should fix the closed caption problem.

I will keep testing this box and inform on the results.

One thing that is very interesting is the fact that there is no other receiver in the American market that can do both DVBS-2 and Turbo 8PSK.

For me, this is the best box I have ever tested.

dave s
01-11-2013, 05:34 PM
i would recommend a jynx. standard def. could be better but then again it is a hd unit.could be a bit faster when going to the guide.and when you look at the info it could be a bigger window instead of having to scroll down all the time. and it looks spectacular on 1080p/60.it is still a work in progress but that is why i think it is the best box out there. just my opinion

johnnykhanh
01-11-2013, 09:46 PM
i has dreamlink hd and jynxbox hd.The picture of DL bester than jynxbox.
That i see on my receivers.

geosat
01-12-2013, 03:51 AM
Do I really need tuner DVBS-2 if I am not interested in watching local channels?

nick tran
01-12-2013, 04:19 AM
Do I really need tuner DVBS-2 if I am not interested in watching local channels?
no you don't, all you need jb200

DrWhoFan
01-15-2013, 01:29 AM
So there is no channel guide? Is there a public server or do we have to risk a p$ for UFCs? (don't care about PPV)

Anubis
01-15-2013, 02:43 PM
So there is no channel guide? Is there a public server or do we have to risk a p$ for UFCs? (don't care about PPV)

Yes there is a guide.
No there is no public server.
Yes you need a P$ for UFC.

DrWhoFan
01-17-2013, 03:00 PM
No public server? Thanks....next.

psycon
01-17-2013, 08:03 PM
No public server? Thanks....next.

so you are basing your purchase of a box based on if it has a public server or not....... ok buy a next, which doesnt have HD, and is abotu the same price..... or buy a, wait thats it for public servers... even wen ilink had public, which it now does not, after you bought an sk900 you are well invested in over $300, thats over a hundred more than this box (with hd tuner included), rockets or nfps cost less than half that amount.....

TKO
01-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Tested the Jynx for 2 weeks. I might have gotten a defective one but it doesn't stay on for more than 20 minutes. It would lock up. When it's on, the picture is great and it worked fine. I tried a lot of solutions from the seller and did not work. They said to RMA it from the manufacturer. I decided to just return it. I have a SV8000, I agree with the others, the build quality does not look above par compared to the other boxes.

AeonFlux
01-20-2013, 01:00 AM
If you are a tester and you don't mind messing with bins and the number of software issues Jynx still has, then buy a Jynx. It sure is priced less than a number of SD boxes that I paid for. On the other hand, DO NOT buy this box and then get on the site and cry and whinge about all the problems that it obviously has if you do some reading. I personally like the testing so it isn't a problem to me, but that being said you better think about it.

You might well consider the Dreamlink if you are not a tester and you just want something with software that is working right now. Please understand me, I am not trying to push the the Dreamlink here in the Jynxbox thread. Only you know what your testing tolerance is.

Terryl
01-30-2013, 05:56 PM

How about re-wording your post as to not pay disrespect to our staff, or you will find your self standing outside the forum for a few weeks wishing you were able to get back in.