PDA

View Full Version : Khub red

mustangkate
01-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Hi, my dad went to florida and brought his receiver with him. It worked fine for a few days and then the hub went red. It now says scrambled channel. It's version 5 . I got him to do a factory reset, re-scan everything and re-input the server information, push the connect button on the server set up page. It says the server is connected but still no green light. I've had him reboot the receiver from the back. The hub is hard wired to the router. So I had him reboot the modem first, then the router still nothing. I had him unplug everything including the coaxal cable overnight and plug it back in. Still nothing. There is power to the hub from the ethernet cable. I've now sent him the factory file, and the Ps104....303 file. Going to try that next. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a loss on how else to help him get up and going again. (btw) I also tried his rocket info in my Kbox and it worked fine.
Thank you.

KIDWCKED
01-12-2013, 07:04 PM
To reset all devices on your network, power off your modem and /or router, K-HUB and K-BOX for at least 5 minutes. Then power on all the devices one-by-one.Check that the network cable from your router is in good shape by connecting to a laptop or desktop computer to make sure there is a connection.

mustangkate
01-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks for replying ...I'll get him to do the reset in the order you provided and check the network cable. I'll let you know if it worked.

mustangkate
01-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Ok...tried it all...still red. The network cable is fine also. Going to try reloading the factory and Ps104....303 file. Any other suggestions?

KIDWCKED
01-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Ok...tried it all...still red. The network cable is fine also. Going to try reloading the factory and Ps104....303 file. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried hard wired from the modem(bypass the router)...Could be a compatibilty issue..

mustangkate
01-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Ok...tried that...still red light. Funny it was working a few days ago and just stopped. I thought may be the router too. I'll keep trying stuff...and let you know. If you come up with anything else it would be greatly appreciated. (it's tuff...my dad is in Florida and I am in Canada...he's 74 and we are doing this over the phone. What takes me a few minutes to try takes him...FOREVER...lol.
Thanks again for your help) OH.. .btw..I got him to disable the fire wall in the router too. Still nothing.

KIDWCKED
01-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Ok...tried that...still red light. Funny it was working a few days ago and just stopped. I thought may be the router too. I'll keep trying stuff...and let you know. If you come up with anything else it would be greatly appreciated. (it's tuff...my dad is in Florida and I am in Canada...he's 74 and we are doing this over the phone. What takes me a few minutes to try takes him...FOREVER...lol.
Thanks again for your help) OH.. .btw..I got him to disable the fire wall in the router too. Still nothing.

Lol..That sounds tough....In network settings is your fathers recvr set to DHCP or Static??

mustangkate
01-12-2013, 09:59 PM
DHCP I checked and double check his settings against mine. All of them look fine. Another thing...When I got him to go into server setup...and use the connect button, it says server is connected. When he goes back to the receiver the hub is red. And yes, lol he turned the receiver on...I don't know...may just be a bad hub.

JCO
01-12-2013, 10:15 PM
DHCP I checked and double check his settings against mine. All of them look fine. Another thing...When I got him to go into server setup...and use the connect button, it says server is connected. When he goes back to the receiver the hub is red. And yes, lol he turned the receiver on...I don't know...may just be a bad hub.

Is the hub properly inserted...

KIDWCKED
01-12-2013, 10:17 PM
DHCP I checked and double check his settings against mine. All of them look fine.

Maybe try static??If a proper fac reset was done-the fac file and 104 loaded and you saved all your changes.
Power OFF the receiver with the remote control, and then power on the receiver with the remote control and wait up to 5 minutes.Recommended decent routers are D-Link,Linksys netgear and some others...

mustangkate
01-12-2013, 10:28 PM
I've sent him the proper files...I think he's getting tired. I'll walk him through and see what happens tomorrow. Thank you for all your help. I will write back tomorrow with anything.
Really appreciated!!

mustangkate
01-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Maybe try static??If a proper fac reset was done-the fac file and 104 loaded and you saved all your changes.
Power OFF the receiver with the remote control, and then power on the receiver with the remote control and wait up to 5 minutes.Recommended decent routers are D-Link,Linksys netgear and some others...

He has a Linksys

mustangkate
01-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Is the hub properly inserted...

yes..he's has the box for over a year...worked fine, went to USA and it worked for 2 days, then poof. It's inserted properly and it is not loose. Thanks though..:-)

KIDWCKED
01-12-2013, 10:56 PM
yes..he's has the box for over a year...worked fine, went to USA and it worked for 2 days, then poof. It's inserted properly and it is not loose. Thanks though..:-)

I am running out of ideas..Maybe his isp is blocking???Try pinging the server...

mustangkate
01-12-2013, 11:39 PM
I am running out of ideas..Maybe his isp is blocking???Try pinging the server...

It's worth a shot...I will let you know tomorrow.
Thanks again

poppy
01-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Did you contact the seller or reseller to see if the codes work or did the contract run out,just a thought.

mustangkate
01-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Did you contact the seller or reseller to see if the codes work or did the contract run out,just a thought.

Hi, codes are fine, I checked them in my kbox and no problems.

poppy
01-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Did you try to re program the khub and the reciever,check and make sure the cat5 or 6 wire is good.

mustangkate
01-13-2013, 11:44 PM
Did you try to re program the khub and the reciever,check and make sure the cat5 or 6 wire is good.

We are going to try it tomorrow. I'll get him to check the network cable wire (s) again while we are at it. I will post back with what ever happens.
Thanks for your suggestions...much appreciated.

mustangkate
01-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Ok back again, tried everything we could think of...factory reset..reload factory...reload ps file..changed to static and powered off and then back on. Tried hard boot from back switch...Followed revised directions to a tee and still nothing. Says server is connected but still red light. I've read where others are having similar problems and sometimes switching to static worked for them. I'm at a loss..thank you for all your help though, I really appreciate it. Looks like it's time to find a new hub. If after reading all the posts, someone comes up with something we have not tried I'd be happy to give it a shot. I'll keep checking back and if we find a solution I will post it. Thanks again

viper
01-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Kbox Plus And Prodigy Secret Bios

c/p by neutron

Turn Off Kbox From Back Switch.

Now Press Channel + On Kbox Plus While Turning On Power From Back Switch.

Leave Channel + Button Pressed.

Now It Will Show Some Weird Display 01a6.

You Need To Have Kbox Hooked To Tv To See Screen.

You Will See First Option.

1- System Test

If You Press Ok On Remote You Can Check Flash Here.

2- Live Test

3- Video Test

4- Audio Test

5- RF Modulator Test

6- Front Panel Test

7- USB Test

8- Default Settings

With This Option If You Have Any Problems It Will Default All Settings To Factory.

On The Prodigy Is The Same Steps Only You Press Volume + Instead Of Channel + (It Might Work With Channel Plus Not Sure).

To Exit Bios Just Turn Off From Back Switch And On Again

mustangkate
01-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Kbox Plus And Prodigy Secret Bios

c/p by neutron

Turn Off Kbox From Back Switch.

Now Press Channel + On Kbox Plus While Turning On Power From Back Switch.

Leave Channel + Button Pressed.

Now It Will Show Some Weird Display 01a6.

You Need To Have Kbox Hooked To Tv To See Screen.

You Will See First Option.

1- System Test

If You Press Ok On Remote You Can Check Flash Here.

2- Live Test

3- Video Test

4- Audio Test

5- RF Modulator Test

6- Front Panel Test

7- USB Test

8- Default Settings

With This Option If You Have Any Problems It Will Default All Settings To Factory.

On The Prodigy Is The Same Steps Only You Press Volume + Instead Of Channel + (It Might Work With Channel Plus Not Sure).

To Exit Bios Just Turn Off From Back Switch And On Again

Did the test...came back with RS232 Failed...Now what?

KIDWCKED
01-17-2013, 10:44 PM
I think you need a new k-hub...No originals left...Still some clones available maybe...Check kijiji or craigs..

viper
01-17-2013, 11:33 PM
if you cant lode files from loader to box then I think its your box I tried to load files into my box coudnt get them to load I gave up on mine

KIDWCKED
01-17-2013, 11:53 PM
The op never mentioned using the loader...Or an issue with failed d-loads...The rs232 fail i'm thinking is the hub...Thats the port connecting...Not sure why it would display(server connected)With a red light...Obvouisly there isn't a connection between the hub and router..Jmo...

mustangkate
01-18-2013, 12:13 AM
The op never mentioned using the loader...Or an issue with failed d-loads...The rs232 fail i'm thinking is the hub...Thats the port connecting...Not sure why it would display(server connected)With a red light...Obvouisly there isn't a connection between the hub and router..Jmo...

Yes, you are correct..no problem loading the file(s) . Downloads and installs ... He tried a back up router too and still same problem. I wish he was here so I could check his hub with my receiver. Thanks for all the help...Looks like a new hub.

KIDWCKED
01-18-2013, 12:32 AM
After the fac set did you check his settings????Like all of them???

mustangkate
01-18-2013, 12:46 AM
After the fac set did you check his settings????Like all of them???

Ya...and switched out the DHCP and Static...just to be sure...

KIDWCKED
01-18-2013, 01:12 AM
The only setting i could think of was the standalone one regarding your situation...There are some newer dece boxes out there...That workx better...Maybe time for an upgrade...Jmo.........

viper
01-19-2013, 02:00 AM
I know its weird my hub said ver 5 had all address ip I think the file I used was for bev then I cooked it cant remember file off hand

KIDWCKED
01-19-2013, 02:06 AM
I know its weird my hub said ver 5 had all address ip I think the file I used was for bev then I cooked it cant remember file off hand

Thanx for your help...completey different issue thou...The o/p is using the 104 file....Your hub was a clone...And thats why it's fried...Anything after 104 wudda pooched it..

mustangkate
01-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Viper...the hub is an original not a clone...came with purchased box.
Kidwicked...He's going to mail the hub to me to check against my box. He is also going to buy a newer receiver down there. You are right, time for an up-grade..newer and better out there, it was just easier having the same set-up...LMAO..atleast it was. Could still be him though...and his settings..hard to really check without being there. When I get it and check it out...I will keep the thread posted to let everyone know when and if I get it going.
Thanks again...waiting now.......

KIDWCKED
01-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Viper...the hub is an original not a clone...came with purchased box.
Kidwicked...He's going to mail the hub to me to check against my box. He is also going to buy a newer receiver down there. You are right, time for an up-grade..newer and better out there, it was just easier having the same set-up...LMAO..atleast it was. Could still be him though...and his settings..hard to really check without being there. When I get it and check it out...I will keep the thread posted to let everyone know when and if I get it going.
Thanks again...waiting now.......

The newer models don't need a hub...The rcvr is hard wired to the router..Much better...Maybe have your dad take some pics of setup pages and send them too you...Just an idea...Gl...Also if your positive it's not a clone try a later file...

mustangkate
01-19-2013, 06:25 PM
The newer models don't need a hub...The rcvr is hard wired to the router..Much better...Maybe have your dad take some pics of setup pages and send them too you...Just an idea...Gl...Also if your positive it's not a clone try a later file...

Will do...thanks

mustangkate
02-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Well I received the hub today. Tried it in my box. Same problem. Must be fried. Thanks for all your help. Time for the New and Improved!

alpine
03-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Mustangkate ,I guess you didn't try this.when you put all your PS info in,save and exit.to the page "Server setup" I assume you used port1. Push the right arrow key on the remote. This will display the server then go back and press connect.