PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to donate

El Pookie
01-16-2013, 04:12 AM
I'm ready to donate but just wondering if the rocket website is up and accepting donations??

Barney Trouble
01-17-2013, 12:40 PM
I'd stay far far away from there.

whoknows
01-17-2013, 01:15 PM
I'd stay far far away from there.

Wouldn't mind reasoning behind your comment. thanks.

ranger
01-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Not positive about that comment, however a lot of thought should be given after you read all the Court Letter information on here .....

Barney Trouble
01-17-2013, 01:26 PM
News that Rocket & NFPS have been compromised (fact) would be a place to start. Add to that (rumoured) information that there is a song bird singing from within, and that would be more than enough for me to stay away.

But do as you wish. Just offering a suggestion.

kijiji
01-17-2013, 01:43 PM
I agree with the other posters and i think both rockets and nfps have a big target on their backs because they are the big players in the p$ world,and my thinking is that it might be safer to go with the smaller servers most if not all the troubles have been linked to nfps and rockets ! Just my thoughts or 2 cents worth.

Nostradamus
01-17-2013, 10:26 PM
here is a news flash! They are all targeted, if they are selling codes and sharing control words then they have a bulls eye on them.

Barney Trouble
01-18-2013, 02:28 AM
here is a news flash! They are all targeted, if they are selling codes and sharing control words then they have a bulls eye on them.

Perhaps, but they weren't all compromised.

KIDWCKED
01-18-2013, 02:36 AM
Perhaps, but they weren't all compromised.

Too true...

kijiji
01-18-2013, 03:48 PM

No chit but all of the re sellers that have been busted seem to be nfps / rockets sellers and like any law enforcement take down they always go after the big top dog and that was the point i was trying to make nfps / rockets are the biggest to go after and there fore they have the largest target on their back and now that their data base has been hacked who in their right mind would trust them ?.

dishuser
01-18-2013, 03:55 PM
No chit but all of the re sellers that have been busted seem to be nfps / rockets sellers and like any law enforcement take down they always go after the big top dog and that was the point i was trying to make nfps / rockets are the biggest to go after and there fore they have the largest target on their back and now that their data base has been hacked who in their right mind would trust them ?.
resellers?
who besides wuf?
and several other servers have been hacked
they either don't know or ain't telling

kijiji
01-18-2013, 04:04 PM
bigevil69 from the rockets home site and he was also a mod with wuf there too DU.

dishuser
01-18-2013, 04:07 PM
bigevil69 from the rockets home site and he was also a mod with wuf there too DU.

good to know
first I've read of it

kijiji
01-18-2013, 04:15 PM
They were both friends as well DU.

DrWhoFan
01-18-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm ready to donate but just wondering if the rocket website is up and accepting donations??

Can your donation payment method be traced back to you? If the answer is yes than you are NOT safe.

kijiji
01-18-2013, 05:11 PM
well there was a re sellers not so long ago that gave up the info on buyers.

Barney Trouble
01-18-2013, 10:18 PM
You could argue all day if it is safe or not... Simple answer is why take the chance? If you are buying a donation number, then why not look at another (UN-compromised) service? Is nfps or rocket worth the risk? I don't think so. They did a good job, but I fear that ship has sailed now.

JCO
01-18-2013, 10:21 PM
You could argue all day if it is safe or not... Simple answer is why take the chance? If you are buying a donation number, then why not look at another (UN-compromised) service? Is nfps or rocket worth the risk? I don't think so. They did a good job, but I fear that ship has sailed now.

How can you tell that any PS is safer than an other.. And things can change in the bat of an eyelash..

DrWhoFan
01-18-2013, 10:40 PM
How can you tell that any PS is safer than an other.. And things can change in the bat of an eyelash..

I agree. Any "donation" to a P$ without a completely anonymous payment method is a foolish idea. Public supported IKS box and an IPTV box seems to be the way to go.

Barney Trouble
01-18-2013, 11:34 PM

Sure things can change in a hurry, but if you were going to buy a car, would you buy the one that is already blowing black smoke, or the one that appears to be running clean?

JCO
01-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Sure things can change in a hurry, but if you were going to buy a car, would you buy the one that is already blowing black smoke, or the one that appears to be running clean?

Well a pumped up diesel always blows black smoke...LOL And i'm into diesels..

kijiji
01-19-2013, 12:01 AM

You crack me up bro that's funny.

iq180
01-19-2013, 12:23 AM

blowing smoke covers 90% of the members here and the other 10% are blowing some,,thing,LOL.

El Pookie
01-19-2013, 04:52 AM
So i guess as long as the payment method is some sort of gift card it should be fine...

kijiji
01-19-2013, 05:06 AM
So i guess as long as the payment method is some sort of gift card it should be fine...

One might choose that thought,others may not fortune cookie ?.............lol

franky932
01-27-2013, 07:08 PM
i am done with NFPS (last day yesterday)....i add a good service.....up time and ppv..........so where can i go from here......after what i read......

nfps was cheap less than $5x

ty

fputs
01-27-2013, 07:19 PM
LOL, people are still postinig questions such as "where is it safe for me to buy donations?" Might as well be asking how can I continue to buy drugs.

franky932
01-27-2013, 07:23 PM
i am done with NFPS (last day yesterday)....i add a good service.....up time and ppv..........so where can i go from here......after what i read......

nfps was cheap less than $5x

ty

can a reseller contact me..want tv today

coiphim
01-27-2013, 09:40 PM
You know the rules. Why don't you contact a reseller?

franky932
01-27-2013, 11:03 PM
You know the rules. Why don't you contact a reseller?

with the situation that is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!....is it better to go direct to the (a) server site for the donation?

ty:bawl:

fputs
01-27-2013, 11:15 PM
with the situation that is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!....is it better to go direct to the (a) server site for the donation?

ty:bawl:

Just a matter of luck

Lucia18
02-01-2013, 04:40 PM
What if I don't have credit card? How do i buy a code?

franky932
02-01-2013, 06:23 PM
some have paypall.......or western union........

torpainter
02-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Don't use paypal

Lucia18
02-01-2013, 11:56 PM
My dad has a credit card, will I get a legit code if i buy it from the website that sells them?

alex70olds
02-02-2013, 12:24 AM
My dad has a credit card, will I get a legit code if i buy it from the website that sells them?

:rolleyes: huh? :rolleyes: Really? :rolleyes: Seriously? :rolleyes: Wow! :rolleyes: :no:

Lucia18
02-02-2013, 01:55 AM
Why can't you guys give a good answer? No one's forced to answer a question you know...

torpainter
02-02-2013, 01:58 AM
Why can't you guys give a good answer? No one's forced to answer a question you know...

and if your dad gets busted? Stealing tv is illegal

papo1123
02-02-2013, 06:48 AM

yes you get the real code(s), but as a torpainter said, you gonna put you father at risk, without him even knows about donations I-k-S,
wao, try an A. Express pre paid card, they sell it on any retail pharmacy

Lucia18
02-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Thank you.

I'll buy a prepaid card. He's the one that wants it, not me haha

franky932
02-02-2013, 05:04 PM
yes you get the real code(s), but as a torpainter said, you gonna put you father at risk, without him even knows about donations I-k-S,
wao, try an A. Express pre paid card, they sell it on any retail pharmacy

never heard that someone got busted.......maybe resellers, big site/server , it cost very much money to retrace a 'suppose

client' and go at his home with court papers ....and there are hundred of thousands...............

they go at resellers..........in the court letter that i read they have busted a reseller... in the same letter they talk about the

server (that is not 100% up btw )..........but the server is still there..(he is overseas)...after almost 1 year of investigation.

if i him wrong.....someone can tell me.........np problem

have a nice day guys.

Nostradamus
02-02-2013, 05:59 PM
it doesn't cost very much to trace an IP... in fact it is free online. Having funds available is one thing DN doesn't have to worry about

lacoster7
02-02-2013, 06:13 PM
U may use paypal without being registered with paypal.
buy prepaid viza/vanilia and pay by paypal, u may use any name.
At the end of transaction Paypal ask if u want to register, say :thank u and thats it

franky932
02-02-2013, 06:50 PM
it doesn't cost very much to trace an IP... in fact it is free online. Having funds available is one thing DN doesn't have to worry about

true........but retace a IP from a server oversea? maybe i miss something here..........

CYa

skywalker999
02-04-2013, 01:17 AM
i read on another site that a new york judge ruled that an ip address is not evidence to incriminate anybody

Nostradamus
02-04-2013, 04:34 AM
I think these threads are a riot. Everyone has opinions or he said/ she said information. It all means squat. Bottom line is if it is safe to make a donation and connect to that server now. Obviously it never was safe or it wouldn't be in question now.

Are any of them safe? Who knows!

Is it dangerous to make a donation now? It always was dangerous, ask the guys with subpoenas

Would I connect to it? Hell no! but that is just my opinion

Are the other ones any safer? Again , who knows! If you consider the fact that they were not compromised yet equivalent to safer then the answer is yes!

With all the data flowing over the net and new software being developed daily who knows what anybody is able to do any more. An educated guess and I would say that none of those servers are as secure as they were 6 months ago and will probably be a lot less secure in another 6 months.

Another thing is when you refer to security you really mean keeping your butt out of a sling. There is a big difference between real web security and being able to hide illegal activity on the net. When you attempt to do those things all the cards are on the table and the gloves come off

franky932
02-04-2013, 05:10 AM
in live in i a province in Canada........remote city very far from the US...........Dish will do 4000 milles to get to me........1% chance?

Nostradamus
02-04-2013, 05:20 AM
in live in i a province in Canada........remote ciry very far from the US...........Dish will do 4000 milles to get to me........1% chance?

LOL well I am willing to bet you are no more than 500 miles from the US border as the crow flies since 90% of the people in Canada are. Regardless, you could always be the first :) but either way just because the fact you are in Canada makes you feel immune to any kind of legal action does not really make any server more secure for other people. All you have is your own opinion and it has nothing to do with safety. You need to stop and look around and see how many Cdn FTA dealers, Cdn code resellers, and Cdn server owners are left. just maybe they know something you don't.

kyzursozay
02-11-2013, 02:48 PM

Are you certain about this ? Any other info like did this mod use any other nic?, share mod duties at z site?, that nic goes back to original b site before rocket.