PDA

View Full Version : LNB settings

dominka
02-02-2013, 01:22 AM
I just got my Jynxbox ultra HD with jb200.
I installed instaled bin 237 and configured dish settings.
I have all standard dual LNB's and using sw21 switches with EMP diseqC,
Port 1 119/118 & 110
port 2 91 & 82
port 3 129
port 4 will be fo4 97.
What should be the Legacy LNB set for?
Limesat & Dreamlink HD working perfectly with the same cable
Jynxbox is loosing signal strengt on & off some transponders I can't get signal at all.
Sometimes I get HD on DN and BeV but is very iratical.
Any help would be welcome.

coolone
02-02-2013, 04:33 AM
i'm waiting for my jhd to test but I read SW21 is a big NO for it

T-ballz
03-04-2013, 06:48 PM
The SW-21 tone switch does seem to be problematic with the Jynx. I'm told multiple Lnb's and dish setups may require additional power to the lnb's that the box lacks. one can add an power inserter or a second receiver to add power...

lnb settings "OCS-DP" usually work for Dish Dual

I would consider getting rid of the SW-21 and try a 4:1 disq switch

T

AeonFlux
03-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Max output of the Jynxbox to power LNBs is 450ma. This is not usually a problem on 3 standard or DP LNBs but will not work for more than that and will not work for DPP LNBs such as on a 1000.2 dish. Also note that Jynxbox does not play well with the power inserter at all. So you will need a multi-output switch like a DP34 or DPP44. Put the power inserter onto bottom port 1 and you will have three more ports to choose from for the Jynx. Also note that some FTAs do not mind the power inserter at all and work just fine on that line.

Terryl
03-04-2013, 07:37 PM
I just got my Jynxbox ultra HD with jb200.
I installed instaled bin 237 and configured dish settings.
I have all standard dual LNB's and using sw21 switches with EMP diseqC,
Port 1 119/118 & 110
port 2 91 & 82
port 3 129
port 4 will be fo4 97.
What should be the Legacy LNB set for?
Limesat & Dreamlink HD working perfectly with the same cable
Jynxbox is loosing signal strengt on & off some transponders I can't get signal at all.
Sometimes I get HD on DN and BeV but is very iratical.
Any help would be welcome.

You can't mix standard dual LNB's, or Dish DP LNB's with legacy using a singal EMP switch, that will cause some switching problems,(like your having now) also the dual LNB's in the setup your describing look to be Dish DP twins,(two satellites to one LNB) not duals,(single satellite dual output, or legacy 13/18 volt switching per output) you can't mix Dish DP twins into any single Diseqc switch.

It will confuse the heck out of the system, as the DP twins have there own internal Diseqc switch,

An EMP switch is for a 2 satellite legacy switching (13 volt/18 volt) setup, you can't do what you want to do with only one of them.

If all LNB's were the legacy type you would need a 17 x 1 switch, the legacy switch setup uses 2 coaxes to each independent LNB, one for the vertical transponders using +13 volts DC, and one for the horizontal transponder using +18 volts DC.

Now using Dish DP dual LNB's (single satellite dual receivers) and a standard linear LNB for 97, you can get away with using an EMP 8 x 1 Diseqc switch, but your receiver has to be Diseqc 1.1 or 2.0 capable, then the switching would be.

Diseqc port # 1 = 82W.
Diseqc port # 2 = 91W.
Diseqc port # 3 = 97W.
Diseqc port # 4 = 110W.
Diseqc port # 5 = 118.8W.
Diseqc port # 6 = 119W.
Diseqc port # 7 = 129W.
Diseqc port # 8 = open.

And using SW21 switches mixed some Diseqc switches used with some receivers is unreliable and has known to cause major hair pulling.

It's best to keep things as simple as possible, and also to cut down on the systems signal loss due to too much stuff inline to the LNB's, each switch (SW21 or other type will add 6 dB of signal loss to the system.

This doesn't sound like much but every 3 dB you add cuts the RF signal voltage by 1/2, so lets say if you start with 500 mV out of the LNB, after a 3 dB drop your at 250 mV, add another 3 dB and your at 125 mV, by the time you get to your receiver (coax loss and other stuff inline) you may be at too low an RF voltage level to be any good, for that receiver that is.

Sorry...........................Too much coffee again..............................I'm rambling again aren't I...............I'll be quiet............................For a bit.

T-ballz
03-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Terryl,

If i wanted to hookup a DPP 500 lnb that is pointed at 110,119 and then add a second dish with a single lnb for 129 can i use the internal switch in the DPP 500 or do i have to run a cable to each lnb(total of 3) and switch them externaly?

T

Terryl
03-05-2013, 03:17 AM
The newer DP twins have a third "F" connection for an external LNB input, but some receivers can't power all 3 LNB's (DP twin = 2, second LNB = 3) at once, you may need a DC power inserter like the one for a DPP 44 switch.

bkr™
03-05-2013, 03:53 AM
It seems to work just fine using the DPP lnb and a DP lnb on the in port using this receiver, remember in the set up use DiSEqC port 1 for 119, DiSEqC port 2 for 110, and DiSEqC port 3 for 129.

Lowteck
03-05-2013, 04:46 AM
I understand that the Jynxbox sends the diseqc commands twice. The first is usually blocked by the switch, but it lets the second go to the lnb. When using dual lnbs it is best to follow protocol of what the internal switch uses. I would bet that if you used two diseqc switches and a sw22 switch you would have better luck.