PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting Opinions : Set Private server 1 only or set both 1 and 2

Glenn
02-07-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm trying to eliminate freezing or at least improve upon it. Some instructions say to set private servers 1 and 2 with the same values while others say the correct way is to use ps 1 and zero out all others. Does anyone know which set up is correct ? Many Thanks

torpainter
02-07-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm trying to eliminate freezing or at least improve upon it. Some instructions say to set private servers 1 and 2 with the same values while others say the correct way is to use ps 1 and zero out all others. Does anyone know which set up is correct ? Many Thanks
you should only have the server info in one slot

hutch
02-07-2013, 01:12 AM
I agree with torpainter however I do advise that you enter IP & a Domain Name in that one slot so you can alternate between the 2. It's easy to do ...once you have entered the IP or Domain simply scroll up one box & change to the other & scroll back down & enter.

Glenn
02-08-2013, 12:13 AM
I agree with torpainter however I do advise that you enter IP & a Domain Name in that one slot so you can alternate between the 2. It's easy to do ...once you have entered the IP or Domain simply scroll up one box & change to the other & scroll back down & enter.

Thanks guys. But unless I'm mistaken and I usually am, the Nanosat Premium will only allow me to populate either the IP or the domain block but not both on paid server #1. Certainly, the use of just ps #1 did improve the freezing. Freezing is pretty bad tonight though.

torpainter
02-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Thanks guys. But unless I'm mistaken and I usually am, the Nanosat Premium will only allow me to populate either the IP or the domain block but not both on paid server #1. Certainly, the use of just ps #1 did improve the freezing. Freezing is pretty bad tonight though.
what server?
have you powered off modem router and rcvr? Then power on modem ,wait,power on router wait,power on rcvr
hard wired?
checked or replaced network cable?
checked for packet loss on your isp?

www.pingtest.net

Marcella
02-08-2013, 01:34 AM
My friend's IT guy swears that the NANO tractor uses a lot more gas compared to other tractors. This could be part of the freez up problem. Wish one of the guys could measure the amount used over a period of time. They do not seem to work all that well with out freezing.. Seem to have a bad track record..

Glenn
02-08-2013, 02:27 AM
what server?
have you powered off modem router and rcvr? Then power on modem ,wait,power on router wait,power on rcvr
hard wired?
checked or replaced network cable?
checked for packet loss on your isp?

www.pingtest.net

Server is i.ikxs.bz I have always been leaving the receiver on when I reboot modem, router, and computer. I'll try that. Thank You.

torpainter
02-08-2013, 03:12 AM
My friend's IT guy swears that the NANO tractor uses a lot more gas compared to other tractors. This could be part of the freez up problem. Wish one of the guys could measure the amount used over a period of time. They do not seem to work all that well with out freezing.. Seem to have a bad track record..

my brothers premium never had issues with oscars so if its an issue its a new issue

Glenn
02-08-2013, 03:38 AM
The issue is freezing and I'm trying to imagine every possible error. I'm referring to the page that populates automatically on pressing "apply". My true IP ends in .100 but for some reason I have at .101 I think it came up when messing with the router. Can someone please explain what I might have done and if it makes any difference ? All the best, Glenn

dishuser
02-08-2013, 03:44 AM
The issue is freezing and I'm trying to imagine every possible error. I'm referring to the page that populates automatically on pressing "apply". My true IP ends in .100 but for some reason I have at .101 I think it came up when messing with the router. Can someone please explain what I might have done and if it makes any difference ? All the best, Glennit will assign a different ip that isn't being already used on your network
it can't use .100 as that would be an ip conflict

torpainter
02-08-2013, 03:47 AM
The issue is freezing and I'm trying to imagine every possible error. I'm referring to the page that populates automatically on pressing "apply". My true IP ends in .100 but for some reason I have at .101 I think it came up when messing with the router. Can someone please explain what I might have done and if it makes any difference ? All the best, Glenn

no your router will assign an ip within a range that is set by the router ,perfectly normal
did you check your timeout settings and change it to infinite?

Glenn
02-08-2013, 04:43 AM
no your router will assign an ip within a range that is set by the router ,perfectly normal
did you check your timeout settings and change it to infinite?

Thanks Torpainter. I went into d-link via the IP but couldn't find a place for timeout settings. Would you mind directing me at your convenience ? Thanks to all helpers!

torpainter
02-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks Torpainter. I went into d-link via the IP but couldn't find a place for timeout settings. Would you mind directing me at your convenience ? Thanks to all helpers!

no idea where it is on a dlink or if there is one on a dlink
all router companies have a 24/7 help line Ive used them
also did you run pingtest on your isp and check for packet loss?