PDA

View Full Version : freesat to ilink 9600 conversion

torpainter
02-10-2013, 09:22 PM
credit to leesat

Simple and easy way to convert your new Freesat 800HD to a better running i-link 9600hd.

I've done this on a new Freesat 800hd and it runs much better than the freesat bins.

Just take your new Freesat 800hd and load the latest i-link 9600 bin.

Once loaded and it reboots, it will have then menu and functionality of the i-link 9600!

It runs much better than using the Freesat bins as I always had to reboot the freesat bins here and there.....as the freesat bins are famous for locking up etc.

I have been running on the ilink 9600 bin for over a week without a glitch

Highly recommended!

I am not sure if this will work on a freesat that already has a freesat bin loaded, but if you have a new box, I would recommend using the newest ilink 9600 bin instead

Works great

Now you don't need to buy a more expensive i-link 9600, just get a freesat and load up the ilink 9600 bin

Only drawback is that the front channel display does not work with the ilink bin, but honestly it runs much better.

I hope this helps!

torpainter
02-10-2013, 09:23 PM
credit to flipside7722 for the post

Freesat HD to Ilink 9600

This are the files that i loaded to mine:

Freesat HD Virgin file the i loaded the latest file for ilink 9600 (2K120904_IS9600HD_0019_P)

Additional information I found:
Good practice is to do a factory reset after conversion. The network is corrupt and your unit is not connected. Even if you change from dhcp (if you look in settings it's probably all 0,s) to static it will not work either. After reset, networking will be fixed and you should be good. If you scanned all your Sats you will Need to do it again as the reset deleted ever

redzo
02-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Well this is interesting. I would certainly like to try it. Just wondering how does the Freesat remote work when the receiver get converted. Is it completely functional?
regards
Freesat user

torpainter
02-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Well this is interesting. I would certainly like to try it. Just wondering how does the Freesat remote work when the receiver get converted. Is it completely functional?
regards
Freesat user

I think it would have been mentioned if it did not work

junior1
02-12-2013, 12:28 AM
It works just fine and be changed back.

john1000
02-23-2013, 05:48 PM
I've tried loading virgin file over latest freesat bin but it wont load. Then I tried loading factory file which loaded alright but then virgin file still wont load. I guess Im stuck with the freesat and its hangups.