PDA

View Full Version : Openboxes What's The Differents?

SKYWARD1
02-23-2013, 07:49 PM
I see many here are using either Openbox version 9 or version 10 and now some with new version X5. I also see on fleebay versions S11, versions S12 and also versions X3 . What's the difference between all the models?

Is version 10 a 12 volt version of the s9?

I know there was lot's of info here in the past I'm lazy so I don't want to search all this data at once, as I'm looking to purchase some newer receivers in the next week or so, narrowing down which ones to get. Any suggestions in which one of Openboxes would be prefered over any other model? And why would you recommend this model over the others? Thanks!
SKYWARD1

iq180
02-23-2013, 11:21 PM
I see many here are using either Openbox version 9 or version 10 and now some with new version X5. I also see on fleebay versions S11, versions S12 and also versions X3 . What's the difference between all the models?

Is version 10 a 12 volt version of the s9?

I know there was lot's of info here in the past I'm lazy so I don't want to search all this data at once, as I'm looking to purchase some newer receivers in the next week or so, narrowing down which ones to get. Any suggestions in which one of Openboxes would be prefered over any other model? And why would you recommend this model over the others? Thanks!
SKYWARD1
from what i have found, the eyebox x5 is the best of all the open boxes, i will have one soon.

ro_54
02-24-2013, 03:05 PM
They are all the same but the support for each generation is being dropped out after some 6 month and then
another version is being released with some extra features: wifi, youtube, etc.
I do have an s9 & s16. The same manufacturer is now changing the name into x2 or x7.

zelig
02-24-2013, 06:05 PM
at least one forum site dropped their x5 section due to poor performance and support.
It was the 1st openbox to stray from the usual ali processor.

hondoharry
03-11-2013, 09:35 AM
As the OP requested, it would be nice to know the differences in each Openbox model, there are so many of them. Is there any reason to upgrade from an S-10? Is there an X- equivalent?

zelig
03-11-2013, 10:03 PM
the newer models strayed away from pure sat reception and also do youtube,so you access the net over the ethernet connection and can watch youtube videos.