PDA

View Full Version : Sat locking Question

Cassa
02-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Like some of you when I go to a satellite to scan it, sometimes depending on the Bin the satellite will not lock. I believe that a lock is when you get the blue lettering telling you the satellite number. If I do scan the bird a couple of TP's will display no channels then it starts to identify the rest of the channels.

If the sat isn't locked, does it make a difference, or, do you just miss a few channels?
(just try'n to edujamacate myself:D)

lobsterpot
02-25-2013, 06:23 PM
I think that you have to be locked on a satellite to get a good scan . dreamlink sucks in the boxes singnal finding capablitlies.

Chris_McAloney
02-25-2013, 11:36 PM
If the sat isn't locked switch the transponder cause some of the transponders will not give you a lock as they are always changing things.I know transponder 12224 usually never gives you a lock but switch it to 12239 and it locks.Even on other boxes this is the same.

Cassa
02-26-2013, 01:54 AM
Thanks Chris, I've found the same thing. I generally move the transponders until I get a lock, but, do I need to? If I start the scan on let's say 1224, it moves thru a few others then starts to acquire the channels. Does the lock really make a difference?

jazzman
02-26-2013, 02:14 AM
Some TPs are spot beams and won't show a signal if you're not where that beam is aimed at.12224 will show a lock on 110 but not on 119 as that is a spot beam on that sat. For 119 I believe it's either 12239 or 12237 where the channels come in...getting old and can't remember lol but hope this helps you to understand...

Chris_McAloney
02-26-2013, 10:07 AM
You don't have to move the transponders to get a lock as long as you know that you are actually on the right satellite.I always go through just to make sure that the signal and quality are good just to be safe.
Either way it scans the transponders for each satellite you are on when you have the settings entered in correct.

jazzman-119 is 12239 to get the lock.