PDA

View Full Version : Viewsat Ex on a ubuntu 12.4 ?

cool-vibes
03-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Are there any files to run on a ubuntu 12.4 machine, i got it working on windows but really nead it for ubuntu.

velocity9421
03-03-2013, 07:42 PM
the original emulator for the viewsats was run in linux. so it should work in ubuntu 12.4

just do a little searching

GOOGLE... viewsat emulator linux

Are there any files to run on a ubuntu 12.4 machine, i got it working on windows but really nead it for ubuntu.

jvvh5897
03-03-2013, 09:55 PM
I don't think that there was an rq-sssp client for linux. But would it be hard to develop? There is a nice router project for NF boxes that came through in the advanced section of this site, I would think it would be pretty easy to take the info for that project and change it to work with the serial data from the viewsat box, or work with the wf format if the "Ex" box supports that (I'm thinking that you are talking about the rq-sssp modded file for the vs extreme though).

kenkell1
03-04-2013, 12:13 AM
I don't think that there was an rq-sssp client for linux. But would it be hard to develop? There is a nice router project for NF boxes that came through in the advanced section of this site, I would think it would be pretty easy to take the info for that project and change it to work with the serial data from the viewsat box, or work with the wf format if the "Ex" box supports that (I'm thinking that you are talking about the rq-sssp modded file for the vs extreme though).

Rq-sssp-client-1.04 is for linux and works just fine on ubuntu,

homer_™
03-04-2013, 12:36 AM
http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?119083-rq_sssp_client_v_1-04

rq-sssp-client.x86 is going to be the one you need...

cool-vibes
03-05-2013, 01:35 AM
Rq-sssp-client-1.04 is for linux and works just fine on ubuntu,

I have tried 1.04 am get a message saying waiting on request from server, any idea what cause this?

homer_™
03-05-2013, 01:41 AM
I have tried 1.04 am get a message saying waiting on request from server, any idea what cause this?

What are your serial port settings in the config file?

I'm pretty sure you should be using coolsat protocal too even though it's a viewsat unit

cool-vibes
03-05-2013, 05:04 AM
What are your serial port settings in the config file?

I'm pretty sure you should be using coolsat protocal too even though it's a viewsat unit

Here are my serial connection

Startup wfemu v0.23mex (i386)...
Opening serial device '/dev/ttyS0' (19200,8N1)...OK
Creating PTY device...OK
Setting PTY device '/dev/pts/1' (115200,8N1)...OK
Startup complete, waiting for commands...

serial_port=/dev/pts/1

receiver_protocol=1 coolsat

I think it's wating on a respond from the reciever, ot maybe i'm missing somthing on the port setup.

kenkell1
03-05-2013, 02:52 PM
have you entered your private server info into the config file?

and you have 2 terminal boxes open right? One for wfemu and one for rq-sssp ?

cool-vibes
03-05-2013, 09:16 PM
have you entered your private server info into the config file?

and you have 2 terminal boxes open right? One for wfemu and one for rq-sssp ?

Yes to all your questions. Could it be that when ever i want to exicute a command i have to use sudo , i notice all the online instructions i have seen none of them use the sudo to exicute a command.

kenkell1
03-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Yes to all your questions. Could it be that when ever i want to exicute a command i have to use sudo , i notice all the online instructions i have seen none of them use the sudo to exicute a command.

I drag and drop wfemu into one terminal window, wait for it to execute and it will show what port you are using.
You need to make sure that the rq config files shows the same port.
I will then open a second terminal window and drag and drop my rq into it....and bam.....your tv shall work ;)

cool-vibes
03-05-2013, 09:42 PM
I drag and drop wfemu into one terminal window, wait for it to execute and it will show what port you are using.
You need to make sure that the rq config files shows the same port.
I will then open a second terminal window and drag and drop my rq into it....and bam.....your tv shall work ;)

If i drag and drop wfemu into a terminal it will not execute on it's own , i have to type ( sudo ./wfemu )in a terminal inorder to get it to exucute. That's why i am wondering if that could be what's stopping it from working.I am working from within the Home folder.

homer_™
03-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Believe it or not you don't need the wfemu for the viewsat extreme because they never had weather forcaster support... all you need to do is run the rq-sssp client program... this will work in windows too btw if this is the only reason your running lunux

I double checked and yes it is coolsat protocol

The files you need are
VIEWSAT_Xtreme_V0279.PGM FILE followed by DBPSW-071031x_SSSP.pgm.pgm

If you don't have these files loaded let me know and I'll upload them.

dale_para_bajo
03-09-2013, 03:22 AM
Homer

I was following jvvh5897 articles and found your response.

I am understanding that you are saying that for VIEWSAT_Xtreme there is a firmware capable of doing "coolsat protocol" SSSP. Can you confirm?

Please forgive me for hijacking this tread. It is a simple question. My apologies.
Do you know if there are similar firmware that can provide Similar capacity to SonicView receivers. rq_sssp compatible SSSP through serial?

homer_™
03-09-2013, 03:30 AM
Homer

I was following jvvh5897 articles and found your response.

I am understanding that you are saying that for VIEWSAT_Xtreme there is a firmware capable of doing "coolsat protocol" SSSP. Can you confirm?

Please forgive me for hijacking this tread. It is a simple question. My apologies.
Do you know if there are similar firmware that can provide Similar capacity to SonicView receivers. rq_sssp compatible SSSP through serial?

that's correct. Have a look at this guide.
http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?129363-Simple-Step-By-Step-Viewsat-Platinum-Platinum-Lite-RQ-SSSP-Client-Package&p=924765#post924765

It shows how to do it in windows, but the firmware included in the rar package will work with either linux or windows..