PDA

View Full Version : HD channels freezes & cut off

devil_inside
03-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Hi there,

I hope someone can assist me with the problem I am experiencing right now with the My ultra HD V2. I have looked in the forum and no one seems to have the same issue as I have. I bought the box a week ago with a JB200 module. Loaded the box with V237 file and everything works fine, My dish is pointed to 119-110-91- and 97. The signal is perfect and I can watch all the SD channels without a single problem, but as soon as I switch to an HD channel such the picture displays for about 10 to 20 seconds and it cuts off and I notice that the signal drops from 85% to 40% and the tv display No signal. I have tried 2 hdmi cables and 2 components even though I know that it's not what causing the problem but just to eliminate all what might be the causes. I have read that the box itself does not deliver enough power to the LNB'S but based on what I see everyone is enjoying HD picture quality without a single glitch. Now my next step was maybe to buy a new diseq or maybe run the cable directly from one LNB and bypass the diseq let'S say the 110 and see if it's going to make any changes. It's just I have a big pile of snow in the backyard :yes: and I wanna make sure that there is nothing to tweak in the settings menu before doing that. Ultimately if none of the above work, I might think that maybe it's the JB200 who is faulty, BTW I tried on both slots and same issue. Just to let you know I am using a P$ for both south and north and the hd channels are included in my pkg

Thanks all

kramer d
03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Had the same problem. The JB200 module was bad sent back to dealer new JB200 tuner fixed the problem.
Several people have had this Problem. The design of the Jynxbox is centered around cost. Very poor design
cheap parts....

devil_inside
03-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Thanks a lot Kramer, at least I know now that I was not the only one having this issue, I will go back to the dealer

AeonFlux
03-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Jynx coders haven't figured out yet that timeshift function totally screws the box up. Turn timeshift = OFF and it should cruise right along. If not, you can send back the JB200. But I sure would try the timeshift = OFF first.

velocity9421
03-07-2013, 09:42 PM
i would also drop back to bin file 233. i had a similar problem on my jynxbox with 237. i dropped back to 236 and it was a little better. i dropped back to 233 and it solved all my problems. that and also find something to elevate all four corners of your jynxbox at least one inch from the surface it's sitting on. the jynxbox sits to low to any surface it sits on. the rubber bumpers on the bottom barely elevate it causing the jynxbox to get to hot. elevate it at least one inch so it can get some cool air underneath it.

Jynx coders haven't figured out yet that timeshift function totally screws the box up. Turn timeshift = OFF and it should cruise right along. If not, you can send back the JB200. But I sure would try the timeshift = OFF first.

devil_inside
03-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Hi Aeonflux, I must be tired after an exhausting day but I don't seem to find this timeshift function anywhere, can you point to where it's located. Thanks

devil_inside
03-08-2013, 01:30 AM
I have already rolled it back to 2.33 it did not fix it, but I will definitely follow your advice. I will give you guys a heads up so it can help other people with the same issue as mine
i would also drop back to bin file 233. i had a similar problem on my jynxbox with 237. i dropped back to 236 and it was a little better. i dropped back to 233 and it solved all my problems. that and also find something to elevate all four corners of your jynxbox at least one inch from the surface it's sitting on. the jynxbox sits to low to any surface it sits on. the rubber bumpers on the bottom barely elevate it causing the jynxbox to get to hot. elevate it at least one inch so it can get some cool air underneath it.

iq180
03-08-2013, 02:01 AM
yep i have my jynx sitting on 4 water bottle caps.

Lowteck
03-08-2013, 02:30 AM
The time shift setting is found in menu under "System"- "PVR Functions". That is a good idea to do this but you also need to turn off all your servers except the one you need to use. IE - North - South. Having both on will causes the system to freeze whether you are on HD or not. Usually when the server/s try to get key word and do not receive it from either server.

devil_inside
03-08-2013, 03:21 AM
My PVR function is greyed out, cannot get into it. I think it's bcoz I am not using any external Hard driver to record. Also have 2 servers one of them is down at this moment but when they were up both, I did not have any freezing issue on SD channels. But I will keep trying all the imaginable scenarios before I give up on the JB module. Thanks guys for all of your suggestions

js2834
03-09-2013, 11:29 PM
My Jynxbox started this freeze up after 5-10 minutes of operation. After reading this thread I checked the box, was running very hot, more than most others. I took the cover off to run cooler, this did the trick for me. I'll leave it off for now and do something more permanent later. Been running flawlessly for several hours now.

bkr™
03-10-2013, 01:51 AM
My Jynxbox started this freeze up after 5-10 minutes of operation. After reading this thread I checked the box, was running very hot, more than most others. I took the cover off to run cooler, this did the trick for me. I'll leave it off for now and do something more permanent later. Been running flawlessly for several hours now.
There is something not correct if your receiver is running hot, should not be doing this. Suspect is the JB-200 module if this is a V-2 model.

js2834
03-10-2013, 12:33 PM
There is something not correct if your receiver is running hot, should not be doing this. Suspect is the JB-200 module if this is a V-2 model.
Really! I've only had it two weeks, and runs very hot. I just figured it was poor design. It is a V2 with a JB200 tuner. Any tests or advice?

velocity9421
03-10-2013, 02:21 PM
as i stated in an earlier post in this thread, do not run bin 237 and elevate your jynxbox at least one inch from the surface it's sitting on

devil_inside
03-18-2013, 03:04 AM
So, the original jb200 module was defective, I got a replacement and it's working without a single glitch

AeonFlux
03-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Jynxbox is only rated at 450ma max output to the LNBs. If you are running a 1000.2 dish then that takes 720ma average. That would be causing your JB200 to run hot. It will eventually kill the JB200. You need a power inserter for the LNB power. All the cooling in the world will not save the JB200 from early death by drawing too much power from it. Save you JB200. Install a power inserter.

devil_inside
03-18-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't have a 1000.2 dish. I am having an elliptical dish running with 82,91,97, 110, &119. I don't know if that makes any difference, but I am doing some reading about how to install the power inserter I already have the switch but I don't have the power adapter yet.

js2834
04-06-2013, 01:47 PM

My dealer had me send in the JB200 for replacement, the new one doesn't run near as hot as before and the receiver is fine now. Nice that some of these people are honest and stand behind their sales.

http://www.allstarwholesales.com/

iq180
04-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Jynxbox is only rated at 450ma max output to the LNBs. If you are running a 1000.2 dish then that takes 720ma average. That would be causing your JB200 to run hot. It will eventually kill the JB200. You need a power inserter for the LNB power. All the cooling in the world will not save the JB200 from early death by drawing too much power from it. Save you JB200. Install a power inserter.
I have found that a power inserter don't work well with the jynx box, what does work is an old DN or B3v receiver on port 1
of the dp or dpp LNBs.