PDA

View Full Version : 2 tvs

terry.50
03-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Can you connect the next fta box to two tvs. I don't care if they receive the same channel. I know with my nano I just put a splitter after the box and before the tv and had service on both. I have tried the same idea but it does not appear to work. Any ideas? thanks

riverman
03-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Connect 1 tv using Hdmi and the other using Rca cables

Terryl
03-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Your receiver needs an RF output to use the splitter idea.

If you don't have an RF output (TV channels 3 or 4) then you can use the video and audio outputs (yellow RCA jack = video, Red/White RCA jacks = audio) as Riverman mentioned, but there is one drawback to that, as the video/audio outputs can't be run more then 15 feet, not without some expensive cables.

You can get a video/audio to RF converter (TV channels 3 or 4), this can be run about a hundred feet or more.

And if your not worried about money, you can split the HDMI output of that receiver and use an HDMI to CAT5/6 converter setup, this way you can run the HDMI over a CAT5/6 cable (by it's self, not one connected to a router or switch) to the other TV set, this would give you HD with audio at both sets, that with an IR to RF remote extender you could also control the receiver from the other room.