PDA

View Full Version : TP signal quality issue question...

reggiesout
03-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi all,
I have a strange issue with my SV360P. TP12224 on 110 goes back and forth from a high signal quality to a 0 signal quality. It is the only TP that does this as the rest all remain pretty consistent. I have an NFHD that is connected to the same lnb via a multi-switch and its signal quality stays consistently high for this same TP. I rebooted the SV and reset if to see if there was something, but nothing changed. As soon as it gets warmer I will get outside and swap the connections between them to try again. Until that time, has anyone seen this and does anyone have any ideas about how to resolve it.
Thanks in advance,

It's Jafo
03-13-2013, 11:12 PM
By pass the switch and hook straight to the box. What happens ??
Confirm clean and secure connections and confirm a good ground to the dish.
Interesting issue.
Keep us updated.

:)

reggiesout
03-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Due to the cold and snow, I only managed to get out and do a quick look at my sats and saw that the multiswitch had one of the 4 outputs uncovered. Although it felt dry, I covered it up with a plastic cover and as silly as it sounds when I go to one of this TP's channels now, the quality comes in faster and stays relatively strong. Of course I still do not catch any channel, but that may be my provider. Maybe with warmer weather if wet, it'll dry out, if that was the actual issue.