PDA

View Full Version : Jynxbox v2 DP44 switch?

Mitchxps
03-31-2013, 04:25 AM
Recently purchased a Jynxbox v2 and after installing the new software and all the settings i used with my older fta equipment i cannot seem to gather any channels.During the scan everything is skipped and comes up with 0 channels found. My setup is a dish 1000 quad lnb to a dp44 switch w/power inserter. I have used this setup for many years and have not run into any trouble with other receivers. I have read somewhere that the Jynxbox doesnt play nice with the DP44 can anybody confirm this? If anybody has a JYNX running with a DP44 can you please explain your dish settings.

Terryl
03-31-2013, 06:10 AM
Some receivers (but not all) do not play well being in-line with the DPP 44 power inserter.

What switch output port are you using?

If it's on the #1 port with the power inserter then try it on the #2, 3 or 4 output of the switch and see what comes up.

Mitchxps
03-31-2013, 06:49 AM
Thx for the response . Yes I have tried on multiple ports same results . The lnbs are legacy switch is a 44 never had issues before . One thing I noticed was that the lnb settings don't have as much options as other boxes for example there's no universal setting which always worked for me in the past . Both 119 and 110 are giving me a signal using port 1 which makes no sense and there's no feature on the box that shows you if you are connected to the right settings or if there's a mismatch so it's hard to figure out what's wrong or what setting to tweak . Sry for the ramble but frustration setting in .

StanW
03-31-2013, 10:36 AM
It's unclear to me which lnbs you're using, can you describe your setup in more detail. Please post your antenna settings also.

AeonFlux
03-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Dish 1000.2 is D Pro Plus and REQUIRES a power inserter to run with a Jynxbox. Power inserter goes to port 1. Jynxbox goes to any other port. It does not play with the power inserter. If you have a sub box, then the sub box can be used as the power inserter and goes to port 1.

You must set LNB to OCS-DP and osc freq to 11250 for this to work as well as diseqc 1.0 to the correct port 1 for 119, port 2 for 110 and port 3 for 129 (assuming western arc).

iq180
03-31-2013, 12:55 PM
if you could post a picture of your LNBs and dish, that would help us to help you.

Mitchxps
03-31-2013, 04:03 PM
Sry for the vague setup i explained earlier heres a more detailed description

Dish : Dish 1000
Dual legacy lnb Dish Network 500+ Dish Pro (DP) Dual LNBF 119 DBS-118.7 FSS
Dish Network 1000+ LNB (2) DP Single LNBF 110 & 129 (HDTV)

This all ties into a DP44 with a power inserter in port #1

Heres where i go insane 110 and 119 behave the same under the same port setting !

Mitchxps
03-31-2013, 04:21 PM
These are the settings that work with my solaris

119 port 2
110 port 1 yea i know its weird

see on the side it shows that you are locked into the right sat by showing a box outside of the settings that says the sat number
on the jyx there is no such box or anyway way of knowing if you are putting the right settings in , this is where i get confused.

also in the LNB type on the solaris i have to pick : (single DPLNBF for 110) as you can see in the pic but this lnb type is not available to pick on the jynx?

iq180
03-31-2013, 04:28 PM
These are the settings that work with my solaris

119 port 2
110 port 1 yea i know its weird

see on the side it shows that you are locked into the right sat by showing a box outside of the settings that says the sat number
on the jyx there is no such box or anyway way of knowing if you are putting the right settings in , this is where i get confused.

also in the LNB type on the solaris i have to pick : (single DPLNBF for 110) as you can see in the pic but this lnb type is not available to pick on the jynx?
multi dish switch should be OCS-DP, I think and 118.7 LNB freq should be set to 10750.

Mitchxps
03-31-2013, 04:42 PM
Thx IQ but i wasnt really worried about the 118.7 as this bird is not even on my list in the jynx. Do we have to manually add birds to see them ? I also noticed that the 129 isnt there as well

Mitchxps
03-31-2013, 04:49 PM

How is this even possible? i turned off all Diseqc settings and Lnb settings and still shows signal? Huh? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

iq180
03-31-2013, 04:57 PM
the jynx box don't play well with the power inserter for the DPP 44 switch, the only way I have been able to use the 44 switch with
the jynx is to use an old dish sat receiver with power inserter to the first receiver port on the 44 switch and the jynx on the second
sat receiver port, this does work with the dish that you have, I do have that same setup that I use on my azbox and I have used it
on my jynx box.

iq180
03-31-2013, 05:01 PM

How is this even possible? i turned off all Diseqc settings and Lnb settings and still shows signal? Huh? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
because the LNB power is still on or you have another receiver hooked up and that's powering up the LNBs.
you do know that the LNB power on or off is not in that part of the menu, don't you.

iq180
03-31-2013, 05:11 PM
I have one big ? did you do a factory reset after you loaded the firmware if not the jynx want scan any CHs.

Mitchxps
03-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Thx IQ yea i forgot the LNB power is in the regular setings menu hence it still sees a signal. Ok im fine with that now . But i still only get signal on 110 and 119 only if i use port 1 . If i try port 2 i will not get any signal. Yes i did a factory reset after loading even tried using a lower firmware number. When i scan for ch i leave only fta - off and scan network - off are these correct ?

iq180
03-31-2013, 05:38 PM
Thx IQ yea i forgot the LNB power is in the regular setings menu hence it still sees a signal. Ok im fine with that now . But i still only get signal on 110 and 119 only if i use port 1 . If i try port 2 i will not get any signal. Yes i did a factory reset after loading even tried using a lower firmware number. When i scan for ch i leave only fta - off and scan network - off are these correct ?
when you say port are you talking about the receiver menu, what I am trying to say is that the jynx is not switching sats in the
44 switch, you need another receiver with the power inserter going to the first receiver coax port on the 44 switch to power the switch, you need another coax cable on the second receiver port of the 44 switch going to the jynx box then it will work.

Mitchxps
03-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Yes when i said port i meant the DiSEqc1.0 port number. I was under the impression that the power inserter gave me enough juice to power the 44 switch without a box hooked up to port 1. I currently have the jynx on port 2 . I will try this method thx.

Mitchxps
03-31-2013, 06:35 PM
Thx for the suggestions IQ but tried that method and no difference. Still only reads on port 1 of diseqc . Im stsrting to think its not a settings thing but a ****ed jb200. Any thoughts on if a bad tuner could give you the kind of results that im getting ?

iq180
03-31-2013, 06:58 PM
did you set it to OCS-DP.

Mitchxps
03-31-2013, 08:18 PM
did you set it to OCS-DP.

yes sir i did

Mitchxps
03-31-2013, 09:18 PM
Went up in the attic and changed the ports for the 44 switch . now i have it hooked up as it should be with 119 port #1, 110 port #2, 118 port # 3, 129 port#4...i put a old pansat in port 1 in line with the power inserter, at port 2 i put a viewsat 7000pvr, and port 3 i have the jynx . At jynx i still cannot lock onto sats by changing to the correct diseqc # that i mentioned above. Everything only reads a siganal on port 1. Im not gonna give up just keep trying different configs and ill put my results here in case anybody is going through the same frustration as me and would like to know what was already tried. If anybody has a suggestion i would also gladly accept.

iq180
04-01-2013, 04:40 AM
your dish settings should look like this.
satellite ==== 119.0w
tuner ===== LNB 1 (Fixed)
LNB Freq ===11250
Transponder = (1/26) 12224 V 20000
DISEqC 1.0 ==== Port 1
DISEqC 1.1 === Disable
Legacy SW ==== Off ====== if it dont work with legacy switch off try this==SW44 Dish 1.
Legacy LNB === OCS-DP
22K ====== Off
Polarity ==== Auto

Mitchxps
04-01-2013, 11:16 PM
your dish settings should look like this.
satellite ==== 119.0w
tuner ===== LNB 1 (Fixed)
LNB Freq ===11250
Transponder = (1/26) 12224 V 20000
DISEqC 1.0 ==== Port 1
DISEqC 1.1 === Disable
Legacy SW ==== Off ====== if it dont work with legacy switch off try this==SW44 Dish 1.
Legacy LNB === OCS-DP
22K ====== Off
Polarity ==== Auto

Yes i tried these settings i think i put a pic of it on post #7 of this thread but its a no go . Tried the SW44 with the Legacy SW also. I think i either have a defective 44 switch or a bad Lnb ...could also be a combination of both. Only way for me to find out is i guess i have to run a direct line without a switch and see if its a tuner prob with the receiver or if its a switching issue.

iq180
04-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Yes i tried these settings i think i put a pic of it on post #7 of this thread but its a no go . Tried the SW44 with the Legacy SW also. I think i either have a defective 44 switch or a bad Lnb ...could also be a combination of both. Only way for me to find out is i guess i have to run a direct line without a switch and see if its a tuner prob with the receiver or if its a switching issue.
yep I would say that's the next thing to try, let us know what you find.

tito2020
04-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Jb200 might be defective

Lowteck
04-06-2013, 07:48 PM
how many lines do you have going from the lnb to the 44 switch?

Terryl
04-06-2013, 09:28 PM

Do you have an SW44 switch or a DPP44 switch???

They are two different animals, you cant use the SW44 settings, or legacy switch settings for a DPP switch, the DPP 44 switch takes standard Diseqc switch settings, Diseqc # = 119, # 2 = 110, # 3 = 129 (or whatever) and # 4 can be used for a linear bird like 118 or 97W..

It has been noted by some that the the Jynxbox sometimes will not work too good when connected in-line with the switch power inserter, if this is the case then the power inserter needs to be on its own coax and run to the #1 receiver port on the switch, the other 3 receiver ports on the switch will run any receiver just fine after this is done.

AeonFlux
04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
This is really a lot simpler than it looks. 1st, look at the Solaris settings that work. That is exactly how to set up the Jynx. But if you remember, the 1st few TPs on 119 are spot beam so you hafta set the TP up a bit just like the Solaris showing 37/47 or something like that. In your 1st post you say DP44 with power inserter. So lets assume that you put that into port 1 like they say to do. Then this should work just fine on ports 2,3 or 4 but NOT on port 1 through the power inserter.

So lets say you pick port 2 for the Jynx. You 1st put the Solaris on port 2 and test that the settings all still work just fine. If that the case and you have the Jynx set up identical to the Solaris AND you cycle through the TPs until you find a working one then you should get good results. If you get bad then I would call dealer and swap out the JB200... but I would try this 1st and see does it work.

Mitchxps
04-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Do you have an SW44 switch or a DPP44 switch???

They are two different animals, you cant use the SW44 settings, or legacy switch settings for a DPP switch, the DPP 44 switch takes standard Diseqc switch settings, Diseqc # = 119, # 2 = 110, # 3 = 129 (or whatever) and # 4 can be used for a linear bird like 118 or 97W..

It has been noted by some that the the Jynxbox sometimes will not work too good when connected in-line with the switch power inserter, if this is the case then the power inserter needs to be on its own coax and run to the #1 receiver port on the switch, the other 3 receiver ports on the switch will run any receiver just fine after this is done.

I'm using a DP44 and tried all configurations .. I know of the problem with the jynx and port 1 if I'm using a power inserter ( which I am) when I have the box hooked up I can only get a signal if i put both 119 and 110 port settings set to port 1 on diseqc settings . I'm guessing the box is not able to switch to the correct lnb and is only locking on port 1 in the settings setup .

Mitchxps
04-08-2013, 11:02 PM
This is really a lot simpler than it looks. 1st, look at the Solaris settings that work. That is exactly how to set up the Jynx. But if you remember, the 1st few TPs on 119 are spot beam so you hafta set the TP up a bit just like the Solaris showing 37/47 or something like that. In your 1st post you say DP44 with power inserter. So lets assume that you put that into port 1 like they say to do. Then this should work just fine on ports 2,3 or 4 but NOT on port 1 through the power inserter.

So lets say you pick port 2 for the Jynx. You 1st put the Solaris on port 2 and test that the settings all still work just fine. If that the case and you have the Jynx set up identical to the Solaris AND you cycle through the TPs until you find a working one then you should get good results. If you get bad then I would call dealer and swap out the JB200... but I would try this 1st and see does it work.

Thanks for the suggestions but I tried this setup already but I can't duplicate the settings setup with the Solaris because the Solaris has different options to pick for lnb . ( Dpp and DP ) on the jynx I can only pick from legacy options.

Mitchxps
04-08-2013, 11:15 PM
yep I would say that's the next thing to try, let us know what you find.

Ok so tried running line directly and it looks like my 119 is acting up. So I'm going to change my setup let me know if you think this will work better. I am currently using 2 single lnb's and 1 dual lnb ,feeding to the DP44 powered on port 1 and running 3 other lines to receivers . I am going to switch to the DPPlus triple lnb and run single lines directly to the boxes without using the DP44 switch in between. I am under the impression that the DP+ has a internal switch that can be powered from the boxes and no external power needed is this true ? If so then the OCS settings will make more sense in my case it wasn't really a ( one -cable -solution ) but after changing to this new setup it will be ...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Mitchxps
04-08-2013, 11:17 PM
how many lines do you have going from the lnb to the 44 switch?

I have 4 lines running to the 44

Terryl
04-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Ok so tried running line directly and it looks like my 119 is acting up. So I'm going to change my setup let me know if you think this will work better. I am currently using 2 single lnb's and 1 dual lnb ,feeding to the DP44 powered on port 1 and running 3 other lines to receivers . I am going to switch to the DPPlus triple lnb and run single lines directly to the boxes without using the DP44 switch in between. I am under the impression that the DP+ has a internal switch that can be powered from the boxes and no external power needed is this true ? If so then the OCS settings will make more sense in my case it wasn't really a ( one -cable -solution ) but after changing to this new setup it will be ...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

No....Not true, there are only a very few FTA receivers that can power this 3 headed LNB, you still need the DPP 44 power inserter to run it, the Dish 1000 LNB takes at least 650 mA of DC current to run it right, 98% of the FTA recievers out there can only supply 500 mA at best,and running more then one receiver to try and power it will not do the job.

Anyone running this LNB without the power inserter to help it along will have power supply problems in time, how long depends on the conditions and setup of the system.

Mitchxps
04-08-2013, 11:53 PM
No....Not true, there are only a very few FTA receivers that can power this 3 headed LNB, you still need the DPP 44 power inserter to run it, the Dish 1000 LNB takes at least 650 mA of DC current to run it right, 98% of the FTA recievers out there can only supply 500 mA at best,and running more then one receiver to try and power it will not do the job.

Anyone running this LNB without the power inserter to help it along will have power supply problems in time, how long depends on the conditions and setup of the system.

Thx for the reply . So just to be clear I would still have to run a DP44 even after switching to the triple lnb? Is there any way I can avoid using the DP44 because I think the jynxbox is having trouble with it. If I run a line from port 1 of the lnb to a old D&$@ receiver and run the other 3 to fta receivers do you think this will be enough power? I know u said adding more receivers would not solve my power issue because fta boxes can't drive enough but can a single D&$@ receiver do the trick ?

Terryl
04-09-2013, 12:05 AM
No you don't need the switch, just the power inserter for the switch, it will power that LNB just fine.

And a old Dish receiver like a 301 will run the LNB just fine, but it will take up the number one line to the LNB, thus only giving you 2 lines to run the other receivers, also some (not all) FTA receivers don't like to run through the DPP power inserter, so you will still be down to two lines as the power supply will need it's own run to the #1 receiver port on the LNB.

Terryl
04-09-2013, 12:09 AM
So lets clear this up, how many receivers are you trying to run and how many LNB's do you have, and what types?

Mitchxps
04-09-2013, 12:34 AM
So lets clear this up, how many receivers are you trying to run and how many LNB's do you have, and what types?

Ok thanks for the help

Trying to run 4 receivers
I currently have this setup 18078 going into a DP44 switch with a power inserter at port 1
I cascade another DP44 to add the extra receiver which also has its own power inserter on port 1 . I disconnected the 2nd DP44 until i can get everything working so currently i have 3 receivers hooked up but my ideal setup is for 4

I thought it was a problem with the lnb so i have this lnb also
i was going to try this lnb setup so i would be running a single line to receivers without the DP44 but like you said i would still need a power inserter or a Dish receiver taking up one port on the lnb so i would still be screwed trying to get my 4 receivers running because of a lack of available ports.

Any help or ideas for a better setup would be greatly appreciated or if you think i could get it to work with the available hardware i already have that would also be a huge +

Terryl
04-09-2013, 01:47 AM
Well trying to run 4 reciever from 4 LNB's with a DP44 switch is not a problem if they are all DP type LNB's, but going to a 5th LNB is, the DPP system can't handle 4 receivers and 5 LNB's, it was never designed to do so.

The best way is to use 5 quad output standard circular polarized LNB's, then you can use 4 eight input Diseqc 2.0 switches, ( they don't make a 5 input or a 6) or a ten input legacy switch with 5 legacy LNB's.

See the problem with the DP type LNB's is the way they provide the two different polarity's, all one polarity is on the standard band from 950 MHz to 1450 MHz, the other is on a higher band from 1950 MHz to 2450 MHz, only DP compatable switches will work with these types of LNB's.

A standard or legacy LNB uses +13 volts and +18 volts to switch between the two polaritys, a legacy switch has two ports per LNB, one for the +13 volt polarity, and one for the +18 volt polarity, the switch can then handle up to 48 LNB input to up to 64 or more receivers.(commercial switch)

You need 5 LNB's to 4 receivers, EMP switches or Spaun switches can do this, 5 standard LNB's (or legacy) need two in/out ports, so you would need a Diseqc 2.0-10 x 4 legacy switch, it takes the +13 or +18 volts from the receiver and switches to the correct polarity for the satellite selected, diseqc 2.0 lets you select more then 4 satellites.

Mitchxps
04-09-2013, 02:08 AM
Well trying to run 4 reciever from 4 LNB's with a DP44 switch is not a problem if they are all DP type LNB's, but going to a 5th LNB is, the DPP system can't handle 4 receivers and 5 LNB's, it was never designed to do so.

The best way is to use 5 quad output standard circular polarized LNB's, then you can use 4 eight input Diseqc 2.0 switches, ( they don't make a 5 input or a 6) or a ten input legacy switch with 5 legacy LNB's.

See the problem with the DP type LNB's is the way they provide the two different polarity's, all one polarity is on the standard band from 950 MHz to 1450 MHz, the other is on a higher band from 1950 MHz to 2450 MHz, only DP compatable switches will work with these types of LNB's.

A standard or legacy LNB uses +13 volts and +18 volts to switch between the two polaritys, a legacy switch has two ports per LNB, one for the +13 volt polarity, and one for the +18 volt polarity, the switch can then handle up to 48 LNB input to up to 64 or more receivers.(commercial switch)

You need 5 LNB's to 4 receivers, EMP switches or Spaun switches can do this, 5 standard LNB's (or legacy) need two in/out ports, so you would need a Diseqc 2.0-10 x 4 legacy switch, it takes the +13 or +18 volts from the receiver and switches to the correct polarity for the satellite selected, diseqc 2.0 lets you select more then 4 satellites.

Thanx for the very detailed explanation. Just one last question can I use the second lnb setup I showed you with triple lnb if I only want these 3 sats? And why would I need 5 lnb's if I only want 110 119 129 ? ...

Terryl
04-09-2013, 02:15 AM
Yes you can use the 3 head LNB if you use the power inserter to run it, or you could use it a DPP44 switch if you need to run 4 receivers or more.

And I thought you wanted to get 82, 91, 110, 119 and 129?

Mitchxps
04-09-2013, 02:30 AM
Yes you can use the 3 head LNB if you use the power inserter to run it, or you could use it a DPP44 switch if you need to run 4 receivers or more.

And I thought you wanted to get 82, 91, 110, 119 and 129?

Sorry that's my fault I wasn't clear about what sats I wanted . Thanks for the help dude but it looks like if I want to use that triple lnb I'm still only going to be able to run lines for 3 additional receivers but that's ok for now I'll just stick to that because I want to do away with the DP44's this f'n jynxbox just doesn't like it and driving me insane. Again thx for the help was greatly appreciated.

xxcutive
04-13-2013, 05:27 PM
It's fine for me with DPP 44 switch and power inserter just fine.
here are my connection and same dish you have accept diffent LNB you have LNB with 118 my only for 110 119 129
119 ---- port 1
110 ---- port 2
129 ---- port 3 of the DPP 44 switch
on the side of the DPP 44 SW there is one port say go to power inserter and power inserter go to your LNB in of the receiver.

Your setting in the Jynx look fine
you dont have to set to DPP 44 in the setting.

let me know

xxcutive
04-13-2013, 05:30 PM
so what will happen to the Jynxbox with out using DPP 44 with pw inserter when you have Dish HD = Dish 1000 plus.
just say if the box get kinda hot can you use the cooling pad put underneath the receiver.

Just curious

Mitchxps
04-13-2013, 08:48 PM
here are my connection and same dish you have accept diffent LNB you have LNB with 118 my only for 110 119 129
119 ---- port 1
110 ---- port 2
on the side of the DPP 44 SW there is one port say go to power inserter and power inserter go to your LNB in of the receiver.

let me know

so i finally got time to go up on the roof and change the lnb now im using the same one as you are ( western arc 110 119 129) run this to the Dp44 . 1st output of the 44 i have a power inserter 2nd one i put the jynxbox. IN the dish settings i can only get a signal reading if i put DISEQC setting to port 2 . problem is that it will not read the sats on the correct port all sats only show signal strength (88%) when i assign them to port 2 . when i scan leaving only fta = off network search = off it skips everything and shows up no channel found . frustrated isnt even the word right now lol.

Mitchxps
04-23-2013, 03:13 AM
Just an update for anybody that followed this thread. all of the problems I thought I had with lnb's and the Dp44 was frustrating but nothing is as frustrating as finding out you had a bad tuner !!!!! FML . Swapped out tuner ( company I bought it from refused to believe it was bad and wouldn't budge on replacing it - but that's a whole different story) . After getting new tuner board Installed i hooked up the Jynxbox as suggested by numerous people by hooking it up to port 2 on the DP44 and viola everything synced up in the dish settings page . Just wanted to give a quick thank you to everybody that contributed to helping me out on my problem..and hope this mess helped someone else out . Cheers .

doublej74
05-30-2013, 04:21 AM
119 ---- port 1
110 ---- port 2

let me know

Do you mind putting a picture or diagram on your particular setup. I have the same dish, but I too am having issues with my Jynxbox V3.

dishuser
05-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Do you mind putting a picture or diagram on your particular setup. I have the same dish, but I too am having issues with my Jynxbox V3.

start at page 16
http://www.prosatellitesupply.com/pdf_files/DPP44_Switch_Installation_Guide.pdf