PDA

View Full Version : new to the c ku band

bigshaq
01-28-2010, 02:40 AM
what is the set up for the c/ku band, all i know is that you need a dish of at least 30 inches wide and need to point at AMC 4, what exacly is the procedure for getting the maximum channel?

WillDekkard
01-28-2010, 04:51 AM
30" is borderline minimum needed for Ku Band. A 36"-39" dish is recommended. You will also need a Standard Linear LNB. For a single stationary dish(1 sat), remember you will need to skew the LNB. A motor is highly recommend to get to most FTA channels possible as channels are spread across about 20 different sat positions.

For C-Band reception you will need a dish 6 feet to 12 feet across and C-Band LNB or a C/Ku Band LNB.

papitohead
01-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Depending on where you are located, you may be lucky enough to find a free dish from someone that has not used it for the last couple or more years. Many just ask for you to take it down yourself and you can have it for free. One hint is if you see a prime focus BUD somewhere and next to it you see offset dishes, chances are that they are not using it and will most likely give it away or sell very cheap. If so, make sure you take all parts including the mast. Good luck :)

bigshaq
01-28-2010, 03:59 PM
thank you very much,i will do that.

Costactc
01-28-2010, 04:04 PM
When aiming for c band a 10' dish is recommended to pull in those tough tps. As previous member mentioned, many people in the countryside will give you there big dish for free if you remove it.
Post your location and we'll see if we might hook you up.

gordonkearse
01-29-2010, 03:22 PM
A six foot dish, a combination c/ku band lnb, and a v-box (or old c-band receiver used as a positioner) is the minimum to get you everything unscrambled on c and ku band.

Of course, you'll need wire and a clear view of the eastern, southern to western sky. I'm getting 20 satellites now. If I had a better view, I'd probably be getting 25.

Happy satellite hunting!!!!

Sasquatch
01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
I agree with Costa,,,If you are planning a 6 foot,,,,I would recommend for you to get a 10 foot,,,,,the setting up is basically the same,,,and you will probably find more peopla giving out 10 footers then 6 footers out there

Once you get it,,,,don't be shy if you need help for setting up

Cheers,,