PDA

View Full Version : confussed

skywatcher3
04-08-2013, 08:44 PM
just bought a new jynxbox hd v2 with jb200 installed. after getting all my settings set up file loaded factory reset, i get no signal on any ports. i'm using a dish 1000 dp plus running stright from lnbs to receivers. no problems with current receivers on this set up. ? is ,do i need a power inverter to get signals for 110-119

tito2020
04-08-2013, 08:51 PM
As of right now I had same setup had to use single lnbf due to jynxbox not working with internal switches that's a bug they have to fix.

iq180
04-08-2013, 09:11 PM
As of right now I had same setup had to use single lnbf due to jynxbox not working with internal switches that's a bug they have to fix.
this is a bug they cant fix on the V1, V2 or V3, its not a firmware problem, its a hardware problem, the jynx don't have enough
power for the DP or DPP LNBs, and the jynx don't work well with the power inserter, this is the only option that I have used that
works good, hook an old DN receiver to the first port on the LNB, this will power up the LNB, hook the jynx to the second port.
this works.

crazy carl
04-08-2013, 09:39 PM
this is a bug they cant fix on the V1, V2 or V3, its not a firmware problem, its a hardware problem, the jynx don't have enough
power for the DP or DPP LNBs, and the jynx don't work well with the power inserter, this is the only option that I have used that
works good, hook an old DN receiver to the first port on the LNB, this will power up the LNB, hook the jynx to the second port.
this works.

hmm not knocking the jynx team but if this was a known issue with the v1 box, why not make the proper hardware adjustment for v2. Maybe users will see this hardware fix in a future release

tito2020
04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
I have a single dishpro plus lnb and works fine so I don't believe its the power.

iq180
04-08-2013, 10:39 PM
I have a single dishpro plus lnb and works fine so I don't believe its the power.
a single don't have a built in switch and its only for one sat without a motor/dish mover, look at the power it uses then
X that by 3 and you will find that adds up to more power than the jynx has then add the power draw of a switch, well you see
where I am going with this, the jynx just don't have enough power, it needs help.

cheezed
04-08-2013, 11:15 PM
I have V2 JB200 with 237 and the my run to my dish 1000.2 is approx 40ft. There are no external switches with my set-up and the only time I get signal loss is when I do a fresh sat scan with only V2 connected. I have tested DP44 power inserter, Dish Receiver and a SV8000HD all connected to Port 1 of the Dish and that will fix that problem. After I scan my sats I'll disconnect everything from port 1 except for the V2. I've been testing the V2 for a weeks now by itself on Dish 1000.2 to verify any switching issues between sats (110, 119, 129) none at all. There is a signal loss bug I have, when I scan my first sat I have to exit out of the menu and do a soft reboot (power button) to get the signal for the next sat to come up and then repeat this for the following sat.

tito2020
04-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Well the signal bug you are talking about they said has to do with hardware on the jynxbox not powering the lnb

iq180
04-08-2013, 11:45 PM
I have V2 JB200 with 237 and the my run to my dish 1000.2 is approx 40ft. There are no external switches with my set-up and the only time I get signal loss is when I do a fresh sat scan with only V2 connected. I have tested DP44 power inserter, Dish Receiver and a SV8000HD all connected to Port 1 of the Dish and that will fix that problem. After I scan my sats I'll disconnect everything from port 1 except for the V2. I've been testing the V2 for a weeks now by itself on Dish 1000.2 to verify any switching issues between sats (110, 119, 129) none at all. There is a signal loss bug I have, when I scan my first sat I have to exit out of the menu and do a soft reboot (power button) to get the signal for the next sat to come up and then repeat this for the following sat.
yep that will work until you burn out the JB200 module then you will be here crying about you got a bad module,
THE JYNXBOX IS UNDER POWERED, for the DN LNBs, and that is a fact.

skywatcher3
04-09-2013, 12:35 AM
you say hook an old dn receiver, can i use another fta box as well?

iq180
04-09-2013, 12:45 AM
most fta receiver only put out about 500 Ma and that want do it without a power inserter, you can get an old DN receiver from
a yard sale or from the flea market for about 5 usd, just look to see that it has a smart card in it.

crazy carl
04-09-2013, 12:53 AM

i do believe the nfusion HD has enough juice to perform this duty