PDA

View Full Version : Official Detroit Lions Fan Thread!

Slammer
10-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Well...they gotta be first for something! :hehe::cry:

Night Prowler
10-27-2009, 05:18 AM
This one just for you Slammer......:golf:...........

:oops:this one.......:goteam:

Slammer
10-27-2009, 05:31 AM
This one just for you Slammer.................

this one.......

OHHH!!!!

I like that!!! Thanks!

:golf::golf::golf::golf:

jtr
10-27-2009, 06:00 AM
yea,:oops: but who r the lions?;
do they play football?...lol..

im hopeing they can get some game on,it be a change..

Slammer
10-27-2009, 06:03 AM
yea,:oops: but who r the lions?;
do they play football?...lol..

im hopeing they can get some game on,it be a change..

Yeah...the league felt bad for them so they softened their schedule.

Next week they play the Bloomfield Hills School for the blind.

The Lions are 3 point underdogs...:D

jtr
10-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Rotflmfao: i spilled my beer!!......

Slammer
10-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Rotflmfao: i spilled my beer!!......

Dang.

My bad... :D

jtr
10-27-2009, 06:13 AM
Dang.

My bad... :D

its ok i got 3 more points..

Condor
10-29-2009, 07:39 PM
........and same to you Slammer may your Lions only loose after a 0-0 Overtime and a safety...hehheeeeee!!!!!!

msav
10-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah...the league felt bad for them so they softened their schedule.

Next week they play the Bloomfield Hills School for the blind.

The Lions are 3 point underdogs...:D

It was the Girls school for the blind, wasn't it...........lol

Sorry, couldn't resist.

shaker2
07-12-2010, 09:58 PM
well it is another year and we lion fans are waiting yet again for the season to start. We have reason to celebrate for the up coming year, we are 0-0 just like everyone else (you hear me cowboy fans.....lol that is to all by buds from ftatalk) We have a huge 1 draft pick.Dre' Bly is returning to Detroit. By the way how is it going Slammer, we might be able to get out of the cellar this year!!!! Well as always GO DETROIT LIONS!!!!

bigge
07-12-2010, 10:07 PM
from worst to first somewhere atleast,lol, somebody must had been bored, lol

The Cobra
09-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Well once again us Lions fans are tormented into actually believing they could win a game on the road (they are 0-21)---once again they rise up and find a way to lose. Costly penalties, stupid mistakes (Calvin Johnson), no pass rush etc etc at all the wrong times cost them the game---now when have we seen this before?
They actually played pretty decent thru this game---but once again gave up the big play or gave one away lead to their demise. True, the Bears suck---and they beat the Lions. It`s gonna be another loooong year. Get better Matt

mgb215
09-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Well the offence was worse than expected....the defense was better than expected....(they didn't go down 21 - 0 in the 1st quarter...

Only the NFL can write rule that turns an obvious catch into an incomplete pass.....the Lions were robbed

The Cobra
09-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Well the offence was worse than expected....the defense was better than expected....(they didn't go down 21 - 0 in the 1st quarter...

Only the NFL can write rule that turns an obvious catch into an incomplete pass.....the Lions were robbed

In a way you`re right pal--------but I`ll still maintain according to rule (and schwartz agrees) that it wasn`t a catch. Mental toughness is a big part of the game of football---Johnson showed none of it by not bringing the ball in and taking the hit to the ground instead he put one hand out to brace his fall leaving the ball exposed to the obvious. Great teams and great players get the benefit of controversial calls in most cases------Lions aren`t one of those teams, nor is Johnson (yet) so they`ll have to earn their right to "get calls".
and why do I scream every year for them to draft or buy an offensive line that has eluded Detroit for so many years??

Here`s why....

http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C3&Date=20100912&Category=SPORTS0101&ArtNo=9120321&Ref=AR

NUFF SAID........

starter
09-13-2010, 03:35 PM
worst call I've ever seen, that was a touchdown plain and simple. what happened to the ground can't cause a fumble, or in this case a incomplete pass, bs , ball was caught - he was down and so excited went to get up and lost control of the ball, so what, he already scored, robbery

bobkoke
09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
It's done get over it.
BTW I had C Johnson starting on my fantasy team.

The Cobra
09-13-2010, 03:53 PM
worst call I've ever seen, that was a touchdown plain and simple. what happened to the ground can't cause a fumble, or in this case a incomplete pass, bs , ball was caught - he was down and so excited went to get up and lost control of the ball, so what, he already scored, robbery

It`s a close call all right pal---and you`re making a great point. My point is that lousy teams NEVER get a judgement call-----great teams and players "earn" their calls. I`m betting anything Calvin works on tucking the ball in and taking the hit on the ground all this week-----with Schwartz on his ass every step of the way.----any takers??? LOL

The Cobra
09-26-2010, 06:51 PM
I finally figured out the problem with the Lions----they are mentally disabled !!
It`s half time in the Viking game right now and they are losing 14-10, like almost every week they are playing well enough but stupid holding calls and timely fumbles are killing them. They are 0-21 on the road now. NOW my bitch---just before the half they worked down to the Viking 15 with 14 secs left and one time out left------so they ran the clock out and kicked a field goal ????? WTF?? With 14 secs and a time out you have 2 cracks at the end zone before you kick the field goal----wonder why we`re last every year?? Decisions like this along with blind stupidity on the field seals our fate yearly. You only get so many chances at the end zone-----flubbed chances ALWAYS seem to have a way of biting you in the ass. It`s the curse of Bobby Layne I tell you all.

The Cobra
12-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Now I don`t want to put the hex on anyone here------but has anyone but me noticed that in the last 2 wks (wins) of 4 th quarter heroics that neither Dominic Raiola nor JEFF BACKUS have been called for holding? $th quarter holding calls during crucial moments of the game have always been killers for the Lions.
Looks to me that the boys have now turned the corner and have the hunger and the taste of winning. On to Miami to make the Dolphins into faux tuna. LMAO.

BTW---guess who just copped a couple tickets to last game vs the Vikes??
BYE BYE BRETT !!!!

The Cobra
01-03-2011, 02:11 PM
We`ve all said this many many many times before---wait till next year !!!

Yet this time "next year" has a certain meaning of expectancy for us Lions fans. It isn`t the fact that they won their last 4 games this year----it`s the way they won them. THEY FINISHED THE GAME !!! now when is the last time you said that about our Lions.
There is a certain swagger that goes with a winner---for the first time in years I see that in these guys. It`s confidence in themselves, their coaches and each other.
Next season is very promising to Lions fans and should be----the guys have shown they`ve learned how to win games and because of it are playing a little brash and cockey-----good, it`s about time. No more "the Lions played great today---but lost"
We can directly thank Shwartz and in my humble opinion Van Bosh for developing that winning attitude in Detroit.

Once again we`ll rise to the Honolulu Blue and the Lion`s roar will be heard around the NFL.

Beware----the Lions are for real !!!

clarkie
01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Well...they gotta be first for something! :hehe::cry:

Why does this thread NOT surprised me slammer..lmao...Glad to see our team finely pulling it together..just a few more quality picks and we will be on our way up bro..glad to see u are still in the game slammer..its been awhile bro

The Cobra
09-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Just remember you heard it here first----I`ve never been a guy that jumps on the boat when the sails are up and the wind is gusting. I`ll get on the boat while it`s still in dry dock and take my lumps.....

The Detroit Lions will finish 11-5 or 12-4 this season make the playoffs and win rnd 1 at least. Jim Schwartz will be named Coach Of The Year.

2011...and the Lions emerge with ears back and will "RESTORE THE ROAR" in the Motor City.

Quantum-Entangled
10-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Hows my Lions doing???

OH YEA.... BEST TEAM IN THE NFL!!!!!!! WoooooooHooooooo

buford
10-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Hows my Lions doing???

OH YEA.... BEST TEAM IN THE NFL!!!!!!! WoooooooHooooooo

well ..... i guess that they are now. i cant believe that my cowboys blew a 24 point lead!!! i mean .... really????????? :splat::doh:

im sure that slammers a VERY happy guy right now!!!! can't wait for his pm's!!!! :lala:

The Cobra
10-02-2011, 09:52 PM
well ..... i guess that they are now. i cant believe that my cowboys blew a 24 point lead!!! i mean .... really????????? :splat::doh:

im sure that slammers a VERY happy guy right now!!!! can't wait for his pm's!!!! :lala:
He ain`t the only one buf-----------look in your box.LOL

The Cobra
10-02-2011, 09:58 PM
RESTORE THE ROAR !!!!! Football is back in Detroit !!!!!

http://files.sharenator.com/detroit_lions_1_RE_Favorite_Football_Team-s300x450-112117-580.jpg

surfinisfun
10-02-2011, 09:59 PM
ha ha ha, Romo Romo, where for arent my Romo. Gook luck tonight dude.lol

Man that guy goes top to bottom more then......you can finish that one.lol

Don't give the big Lion's a way to come back this year.....they may and do take it.

The Cobra
10-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Jess is sorry Tony....she feels bad, real bad.......................LMAO

http://kateblogsworth.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/425_simpson_mjr_star_092007.jpg?w=545

Quantum-Entangled
10-11-2011, 03:54 AM
No $h!t, i have tears in my eyes. I dont think theres anybody on this earth who can understand how i feel right now.....yup, i have watery eyes

Bigpineguy Retired
10-11-2011, 10:40 AM
2008: 0-16

2011: 5-0 !!

Great playing last night Lions, Awesome "D" fence.....

BPG~

The Cobra
10-11-2011, 12:11 PM
That`s right BPG...a good old fashioned mauling in the Motor City.

Quantum-Entangled
10-12-2011, 06:00 PM
5-0 BABY!!! Where are those Packers? There is a Pride of Lions looking for you!!

Quantum-Entangled
11-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Oh baby!!! BIG GAME Today!!!! GO LIONS!!!!

QE

Bigpineguy Retired
12-11-2011, 09:20 PM
What an Ending to that Game!!!

BPG~

The Cobra
12-12-2011, 02:57 PM
What an Ending to that Game!!!

BPG~

What facemask???????????????? LMAO

Bigpineguy Retired
01-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Who Dat!? Who Dat Team that will Roar over dem Saints!? Da LIONS!!! I am Predicting a Huge Upset! Detroit will win by 4 points .....and cobra will split some winnings with me :tehe:

BPG~

kenkell1
01-07-2012, 04:09 PM
The Saints will be doing the roaring and will crush the LIONS. Although the lions had a good year, it is about to come to an end tonite and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Drew BREES crushes the LIONS in a big way:)

WHO DAT :)

Bigpineguy Retired
01-07-2012, 11:53 PM
It is written.....

The Cobra
01-08-2012, 12:33 AM
It is written.....

and it shall be done.................

The Cobra
01-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Who Dat!? Who Dat Team that will Roar over dem Saints!? Da LIONS!!! I am Predicting a Huge Upset! Detroit will win by 4 points .....and cobra will split some winnings with me :tehe:

BPG~

LMAO-----Well BPG.....Houston is doing their part at 8+, we also need the Wings to win by 1+ tonite

The Cobra
01-08-2012, 12:38 AM
http://tradingphrases.net/images/T/CUS1342FaithItShallBeDone.jpg

RESTORE THE ROAR !!!!!

kenkell1
01-08-2012, 04:15 AM
Ohhh what a great game. Old fashion whooping and the SAINTS have done it again .......

BLEEDING BLACK AND GOLD ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPER BOWL :)

WHO DAT

Condor
01-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Them Cubbies have a bright future..But... As I stated before.. Those Saints will go all the way.. Drew is unbelievable..They will meet the Packers again and stomp on them plus he should be MVP..

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz217/Bolivia_03/Funny%20Signs%20and%20stuff/who_dat_2-11.jpg

buford
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Them Cubbies have a bright future..But... As I stated before.. Those Saints will go all the way.. Drew is unbelievable..They will meet the Packers again and stomp on them plus he should be MVP..

wow! how many yards?????? drew was awesome. no doubt. will be an interesting game ..... packs / saints.

The Cobra
01-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Wow-------Nobody seems to have a defense anymore. Brees is simply amazing as it is......add to that when given that much time to throw the ball.

Bigpineguy Retired
01-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Overall , it was a really good game to watch...

BPG~

dirtydave
01-23-2012, 09:19 PM
If they can get a healthy running back and some linebackers this should be one of the top teams of 2012.

The Cobra
01-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Well said pal.......and maybe a little crash course in Tackling (as in the Saints wildcard game) they`ll be just fine. Actually their backers are pretty much set but that secondary is hurting bad.