PDA

View Full Version : Viewsat HD Max and XX_Client 2.2

thepro111
04-19-2013, 10:56 PM
I used to have my max connected to an xfta dongle and for a long time it worked ok. The last little while the dongle really started to p**s me off. It would lose connection(bad power supply?) at the most inappropriate time and take a year and a day to reconnect(no matter what I did)and get a picture.I heard about xx-client in this site and downloaded it. I then got a 25' null modem cable db9 F-F and connected the max to it. WOW What a difference!!!!. Not only does it not lose connection like the dongle but the channels come in very quickly when you change channels.

My only questions are these:

1.-In the server page you can place up to 8 servers there. Suppose you have 2 servers for the same company(e.i d*sh) . Does/can the program go to the second server on the page for d*sh or are you always stuck on the first one? If it does go to the second server on the list are there any specific settings you have to have?

2.-The program apparently does not take many resources(so I read). If you want to/have to use the computer while xx-client is running is there anything(s) you should not do?

These questions are for the gurus of xx-client. LOL Thanks in advance for any and all help........:D

yappapi
04-20-2013, 04:20 AM
i highly advise finding and down loading xx-client .880(if you don't already have it)
that is the latest and by far the best.
also i have read you can run same ps..with diff user/pass ect..
even same port and so on.
just remove the "#" from in front of each line of info.
whenever you have a server freeze it will fail over to next line as long as the "#" is not in front of your info.
if you have anything faster than dialup you can use your pc and 3-4-5 and so on example's of client with no ill effects.
you can have as many xx-clients running as you have com ports.
you can use usb to serial adapters to add more ports.
my information comes from reading post by "the goofather"...the maker/modifier of this program.

thepro111
04-20-2013, 06:34 AM
Thanks Yappapi. I actually will be using version 2.3.67.880 tommorrow as I just updated to it. Comparing xx-client to an xfta dongle is like comparing a model- t to a late model Lincoln. LOL Quite impressed with it. It's very easy to configure too. Friday was the first day in about a week that I had tv all day. The bloody dongle started to diconnect from the server and it took a very long time to reconnect. This always happened at the most inopportune times. Thanks for your ideas......

got2bme
04-20-2013, 11:53 AM
In the config file there is a setting to tell how many times you want xx-client to try a server before going to the next server.

C&P
# Number of attempts before connecting to a new server. Setting to '0' will
# make the client try the next server after first failure.
server_retries=1