PDA

View Full Version : Loading Transponder or Channel file ?

Mavrick
05-11-2013, 03:59 AM
How do you load a Transponder/Channel file on an Nfusion HD. Do you load it like you would a SW file?

Lowteck
05-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Yes you can load a Transponder/Channel file through the USB port, but I must caution that you can cause problems that are hard to correct, unless you know your receiver settings well. What you do is transfer the particular setup of the person who did the scanning. There is a Channel Editor file for the Nfusion HD. Be sure you get the correct one. Then you can download your channel file and edit it on your computer. What I use it for is to change the names of the channels, and update the satellite names. I also take the time to put the channel number of the SD channels that I know that work into the name like this "105 USA", then I find the HD channel and also put the same channel number like this "105 USA HD". Then when I am finished I put it back into the receiver. Each time I turn on the receiver, I pull up the guide and I sort "F5" one time. It will put the channel nunbers together and all channels not numbered will be very high in the sort but the two "105" channes or any that are changed as such will be together where when I want the HD 105 I just punch up 105, then I wait until it comes on and then hit the channel up and the HD channel comes on. Note: If the names are not Identical except for the added HD the sort may put the HD channel below instead of above. This really makes using the HD channels very easy, especially if you know the SD channels.

Hope this helps you!

Glatt
05-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Just use the web- loader!

AeonFlux
05-12-2013, 12:01 PM
What Channel editor for the 27f file? I found a whole series on various web sites. Newest one I found was 3.015.

Webloader work? I used to love the webloader on the SD models.

Lowteck
05-12-2013, 03:03 PM
This is the latest version of the Channel Editor for the HD unit. Note: is only for the HD unit!

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?119129-nFusion-Loader-v131

AeonFlux
05-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Cross site referenced link leads to another site! Can't go there. Also it leads to a loader, not a channel editor.

??????

I sent the mods a post to fix it.

Anyway, I went hunting the sites for the newest file I could find. it was labeled 3.0.15 and the Readme starts out like this:

v 3.0.15

1. Fixed VPID problem when adding channels.

OK, went searching all over the web and found 3.0.2.0 and 3.0.3.0. Those were both total flops. I read the bigslim channel file with them and that they both did well. But when I tried to save it back ARRRRR!!! No worky. 3.015 is all that totally works. If anyone has a newer one that actually works, please post it.

============================================
v 3.0.14

1. Improved channel import/export to handle multiple providers.
==============================================

and more......

It was the newest file I found at all these sites. The post said it was for the HD only.

AeonFlux
05-12-2013, 08:36 PM
OK. I went web walk-about and searched for the latest and greatest NFusion Channel Editor.

3.015 works just fine but both 3.02 and 3.03 NOT WORKY when go to save the file. I get BLANK CHANNEL error????

bigslim
05-13-2013, 01:47 AM
this is the one i use....works fine

AeonFlux
05-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks. I will give that a looksee.

OOPs. Bigslim, the rar file is missing the application files and will not install.

Can you say what release it is?

Lowteck
05-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Sorry for the wrong link. The version I am using is 3.0.12. It works great for me, so if you have 3.0.15 and it works for you, then stick with it. The channel editor was a work in progress just like the work that is being done here to replace NOI with software on the routers. The volunteer on the project stopped when the support site shut down. Just maybe he may find his way here.

AeonFlux
05-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Lowteck,

How do you scan? My thought would be to:
1. Do factory default to reset the channel lists.
2. Set up 119 LNB / Switch and set network to ON to be sure you get all the TPs.
3. Scan 119 w/ auto scan.
4. Repeat for 110.
5. Repeat for 129.

That should get all the channels.

Now use webloader to upload the channel file to edit.
Edit the channel names and such.
Once you get the names all the way you want them, save a CSV file of those names for import next scan.
Use webloader to send the edited file back to the NF HD.

Wallah!