PDA

View Full Version : Using Dish 1000.4 western Arc

zorrogrande
05-14-2013, 08:15 PM
My question is I'm subscribed to Dish network and have a hooper with two joeys connected to it. The dp plus dish can handle three receivers, the Hooper uses two so I have the dream link connected directly to the third connecter in dish in order to get pay per view movies. I have read that this dish needs an extra power source, but is the Hooper able to give that extra power to it? I thought it would work but I can't scan any satellite 119,110, or 129. should this set-up work or I need to set it up differently. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

dishuser
05-14-2013, 08:29 PM
post your settings

zorrogrande
05-14-2013, 08:49 PM
post your settings

for 119
lnb power ON, lnb type OCS-DP, lnb frequency 11250, lnb 22kh2 OFF, diseqc sw 1.0 to 1, diseqc sw1.1 OFF, legacy sw OFF

same except diseqc sw 1.0 to 2

same except diseqc sw 1.0 to 3

under manual scan: tranmission set to TURBO 8PSK

under Option : renumbering by SID set to ON, beep on scan OFF, auto ch/tp set to ON, renumbering local set to OFF, mode set to NETWORK

dishuser
05-14-2013, 08:51 PM
when you go to dish settings does it show the sat in top right corner?

BanHammer
05-14-2013, 08:54 PM
for 119
lnb power ON, lnb type OCS-DP, lnb frequency 11250, lnb 22kh2 OFF, diseqc sw 1.0 to 1, diseqc sw1.1 OFF, legacy sw OFF

same except diseqc sw 1.0 to 2

same except diseqc sw 1.0 to 3

under manual scan: tranmission set to TURBO 8PSK

under Option : renumbering by SID set to ON, beep on scan OFF, auto ch/tp set to ON, renumbering local set to OFF, mode set to NETWORK

there's your issue. if you've gone and set every transponder to Turbo 8PSK, you've got to factory reset the receiver to fix what you've messed up.

don't change any transponder settings. just set the switch positions and scan

StanW
05-14-2013, 09:38 PM
118 lnb freq should be 10750.

zorrogrande
05-14-2013, 10:07 PM
when you go to dish settings does it show the sat in top right corner?

no I don't see the any sat on right corner, and is it normal that the S and Q signal bars are Blue but then they turn RED but showing same % which is 97% for both S and Q.

zorrogrande
05-14-2013, 10:08 PM
there's your issue. if you've gone and set every transponder to Turbo 8PSK, you've got to factory reset the receiver to fix what you've messed up.

don't change any transponder settings. just set the switch positions and scan

Ok did factory reset but no channels scan in any of the sat.

zorrogrande
05-14-2013, 10:10 PM
118 lnb freq should be 10750.

sorry it is sat 110 not 118. I edit the post.

Terryl
05-14-2013, 10:19 PM
My question is I'm subscribed to Dish network and have a hooper with two joeys connected to it. The dp plus dish can handle three receivers, the Hooper uses two so I have the dream link connected directly to the third connecter in dish in order to get pay per view movies. I have read that this dish needs an extra power source, but is the Hooper able to give that extra power to it? I thought it would work but I can't scan any satellite 119,110, or 129. should this set-up work or I need to set it up differently. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

The Hopper/Joey system is not compatible with some FTA receivers, this is due to how they deliver the satellites from the node/switch to the Dish receivers. (3 different bands, different then most FTA setups using DP or DPP LNB's)

If you did get the receiver to work then the #1 Dish receiver will power the whole system just fine as it has the node/switch power supply in front of it.

It would be better to use another dish and LNB setup for the FTA receiver.(it would save some hair pulling)(also the node is connected to the internet, it may tell someone back in engineering that there is something other then a dish receiver attached to the system)(I wouldn't but it past the tricky little dingbats)

zorrogrande
05-14-2013, 10:28 PM
The Hopper/Joey system is not compatible with some FTA receivers, this is due to how they deliver the satellites from the node/switch to the Dish receivers. (3 different bands, different then most FTA setups using DP or DPP LNB's)

If you did get the receiver to work then the #1 Dish receiver will power the whole system just fine as it has the node/switch power supply in front of it.

It would be better to use another dish and LNB setup for the FTA receiver.(it would save some hair pulling)(also the node is connected to the internet, it may tell someone back in engineering that there is something other then a dish receiver attached to the system)(I wouldn't but it past the tricky little dingbats)

the fta receiver is connected directly to dish on the third port that it has not the node, and I'm not connected to internet.

Terryl
05-14-2013, 10:39 PM
If connected directly to the #3 port on the LNB then use Diseqc port #1 for 119, Diseqc port #2 for 110, and Diseqc port #3 for 129, OCS-DP is the correct setting for that LNB, use TP 12457R to check for a signal on 119 (it has one open channel on it, the dish 101 channel), and TP 12516 for 129.

This however will disable the full Joey/Hopper setup, the dish needs all 3 ports to be connected to the node/switch to work, otherwise it will be missing a satellite.

And to fully enable your Joey/Hopper system it will need an internet connection.

And the node/switch may be affecting the #3 output, it can tell the LNB what to output on that port.

zorrogrande
05-14-2013, 10:56 PM
If connected directly to the #3 port on the LNB then use Diseqc port #1 for 119, Diseqc port #2 for 110, and Diseqc port #3 for 129, OCS-DP is the correct setting for that LNB, use TP 12457R to check for a signal on 119 (it has one open channel on it, the dish 101 channel), and TP 12516 for 129.

This however will disable the full Joey/Hopper setup, the dish needs all 3 ports to be connected to the node/switch to work, otherwise it will be missing a satellite.

And to fully enable your Joey/Hopper system it will need an internet connection.

And the node/switch may be affecting the #3 output, it can tell the LNB what to output on that port.

I believe all three port have the ability to cary all three satellite. My hooper is connected to just the first 2 port and I verify and I get all three satellite. The internet is only needed if you want to order pay per views, and the phone hook up is only if you want the caller ID feature to work.