PDA

View Full Version : Best box for a 3D TV

reap70
05-19-2013, 03:10 AM
Just got a new 3D TV. The picture is outstanding as you could imagine! Looking to upgrage my receiver. Any opinions on what I should look into? Have a dead 9000HD. Leaning towards Jynkbox. I don't need to run the emulator or whatever with it like the 9000HD, right? I am still reading, but found no opinions on best for 3D TV. Thanks y'all!

Nostradamus
05-19-2013, 03:38 AM
the reason that you really don't see anything specific to 3D is because there is next to nothing being broadcast in 3D. So 3D is good for watching Blu-ray and as far as satellite goes 720p HD is about as good as it gets

reap70
05-19-2013, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I see channel 501 is a 3d channel and possibly (what I am waiting for) Espn 3d may be out sometime. I have an nfps sub and I guess it will be up to them if they will offer those channels when it comes down to it, eh? Right now OTA local HD channels look "realistic", better than anything. Basically, I am looking ahead to what may be the best option for me down the road when 3D channels start to open up more. I was doing some reading and am I right in assuming the Jynxbox Ultra HD is what I want and not the Jynxbox Android HD? Does the Jynxbox work with the nfps sub I have? Sorry for the newbie questions, it's been a while since I had to test since my 9000hd was pretty much on "auto pilot". HAHA

reap70
05-19-2013, 04:11 AM
From what I am reading, the top boxes right now are the Jynxbox Ultra HD, Dreamlink HD, and Linkbox 8000 HD. Am I right? Overall, I am concerned with picture quality, other expansion features (I'd love to be able to use PlayOn on one for example), PVR, nfps compatibility, and the guide more than other features. Or should I just get my power supply board fixed or replace on my Viewsat 9000 HD? I value your expert opinion, Nostradamus!

reap70
05-19-2013, 04:50 AM
So looking at e*** auction site, for the price the Jynxbox Ultra HD seems to be the superior box. I am not interested in wifi because I believe hardwired is more reliable. It seems to be able to play most media file extentions, including being able to watch 3D movies from my USB drive. It has slots for 2 tuners for PVR or multi TV use. It has and IR remote. Is it compatible with the Jynxbox Android, i.e. can you hook them up together? This box seems to be far superior than any other that I am looking at, for the price. In what ways are the others superior to this one? I want to buy tomorrow, so any response would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

mechanicman
05-19-2013, 01:08 PM
better read a bit more about the jinkbox.. i dont think it compares to linkbox hd or dreamlink hd..it has issues not yet fixed by the coders.
So looking at e*** auction site, for the price the Jynxbox Ultra HD seems to be the superior box. I am not interested in wifi because I believe hardwired is more reliable. It seems to be able to play most media file extentions, including being able to watch 3D movies from my USB drive. It has slots for 2 tuners for PVR or multi TV use. It has and IR remote. Is it compatible with the Jynxbox Android, i.e. can you hook them up together? This box seems to be far superior than any other that I am looking at, for the price. In what ways are the others superior to this one? I want to buy tomorrow, so any response would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Nostradamus
05-19-2013, 02:19 PM
actually everybox out there has issues. I have yet to see one with more than 3 hours in a EPG consistently and I have been around a long time. Sure there are work arounds for some of them but they are not really all that reliable either. PVR? Some work well and some don't and if you see a deal that looks too good to be true you had better make sure you buy from an authorized dealer

BanHammer
05-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I see channel 501 is a 3d channel and possibly (what I am waiting for) Espn 3d may be out sometime. I have an nfps sub and I guess it will be up to them if they will offer those channels when it comes down to it, eh? Right now OTA local HD channels look "realistic", better than anything. Basically, I am looking ahead to what may be the best option for me down the road when 3D channels start to open up more. I was doing some reading and am I right in assuming the Jynxbox Ultra HD is what I want and not the Jynxbox Android HD? Does the Jynxbox work with the nfps sub I have? Sorry for the newbie questions, it's been a while since I had to test since my 9000hd was pretty much on "auto pilot". HAHA

channel 501 is actually a Video-On-Demand channel.

if you really want 3D channels now, you're better off with a DirecTV subscription instead of waiting for Dish Network to add any. Dish may never add any because the demand isn't there.