PDA

View Full Version : A recipe idea bbq chips

dumb as a stump
01-30-2010, 04:03 AM
I had a thought today. could you use bbq chips ( crushed ) for a bread crumb replacement for chicken or fish ? think lays chips or something so it would be spicy and cajunish. what do you all think would it work or is it a weird brain fart?

sneerboy
01-30-2010, 04:48 AM
I had a thought today. could you use bbq chips ( crushed ) for a bread crumb replacement for chicken or fish ? think lays chips or something so it would be spicy and cajunish. what do you all think would it work or is it a weird brain fart?

Should work. Rub a little cooking oll on the buck-buck first. The oil in the chips should help baste the chicken too. Add some pepper to the crushed chips in a shaking bag. imo

Give us a taste too.
:)

pugsycan
01-30-2010, 05:21 AM
I had a thought today. could you use bbq chips ( crushed ) for a bread crumb replacement for chicken or fish ? think lays chips or something so it would be spicy and cajunish. what do you all think would it work or is it a weird brain fart? I think it would work but you need the chips as fine as you can

Should work. Rub a little cooking oll on the buck-buck first. The oil in the chips should help baste the chicken too. Add some pepper to the crushed chips in a shaking bag. imo

Give us a taste too.
:)

Thats what I was going to say bring enough for everyone :D

all-world1
02-01-2010, 11:49 AM
I saw a recipe that used crushed ripple chips as a fish coating, so yes it does work....just can't remember the finer points of this method.

torpainter
02-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I,ve seen recipes that use corn flakes for recipes so I dont see a prob

bigge
02-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I have seen recipe using both chips and corn flake as batter for chicken but in both recipe you bake the chicken in the oven instead of frying it.

papitohead
02-01-2010, 07:20 PM
In upstate NY what we do with fresh rainbow trout is make a batter of pancake mix with beer. Dip your fish there and then deep fry. If you a Heineken, better yet.

dumb as a stump
02-02-2010, 05:35 AM
I have been useing corn flakes for years. now you can buy them that way. I also use all old cerial <SP>
it doesn't matter what. sometimes it may be old frootloops or shreddies or what ever mixed with some thing else it is rarely bread but a mixture of lots of stuff..point is turns over stuff and never the same twice...

dumb as a stump
02-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Ok here's an up date
I dipped my skinless boneless chicken in milk and coated it in a mix of 50/50 percent cruched bbq chips and cornmeal then put on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet.This allows cooking all around without a soggy side. I cooked it at 375 for about 25 min( wasnt really paying attention). Make sure it reaches 165 min with a digital thermometer placed lenghth wise through chicken... It was very good and very moist IF YOU TRY IT post your responces cause I want to know