PDA

View Full Version : limesat ultra - remote and front functions on limey will not work

freereign
05-30-2013, 08:24 PM
My remote works on buddys limer but will not work on mine.. front functions will not move or operate as I have tried them on the front of the box.Menu comes up, thats it will not move.. ANY IDEAS??power supply?Much appreciated
It was working flawlees.. now its locked

anyonomus
05-31-2013, 02:01 PM
This is assuming u have already unplugged the receiver( hard reboot) and plugged it back in, :)
My first question would be,,,does your buddy's remote work on yours?
If not the ir eye in the receiver may be displaced from a sharp bump or drop.
and if his works on yours and yours works on his.. Switch remotes with him.. ;)

freereign
05-31-2013, 05:05 PM
ok 103 bin wrks with remote.

once i load 201 over it using null cable - menu is locked

any file combos 201 then 2.73?? or ?usb is not operable

freereign
05-31-2013, 07:22 PM
ILL ANSWER MY OWN THREAD!!!!!!

loaded 103 via null cable and limey loader
NO FACT DEF AT ALLTHROUGH ENTIRE PROCESS
nxt usb with 201 and 2.73 on it
install usb rear
nxt 201 right over top in limey
nxt 2.73 V1 over top in limey
scan sats ..hahaha im happy fixed the remote lock up

Nostradamus
05-31-2013, 07:56 PM
your problem stems from that 2.01 factory file. Not necessary and really not necessary to do if it is working for you but if it acts up again then factory default, load 1.03 factory default and then 2.73 factory default after that and you should be good

teddybear
07-28-2013, 03:05 PM
your problem stems from that 2.01 factory file. Not necessary and really not necessary to do if it is working for you but if it acts up again then factory default, load 1.03 factory default and then 2.73 factory default after that and you should be good

tried every thing suggested wont go.Remote is ok for tv not on sat. front buttons works but cannot input server info without remote any suggestion?

tsp4115
07-29-2013, 05:55 PM
buy a Harmony remote. My quit working after a year and had a harmony remote in the home and downloaded info from there web site. Its always work since then. I even bought another remote and didn't work for me

freereign
07-30-2013, 11:09 PM
so when i load factory bin - all functions work.When i load 2.73 or 2.75 remote functions will not operate. CAnt even factory default.
i am loading with serial cable.IDEAS??

Anubis
07-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Make sure you are using the proper file for the version of box you have and try loading via usb. Remember to factory default after loading file. If remote is still unresponsive hard boot the box. Just let it sit for a min. or 2 before turning back on.

freereign
07-31-2013, 03:12 AM
Limey wont recognize usb.. menu only works with fact 103.\if i load 273=menu lock using null cable.

Do i have to use a certain usb stick ?
or
is the eprom done from doing too many updates??

can i transfer info from one limey to another using null and upgrade from my buds limey which is functioning nicely??

Anubis
07-31-2013, 02:03 PM
If you have a v2 then after factory file load file 274. It fixes the flash problem you seem to be having.

The file is here...http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?119122-Limesat-Ultra-V2-2012-model-Bin-2-74-for-ver2-only!

teddybear
08-01-2013, 01:07 PM
my limesat does the exact except i can use front buttons to load etc but cannot input server info tried everything suggested remote wont work with box but works for tv and amp.

62bug
08-01-2013, 01:30 PM
my limesat does the exact except i can use front buttons to load etc but cannot input server info tried everything suggested remote wont work with box but works for tv and amp.

Looks like a few of us has this problem
even bought a new remote last night no go

freereign
08-05-2013, 10:55 PM
ok u need to fact default<>
if u cant /
then load 1.02 via null cable/holding power switch on and switch back powerswitch on till boot is displayed
use limesat loader - null cable from pc>> clik start - on limey loader
when it displays END-its ready>hard reboot from back switch. if not null > 1.03fact
Functions should work to fact default on remote> or try front buttons on box
then u must reformat usb stick to fat32 and

unzip these files on usb stick>> 1.02, 1.03. fact, also 2.73
fact default - see if usb is working
reload all fact files and bin
1.02 via usb--then fact def\load all these files via usb
1.03 then fact def
2.73 then fact def

all functions should work - scan sats(hRD REBOOT FROM BACK SWITCH IF ANY PROBLEMS

62bug
08-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Sounds good I am going to try this evening and let you know the results

teddybear
08-07-2013, 11:47 PM
How about the results.

62bug
08-08-2013, 09:36 AM
So now I cant load via loader
it stalls I wait but after about 30 to 40 seconds into loading it stalls
even waited a half hour
I am loading via windows 7 laptop usb to serial the same null cable I have always used
So I thought I would narrow it down and took the face off my working limesat
and changed it to the non working limesat still the same problem.
I did this to see if it was the IR eye that was bad as was mentioned to me elsewhere
So now I have to find a desk top to try to load from and see if I can get the files to load.
This is definatly a software issue as the face works on the working reciver

teddybear
08-08-2013, 01:05 PM
i think you are right.i bought a new receiver and will fool around with limesat later. thanks again.

62bug
08-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Ok fixed
here is what I did
open the box find the cable that goes from the front pannel to the main board
pull that cable off and carefully remove all the brown goo that surounds it, all of it
plug the cable back in and you should have remote functions again.
Thanks go to hobo2 from another site he did this and it worked for him
he told me to try and it worked
YEA

teddybear
08-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Thank you it did repair my problem I had a mess in there cleaned it with electro cleaner and tried, remote works . good spare box thanks again.

anyonomus
08-11-2013, 02:54 AM
Hence it was not as complicated as it was made out to be after-all.lol
IR was not functioning correctly eh? ;)
Glad u got it all fixed up :)

joao6800
09-08-2013, 08:09 PM
How about the results.

Hi! Guy's

This will certainly help you to fix your Llimy ultra remote, i have been all day looking to fix my remote, I have done
all the suggestion on the forum, I even opened the box and cleaned the wired that was suggested and nothing, I finally went to replace my batteries with new ones, which the one were in the remote were good but i said let me replace them anyway, while I removed the batteries i notices one of the wire connection on the + side on the remote was rusty
I cleaned and scraped it with an exacto knife to make sure that I would have a good conctact and to my surprise
the remote works like new, hope this will help others,

"by the way i spent a total of 7 hours trying to figure out how to fix it.

good luck
Joao6000

anyonomus
09-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Hi! Guy's

This will certainly help you to fix your Llimy ultra remote, i have been all day looking to fix my remote, I have done
all the suggestion on the forum, I even opened the box and cleaned the wired that was suggested and nothing, I finally went to replace my batteries with new ones, which the one were in the remote were good but i said let me replace them anyway, while I removed the batteries i notices one of the wire connection on the + side on the remote was rusty
I cleaned and scraped it with an exacto knife to make sure that I would have a good conctact and to my surprise
the remote works like new, hope this will help others,

"by the way i spent a total of 7 hours trying to figure out how to fix it.

good luck
Joao6000

Next time u could use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts.. An exacto knife is kind of hard on the contact enamel .. :)

seadog
09-18-2013, 06:57 PM
I did not start a new thread as my topic pertains to the no-work with remote problem. If I'm in the wrong section, please move if you wish.

About two weeks ago, I returned from a trip and found that the receiver (LS Ultra ver.1) would not respond to the remote. It did work via the front panel buttons but changing channels, etc. has become pretty tedious by now. To make a long story short, I did everything I could find re: fixing the problem with the remote but no luck. The remote is firing on the STB button and works fine with other devices. I have also replaced the IR sensor in the receiver.

In desperation and at the coaxing the the "power-that-be", I broke down and with fingers crossed, followed the instructions to reload 103 and 273. Of course, following the factory defaults, all data was wiped and I attempted to start from scratch as this effort did not fix the problem. I scanned one bird and the scan run much quicker than normal and no channels were shown being added and none are there.

Does anyone have any idea where I may go from here? I cannot access the server as the data cannot be entered via the remote.

Thanks in advance

62bug
09-19-2013, 11:08 AM
seadog
did you do what I mentioned in post 19
It may not work in all cases but it did on 2 of mine
be sure you get all the brown goo off where the plugin from the front pannel connects to the mother board.

seadog
09-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Thanks for reply 62bug.

Yes, I cleaned everything but still no luck. Should have left well enough alone. The thing is a doorstop now.

62bug
09-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Well I had no luck with one of mine so I took it to an electronics guy told him what the problem was and am waiting to hear back.
He said give him up to two weeks. It has been a week now so if he gets it fixed I will post.
To look at it he asked $25.00 and would call first if the cost was expected to go any higher.
Fingers crossed.

seadog
09-22-2013, 02:42 AM
Well I had no luck with one of mine so I took it to an electronics guy told him what the problem was and am waiting to hear back.
He said give him up to two weeks. It has been a week now so if he gets it fixed I will post.
To look at it he asked $25.00 and would call first if the cost was expected to go any higher.
Fingers crossed.

Good luck. Yes, if the tech. finds the problem, please post and unless it's an IC, I may be able to handle a fix as well.

62bug
10-05-2013, 07:08 PM
well no go the tech could not fix it
aw well i I now have a parts box

seadog
10-15-2013, 02:46 AM
Did the tech suggest what the problem may have resulted from 62bug? It is curious that some of us have all experienced the same problem at about the same time.

62bug
10-15-2013, 06:20 PM
No I dont think he spent to much time on it
Cause when I got it back it said OK on the tag
So I plugged it in and it was back to factory state
yes the remote did work at that point but as soon as I put a bin in it remote functions locked up

redrocker
10-15-2013, 09:19 PM
well I fixd my limer remote by taking it apart and cleaning it - big diff I tell u

redrocker
10-15-2013, 09:27 PM
as for the bins- u gotta know what limer u have-
I played with mine and my guess is you have corrupted bins.
redownload the bins fresh bins ..
format your usb sticks
try null for 1st fact bin- fact def

then use usb 1st fact bin again
then 103 or 102 - fact def
then 2.73 v1
or 2.74 v2

you may have to unplug limer after 1st fact bin and leave till nxt day, then proceed.

aissa_h
10-29-2013, 05:08 PM
i have the same issue in my limesat downloaded bin fromm different site but no result. remote works well with factory bin when load 273 receiver freeze.

surveyor1951
01-13-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm having the same problem with my remote. I haven't cleaned the remote yet or disconnected any wires in the box yet but I will after reading some of the posts. I do have the V2 receiver, so I used the null cable to load the 274 & 275 bins but the remote still didn't work. My question is:What is the factory file I should use on the V2 box to get it back to factory state. I was thinking of loading the factory file, then 274 & 275 & see if it works. Then I was thinking of taking the remote & the receiver apart & cleaning all the parts & wires. Any help on this would be much apprieciated. Thanks