PDA

View Full Version : Dish Please help!

JaneyPhung
06-07-2013, 11:36 PM
I live in Canada and I would like to get 110, 119 and 129 HD but I dont know what dish should I buy to install to work with my FTA ILink. Someone told me that the new Dish HD wont work and the Dish 1000 neither. At the moment I am using the LNB Dish Pro but I only have 2 outpus. I need to get 1 or 2 more for my Dad who lives upstairs. Can anyone guide me to do this please. Thank you so much

StanW
06-07-2013, 11:44 PM
To summarize you would like to get the 3 sat to 2 receivers? Exactly which dpp lnb are you using currently?

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 12:11 AM
HI, thank you replying to me. I would like to get 3 sat to 4 receivers (2 for me and 2 for my Dad who lives upstairs). I am using Dish Pro LNB. Thanks

StanW
06-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Which dish pro lnb - this will determine what ppl will recommend to you .

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 12:22 AM
I think Legacy, I am so sorry, all I know is Dish Pro LNB which has 2 tubes in front of the dish. I dont mind to buy new dish or change the setting to capture 3 satellites but I don't know how since I use the FTA and someone told me that FTA does not work with Dish HD or DIsh 1000. Thanks

StanW
06-08-2013, 12:30 AM
I think Legacy, I am so sorry, all I know is Dish Pro LNB which has 2 tubes in front of the dish. I dont mind to buy new dish or change the setting to capture 3 satellites but I don't know how since I use the FTA and someone told me that FTA does not work with Dish HD or DIsh 1000. Thanks
Is your lnb one unit that looks like 2 big fish eyes togather or do you have 2 individual lnbs.

True fta satellites use linear pol - dn and bev use circular pol so dpp lnbs will not work for true fta. Which receiver are you using ? this will help to determine the best switch to use.

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 12:49 AM
the 2 eyes are together (in 1 casing) and I am using I-Link 9600. Thank you

StanW
06-08-2013, 01:12 AM
the 2 eyes are together (in 1 casing) and I am using I-Link 9600. Thank you

You do realize that in order to use 4 receivers you will have to have 4 separate lines going from the switch to each receiver. ?

Probably the simplest setup would be to add another dish for 129 and combine the 2 with ad dp44 switch.

Despite what you have been told a 1000.2 will work fine ( to receive all 3 sats) with your fta receiver , you will require only one dish + a dp44 switch to go to 4 receivers.

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Is your lnb one unit that looks like 2 big fish eyes togather or do you have 2 individual lnbs.

True fta satellites use linear pol - dn and bev use circular pol so dpp lnbs will not work for true fta. Which receiver are you using ? this will help to determine the best switch to use.

May I ask what dpp lnbs is please? and how to I call the one I am using please^ (So I can learn for next time)

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 01:20 AM
You do realize that in order to use 4 receivers you will have to have 4 separate lines going from the switch to each receiver. ?

Probably the simplest setup would be to add another dish for 129 and combine the 2 with ad dp44 switch.

Despite what you have been told a 1000.2 will work fine ( to receive all 3 sats) with your fta receiver , you will require only one dish + a dp44 switch to go to 4 receivers.

Thank you very much for helping me. Let me summerize what I understood:
1. First solution: I just need to add the another dish to capture the 129 and use ad dp44 switch to connect all of them together to get 4 outputs
2. Second solution: buy the dish 1000 or Dish HD to get the 3 satellites and get the ad dp44 switch. How do I connect the 3 wires from the dish to the switch (with 4 inputs) please? Can the switch stay outdoor?

Please correct me if I miss understand yr explanation. Sorry I am little slow in this. Thank you

StanW
06-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Thank you very much for helping me. Let me summerize what I understood:
1. I just need to add the another dish to capture the 129 and use ad dp44 switch to connect all of them together to get 4 outputs
2. OR buy the dish 1000 or Dish HD to get the 3 satellites and what do I need to output to 4 receivers please?

Please correct me if I miss understand yr explanation. Thank you
Correct . A 1000.2 would also require a dp44cswitch.

Before proceeding with either setup I would verify the power output of your receiver. Dpp equipment is power hungry and a 700 mA , or more, power supply is recommended.

Maybe someone that has been using dpp hardware in conjunction with your receiver can give us their opinion.

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Yes it is what someone told me too. The dish 1000 or Dish HD will need the power from the receiver and that person told me it only works with the Dishnet receiver, the FTA receiver wont have enough power to feed but I am not too convinced and decide to ask you guys about this. I hope someone in here already experience the setting and can help me with this. Thanks

StanW
06-08-2013, 02:24 AM
What you have been told is not quite accurate . It all depends on the power output of the receiver . Certain fta receivers work fine with dpp lnbs/switches while others require external power ( be it a power inserter or old dn receiver connected to port one of the switch).

Hopefully Terryl will be on line later and give his input .

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Oh you mean I can use an old receiver as a dummy to output the power? That is a genius idea

StanW
06-08-2013, 03:01 AM
Oh you mean I can use an old receiver as a dummy to output the power? That is a genius idea
Unfortunately you loose a port with that setup - you can use only 3 receivers.

dishuser
06-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Unfortunately you loose a port with that setup - you can use only 3 receivers.
connect a DP44 to a DP34 and voila

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 03:15 AM
I just did some research, it seems I have to install the dpp44 witch inside my place so I can power it from inside, I saw in a picture that I can get something call "power inserter" to power it. May I ask the dish 1000 will have 4 wires come out from the 3 eyes or 3 wires only to connect to the dpp44 switch? At the moment, 2 wires come out from 2 eyes. thanks

StanW
06-08-2013, 03:23 AM
The power inserter connects to port one of the switch - cn't use it for fta . You can do as dishuser suggested above .

Why do you have 2 wires coming out of your lnb currently ? You only need one ( no switch) - unless you have a dual tuner or going to 2 receivers.

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 03:36 AM
AT the moment there are 2 wires come out from the dish ( 1 from each eye) and I connect each of them to 2 FTA and I didn't use any switch. I saw in the Ebay, they sell "DISH NETWORK FG, VIDEOPATH DPP44 SWITCH AND POWER INSERTER KIT, GROUND BLOCK" is it a good one to buy, please suggest, thank you

Hi Dishuser, can you please elaborate a little more, I am little slow in this , what "connect a DP44 to a DP34 and voila " means plz? thank you

dishuser
06-08-2013, 03:43 AM
AT the moment there are 2 wires come out from the dish ( 1 from each eye) and I connect each of them to 2 FTA and I didn't use any switch. I saw in the Ebay, they sell "DISH NETWORK FG, VIDEOPATH DPP44 SWITCH AND POWER INSERTER KIT, GROUND BLOCK" is it a good one to buy, please suggest, thank you

Hi Dishuser, can you please elaborate a little more, I am little slow in this , what "connect a DP44 to a DP34 and voila " means plz? thank you
only the dp44 needs inserter
so with switches cascading you can get do more boxes

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 03:59 AM
only the dp44 needs inserter
so with switches cascading you can get do more boxes
Hi Dishuser, so I have to connect from the dish to dp44 and from dp44 to dp34, then from dp34, I will connect to the fta receiver? Does it mean since I will need the inserter for dp44, 3 outputs from dp44 will go in dp34 and I can get 4 outputs again for 4 receivers?
thank you

dishuser
06-08-2013, 04:04 AM
Hi Dishuser, so I have to connect from the dish to dp44 and from dp44 to dp34, then from dp34, I will connect to the fta receiver? thank you
from both switches receivers can be hooked up

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 04:08 AM
from both switches receivers can be hooked up
Do you know where there is picture so I can see how to connect them together plz?

StanW
06-08-2013, 04:16 AM
If you haven't already done so you should visit this forum : http://www.satfix.net/forumdisplay.php?762-Switch-Discussions-and-Pictures

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 04:29 AM
Hi STan,
From the picture I saw, the dp44 has 4 slots to connect from the dish, and I can use the inserter to power from the other side so I will have 4 output to connect to the receivers. May I ask what dp34 is used for?

dishuser
06-08-2013, 04:37 AM
Hi STan,
From the picture I saw, the dp44 has 4 slots to connect from the dish, and I can use the inserter to power from the other side so I will have 4 output to connect to the receivers. May I ask what dp34 is used for?
so you can have 4 or more fta stb's

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 04:40 AM
so you can have 4 or more fta stb's
In my case I only need dp44 to have 4 connections to receivers?

dishuser
06-08-2013, 04:50 AM
In my case I only need dp44 to have 4 connections to receivers?
is one of them a dp receiver?

Terryl
06-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Any DP LNB (except a legacy LNB) will work with a DPP 44 switch and power inserter, you can have 4 DP LNB's (they have a big DP on them) and run 3 FTA receivers off that switch, port #1 of the switch is for the power inserter, it is not compatible with quite a few FTA receivers.

So the DPP power inserter needs to be on the #1 port of the switch by its self.

If you need more then 4 FTA receivers the a second DPP44 switch (and power inserter) can be used, up to 3 DPP 44 switches can be cascaded together to run up to 9 FTA receivers off 4 (or 3) DP or DPP LNB's.

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Any DP LNB (except a legacy LNB) will work with a DPP 44 switch and power inserter, you can have 4 DP LNB's (they have a big DP on them) and run 3 FTA receivers off that switch, port #1 of the switch is for the power inserter, it is not compatible with quite a few FTA receivers.

So the DPP power inserter needs to be on the #1 port of the switch by its self.

If you need more then 4 FTA receivers the a second DPP44 switch (and power inserter) can be used, up to 3 DPP 44 switches can be cascaded together to run up to 9 FTA receivers off 4 (or 3) DP or DPP LNB's.
Thank you Terryl
Sorry if my questions sound ackward because I am really slow in this, I really want to learn how to do it before make big big hole on the walls to bring the wires in the house in order to put dp44. Can I summarise this again plz:

I will run the 4 wires from the dish to dp44 and from dp44, 3 holes are used to to connect to the FTA and 1 output is used for the inserter to power. If I want to have 4 or more I have to connect 3 outputs to dp34 in order to get 4 receivers or more. is that correct ? I saw in the pic that the inserter is connected from a side of the dp44 and that is why it confuses me big time. I am using I link 9600HD.

StanW
06-08-2013, 01:06 PM
The switch(es) does not have to be inside the house - most mount them on the dish . The power inserter or old provider receiver connects to port 1 via coax.

JaneyPhung
06-08-2013, 01:09 PM
thank you so so much guys, I got it now!!

JaneyPhung
06-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi Guys,

I have 3 LNB inputs and need 3 receivers outputs (2 from dual LNB DishPro and 1 LNB from 18" old dish). The suggested setup has been a DP44 and a DP34. This is apprently a lot of FTA receivers do not supply enough power to the DP44 so it needs one of its receivers port to be used as power inserter port leaving only 3 receivers outputs so I need to cascade a DP34 from the DP44.

First question: Does the DP34 need a power inserter or will the FTA receivers connected to it supply enough power?

Second question: If the 34 in the cascaded scenario has enough power without a power inserter, why can not I just use 1 DP34 by itself?

JaneyPhung
06-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Sorry guys, my questions sound stupid sometimes just because looking at all the pics on the web and read all the articles with all terminology confuse me big time. I think all the DP switches need power inserter (or an old Dishnet receiver). I will try to look closely what kind of LNBs that I am using at the moment so you guys can help me on this. On the casing, it prints DP and I have no idea if it is Legacy Twin with 2 connectors or Dishpro Twin or Dishpro Plus so you guys can guide to the right direction. I bought a DP44 and DP34 already and will try to install it. Please be patience with me, I really want to learn because someone mounted the dish for me outside 7 years ago and I had no idea what it was. Thank you so much for helping me so far.