PDA

View Full Version : Ihub replacments for only $26!

rcm4453
06-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Anybody with a dead ihub or looking to buy another one just buy the Wiz110SR LAN adaptor (basically same as ihub) for $26 it works great with the latest ihub emulator bin files released. These hubs are dirt cheap and there's plenty of them out there! :D

It's Jafo
06-13-2013, 11:42 AM
I've been using the 110 board for well over a year now.
The issue is the handshake at start up. The 110 board won't pass. I hot swap with a good dongle and that gets me "Network settings" and the "Adapter Connected" message.
I was hoping that someone had overcome the issue but alas.... same thing as always for me.
I loaded the 360-no check file hoping that would do it. After a reboot, no message and no network settings show. :(
Hot swapped with a working dongle and back on with the 110 board again.
If you have to run the full emulator with your computer, this is still no good for the 110 board.

What did/do you do to get yours to work like a regular dongle with no computer ?
Thanks

mechanicman
06-13-2013, 12:07 PM
sometimes its a bit hard to believe a member who joined last month with total of 2 posts. with them being 2 identical posts on these iWiz110SR ..
i could be wrong though

Russ
06-13-2013, 01:31 PM
I have a 360e what is the latest bin file for ihub emulator.

dishuser
06-13-2013, 02:19 PM
I've been using the 110 board for well over a year now.
The issue is the handshake at start up. The 110 board won't pass. I hot swap with a good dongle and that gets me "Network settings" and the "Adapter Connected" message.
I was hoping that someone had overcome the issue but alas.... same thing as always for me.
I loaded the 360-no check file hoping that would do it. After a reboot, no message and no network settings show. :(
Hot swapped with a working dongle and back on with the 110 board again.
If you have to run the full emulator with your computer, this is still no good for the 110 board.

What did/do you do to get yours to work like a regular dongle with no computer ?
Thanks

they never said they got it to work without a pc

It's Jafo
06-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Then what good is it ?
Might as well just use emulation and ditch the dongle.

vic24551
06-13-2013, 04:36 PM
I have 3 ihubs that never connect! the green & amber lights shows but never a network connection! even if you leave
them on for a week!! I hoped this adapter will help! gee thanks nothing.

jvvh5897
06-13-2013, 06:49 PM
As I understand it, the wizhub has to be loaded with the ihub software--just requires using the wizhub program and having the hub's sw and that is around or can be pulled out of the PK zipped format from the files (the file checks to see if the version of hub sw in the file is newer than the one in the hub as part of the handshake and if newer loads the hub with that unzipped sw ). Also as part of the handshake the box sends the hub 16 bytes of 3DES encrypted data pseudo-random generated, the hub has to respond with the 16 bits unhashed--part of the emu program was to defeat that part of the handshake (though the 3des key is figured out so they could use an unmodded file if they wanted to add the 3des routine). SO, with the Wizhub110 not having the security chip that does the 3des "unhash" when the box asks for the data back it just responds with all FFs, but the modded file just ignores that the returned data does not match what is expected and thinks that test is passed. That means that the box should be happy with the wiznet110 board. Don't know that anyone has tested that beyond the emu testers that checked that the box was happy through the handshake. But, do know that at another site one guy loaded the 110 board with ihub sw and captured the serial comms to see the security chip test, so if you run the right modded file, load the board with the right sw and give the thing a test or two, one would know if it works or not.

Now, I also have heard that the emu guys want to put out a modded router to do the emu rather than use a PC and that they might actually bo out already--don't know, don't own sv box, don't do IKS, haven't bothered to look around. A modded router can always be reflashed to just be a router, the wiznet110 board is OK but it just does serial to web interface by and large. And PCs are cheap and can run emu too, so what you use depends on what you want.

abouttosnap
06-13-2013, 07:05 PM
I would have done tried this myself but just can't wrap my head around the shipping costs for the 110sr. Plus I have other stb's that are up. Times being what they are a penny is a penny. lol

It's Jafo
06-13-2013, 07:35 PM
I have all the dongle firmware from 1.0 to 4.12. All FW only.... the latest FW were extracted from the Svlan files.
Currently the 110 board shows 4.12 for the version.
I have the 360p no check file loaded to the box.
On reboot... nothing shows and no adapter connected message.
Perhaps I'll try an older fw version and see if it works, although I'm not expecting it too.
Yes, the guys are working on the router FW......
Don't you have a hand in that jvvh5897 ??
If you have to run Emulation to make this work (the 110 board) ... It's not working the way we want and the 110 board is back to being useless without a hot swap.
I'll post what i learn later.
:)

rcm4453
06-13-2013, 08:41 PM
I have all the dongle firmware from 1.0 to 4.12. All FW only.... the latest FW were extracted from the Svlan files.
Currently the 110 board shows 4.12 for the version.
I have the 360p no check file loaded to the box.
On reboot... nothing shows and no adapter connected message.
Perhaps I'll try an older fw version and see if it works, although I'm not expecting it too.
Yes, the guys are working on the router FW......
Don't you have a hand in that jvvh5897 ??
If you have to run Emulation to make this work (the 110 board) ... It's not working the way we want and the 110 board is back to being useless without a hot swap.
I'll post what i learn later.

I have the 110 board working right now as I type this on an Elite and I didn't do a "hot swap" with an ihub either. I had the same problem as you at first where it wouldn't recognize it this is what I did to get it working:

-First I loaded 2.2 using wiznet
-had the older es22-2028 bin loaded so the stb would update the 110 board to 4.12 it would give a message that is was going to update module but then I would get an error message right away and it wouldn't update.
-I then updated the 110 board in wiznet to svlan_4.3 file and I changed the "baud rate" in the serial tab of the wiznet sofware to "115200" and saved settings
-I reconnected the 110 board to receiver now having svlan_4.3 flashed plus the baud rate set at 115200 powered it on and I got the "network adaptor connected" please wait updating software message.
-After the stb updated the 110 board I checked it in wiznet and it was at 4.12. I then booted up the stb and got "invalid network adaptor" which is what I knew it would say using the older es22-2028 bin file, was just happy that the stb was seeing the 110 board.
-Now I loaded the latest ihub emulation file for the Elite and after it rebooted I got the wonderful message "Network adaptor connected." Went into network settings to verify everything was right, it was, then went to a channel and BAM! Came right in!

I hope this helps you get yours working right, I know people are saying what's the point in buying the 110 board when you can use a PC instead but to me I hate having to run a PC the whole time and these are a lot cheaper then paying over $100 on ebay for an actual ihub if you can even find one.

Forgot to add that you MUST use a NULL Modem Cable to connect the 110 board to the stb. I was trying to use a straight-thru serial cable at first and of course the stb wouldn't recognize the 110 board.

It's Jafo
06-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Excellent.
Thanks brother.
I agree, I would rather use a dongle.
I'll give it a shot.

It's Jafo
06-13-2013, 09:14 PM
All I had to do was change the baud rate and it connected.
That's great news and finally a work around for the Wizhub.

Thanks for the help and instructions.

It's Jafo
06-13-2013, 09:36 PM
C/P Credit to Sp0iler

Okay, The task has been completed with the latest emulation files.
Need a dongle for SV... here is what you do.

Search the web for a "WIZ110SR Serial to Ethernet Module"
They are easy to find.... for now.

1-Using the Wiz program... upload the Svlan 4.12FW file.
2-In the Wiz program, click on the "Serial" tab. Change the baud rate (speed) to 115200 and click on the "settings" to save the change.
3-Load the "nochk" Emulator file for your box to the box.
4-Reconnect the 110 board as usual and reboot the box.
5-You should see the "Network adapter connected" message and you should have "Network settings" in your menu.
6-Confirm the info or load the server info if needed and try to connect.

If all has gone well, you should run like any other dongle for SV.
I would move fast as I suspect the dongle might be hard to find soon.

Good luck,
Sp0iler

End c/p

abouttosnap
06-13-2013, 09:50 PM
You all gona keep on and make me spend some coin aren't ya. lol Of course even if you have a working iHub wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up a 110sr for back up. My iHub is brwoke. :bawl: Ya gota hate the dreaded yellow light syndrome. :2guns:

It's Jafo
06-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Do it Snap... it will work just fine and sure beats the heck outta computer emulation Imo.

Russ
06-13-2013, 11:04 PM
I ordered one to try & make as a spare

rcm4453
06-14-2013, 06:23 AM
C/P Credit to Sp0iler

Okay, The task has been completed with the latest emulation files.
Need a dongle for SV... here is what you do.

Search the web for a "WIZ110SR Serial to Ethernet Module"
They are easy to find.... for now.

1-Using the Wiz program... upload the Svlan 4.12FW file.
2-In the Wiz program, click on the "Serial" tab. Change the baud rate (speed) to 115200 and click on the "settings" to save the change.
3-Load the "nochk" Emulator file for your box to the box.
4-Reconnect the 110 board as usual and reboot the box.
5-You should see the "Network adapter connected" message and you should have "Network settings" in your menu.
6-Confirm the info or load the server info if needed and try to connect.

If all has gone well, you should run like any other dongle for SV.
I would move fast as I suspect the dongle might be hard to find soon.

Good luck,
Sp0iler

End c/p

Very nice instructions for getting the WIZ110SR dongle up and running! :)

Please sticky this

poroto40
06-15-2013, 03:00 PM
another procedure

load new sonicview files connect wiz100sr and let it flash he will upgrade to 4.12 now open program wiznet and click search

check ip and port Local ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port must be 1920
subnet 255.255.255.0
server ip 0.0.0.0 port 10000
check mark on Use DNS dns server ip like gateway
domain name dummy click setting

mine work so fine
try to load 4.12 but get fail upload

rcm4453
06-17-2013, 04:53 AM
another procedure

load new sonicview files connect wiz100sr and let it flash he will upgrade to 4.12 now open program wiznet and click search

check ip and port Local ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port must be 1920
subnet 255.255.255.0
server ip 0.0.0.0 port 10000
check mark on Use DNS dns server ip like gateway
domain name dummy click setting

mine work so fine
try to load 4.12 but get fail upload

Doing it your way did you have to do this step?

My box wouldn't load the 4.12 file to the WIZ110SR board until I did step 2 above. I haven't tried flashing the 4.12 file using wiznet I let the box update it.

jvvh5897
06-17-2013, 09:31 PM
The serial output of the box is at 115kbaud , so yes you have to have it set that way.

Want to check that your box is sending out info at that rate?--just hook up a cable to a PC serial port and log the output of the box. The info sent to the dongle is ascii so you can see it with something like HyperTerm. I like sourceforge site's RealTerm--it is free.

It's Jafo
06-18-2013, 10:30 AM
I don't get it Snap ??
The Emu files do just what your asking.... defeat the security chip.
Unless your pretty proficient in Binary, the editor's won't do you much good other than to see the code.
Whats your objective here and why ?

freereign
06-20-2013, 09:11 PM
so can i use a dongle from cnx??and program it then for my 360elite?

It's Jafo
06-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Nope.....
That would be too easy.

airjam
06-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Got the WIZ110SR board today and had it up and running in a flash literally.

1. Loaded the no check file to receiver.
2. WIZ board with only network cable from my router and 5V power supply connected only ( No connection to receiver )
3. Open WIZ Configuration tool on PC and scanned for adapter.
4. Changed network settings in Configuration to match my network also changed serial to 115200 and saved settings.
5. Closed configuration tool and reopened noting my changes were saved.
6. Open "UPLOAD" and pointed to my 4.12 file in pc and updated to 4.12.
7. Connected WIZ110SR to Sonicview and NETWORK ADAPTER CONNECTED Standard stuff from here.

my_cnx
06-24-2013, 10:21 PM

2. WIZ board with only network cable from my router and 5V power supply connected only ( No connection to receiver )
4. Changed network settings in Configuration to match my network also changed serial to 115200 and saved settings.
7. Connected WIZ110SR to Sonicview and NETWORK ADAPTER CONNECTED Standard stuff from here.

is 4.12 file the same as 4.12FW file?

airjam
06-24-2013, 10:39 PM
is 4.12 file the same as 4.12FW file?

Yes, Ensure you unzip file to bin file

abouttosnap
06-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Just an fyi. Finally got my wiz110sr and it is up and running. And from my fooling around with this thing and as others have said you will need an adapter to power it. You will also need a null cable. Using it with my 360p. A couple of screen shots of the loader.
First one with the factory fw 18781. Second one after the sv fw. I removed some of the ip info in this shot 18782.

Fooling around with some older fw I managed to brick it better know as v82. So it is good and broke in now. :D

It's Jafo
06-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Try loading the SVlan-43 file to the 110 board with the Wiz program.Perhaps that will get you over the version 82 error.

abouttosnap
06-30-2013, 06:15 AM
Try loading the SVlan-43 file to the 110 board with the Wiz program.Perhaps that will get you over the version 82 error.

I loaded the rom100 to it and cleared the v82 error. Then loaded the rom0431 back and started over. My own fault. It's all good now.

x2006nzl
07-15-2013, 01:04 PM
is there another wiz board that doesn;'t require a external board that would work? thanks and iof not where is the best plase to get a cheap enlclosure for this box?
thanks

It's Jafo
07-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Not sure exactly what it is your asking but the 110 board is the only one tested to work with SV.
Sparkfun.com for the 110 dongle.

x2006nzl
07-15-2013, 06:25 PM
does anyone know of a good enclosure /plastic box for this chip?
thanks

x2006nzl
07-17-2013, 10:34 PM
also does anyone know where the cheapest place to get about 10+ is i'm in canada and mouser is the cheapest so far at 29 thanks

Jdread
07-18-2013, 01:52 AM
The price of these boards are going to keep rising, so if anybody is interested in using them on their Sonicview will need to get them early as the price will continue to go up.

airjam
07-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Just a heads up.... Where ever you buy them ensure they do not ship UPS. UPS are crooks when it come to border fees. <br />
I bought 10 and shipped UPS and they charged $95.00 for border fees and taxes....

Wil
07-19-2013, 10:15 AM

just received one of these and tried doing it your way...but the Wiz don't see it in search. I just don't get it. can anyone tell me why the wiz program does not find it? I do have original and wiz does see it....its got me..

airjam
07-19-2013, 10:25 AM
just received one of these and tried doing it your way...but the Wiz don't see it in search. I just don't get it. can anyone tell me why the wiz program does not find it? I do have original and wiz does see it....its got me..

Did you connect a 5V adapter to power the Wiz ??

Wil
07-19-2013, 10:33 AM
sure did . that's whats got me goin ..hmmmm....voltage is at 5.14 from adapter, that should work, I would think, still waiting on the null modem cable to attach to the stb ....just thought I would try your way. thanx for coming back.....:D lights are coming on but just cant access it thru wiz , i'm miffed. I know I should see a mac addy and version #

It's Jafo
07-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Are you connected straight to your computer lan port or through your network ? Connect to your lan port directly and search again.
Also... see this:
http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?135056-Ihub-replacments-for-only-26!&p=963188#post963188

airjam
07-19-2013, 01:20 PM
sure did . that's whats got me goin ..hmmmm....voltage is at 5.14 from adapter, that should work, I would think, still waiting on the null modem cable to attach to the stb ....just thought I would try your way. thanx for coming back.....:D lights are coming on but just cant access it thru wiz , i'm miffed. I know I should see a mac addy and version #

Mine are seen instantly. Found connected to my network switch. Is your PC set at static or DHCP

I am using Wiz configuration tool 3.01 Try searching static with 192.168.11.2 That seems to be the default address that they are shipped with.

ChillyWilly
07-19-2013, 08:17 PM
does anyone know of a good enclosure /plastic box for this chip?
thanks

I would try one of those 2 piece plastic bar soap containers people use when on vacation and packing soap in luggage.....there only about 1 dollar.....just cut cable slots and let the connectors live inside the soap box

GNCSUX
07-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Can anyone recommend where to get a cheap 5v power supply for this item. Someone said they have different sizes in the power supply, just want to make sure i get the right one. Thanks in advance.

airjam
07-20-2013, 12:52 AM
Just google 5v 5.5mm x 2.1mm and you will find. <br />
<br />
You can also use a USB to 5.5mm x 2.1mm cable connected to any powersupply that has a USB power outlet sold in dollar+ stores. Some devices like...

abouttosnap
07-20-2013, 04:12 AM
Powering mine with an adapter I bought about 15 to 20 years ago.

Wil
07-20-2013, 04:14 AM
Mine are seen instantly. Found connected to my network switch. Is your PC set at static or DHCP

I am using Wiz configuration tool 3.01 Try searching static with 192.168.11.2 That seems to be the default address that they are shipped with.

Thanks guys got it loaded .....:D .my problem was a bad power supply....grrr..now just waiting for my null female to female cable...
Again thanks :yeaah:

GNCSUX
07-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the quick response :)

Manoy
09-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Guys,

I got myself a new wiz110sr too and did everything as posted. Load 4.12 to wiz, load NoCheck to the box, I got the message "Network Adapter Connected", entered my p$ codes, but when I try to check the connection it is giving me a "Connection Fail" message.

Can someone help me please.

airjam
09-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Guys,

I got myself a new wiz110sr too and did everything as posted. Load 4.12 to wiz, load NoCheck to the box, I got the message "Network Adapter Connected", entered my p$ codes, but when I try to check the connection it is giving me a "Connection Fail" message.

Can someone help me please.

Wiz110SR is communicating with your receiver OK. Make sure you have internet at the point of connection. 99% sure you entered something wrong in your $P settings. Did you reboot after entering settings ?

Manoy
09-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Wiz110SR is communicating with your receiver OK. Make sure you have internet at the point of connection. 99% sure you entered something wrong in your $P settings. Did you reboot after entering settings ?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I have rebooted the box and the wiz. I also checked with the router if it is connected and yes wiz is connected. I tied checking the p$ settings they are all right (des key, user password, port server IP.

I am using 2 p$ at the sametime and both of them are "Connect Fail". I have done this with my nano and it works. I am just changing to sonicview because they say it is more stable.

satcom staff
09-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Can anyone recommend where to get a cheap 5v power supply for this item. Someone said they have different sizes in the power supply, just want to make sure i get the right one. Thanks in advance.

Powering mine with an adapter I bought about 15 to 20 years ago.

their is no need for you to put an external power supply to WIZ110SR. the 9pin serial port of the sonic already has .5vdc running thru it. you just need to soder a small wire patch to wiz110sr. piece of cake

showhorse
09-03-2014, 02:34 PM
where is the picture on where to appl;y the patch for the sonicview 8000hd thanks

airjam
09-03-2014, 03:09 PM
where is the picture on where to appl;y the patch for the sonicview 8000hd thanks

See attached pic.

rockisdead
09-04-2014, 02:21 AM
I think that I'm buying one since I have one without dongle.worth give it a try.

rockisdead
09-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Shipping fee made me step back,$45USD,WTF.

I could find $70 iHub locally and no hassle to use with SV8K.