PDA

View Full Version : Sonicview 8000HD auto rebooting issue

rockisdead
06-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Recently,this issue occurs very often,it's kind of pain of ass,I dunno how to start to figure out where is problem,it has best PVR function which I'm using a lot to record live soccer and other programs,now I cannot use it anymore.I heard a little bit noise from the box after I turned it on for 5-10 mins,any suggestion is welcome.
thanks.

Mine is V1 and I put a cooling fan inside,the 8PSK card is green two pieces version and I'm using 1.5TB external hard drive with power adapter,everything is perfect until a month ago.I did not watch a lot of TV during the week days but during the weekend I use it to record soccer games.

Le_Gnome
06-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Unplug the sat in lead, and try turning on and playing back a recorded movie. In case you have a shorted sat line.

A corrupt channel list can also cause issues. To correct reload a saved channel list, or factory reload.

rockisdead
06-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Report back,did a test this morning,watching SD channel is fine but HD ones caused box reboot less then 30 mins and once I switched to HD channel,a noise came out near the power supply board,none for watching SD channels,try to playback shows recorded in HD,seeded fine for about 45 mins,no reboot.

Later on I will try to do factory default and rescan channels to what happens.

Fishbum
06-26-2013, 04:13 AM
I'v delt with serveral SV8000 V1 and V2 with the old original two piece 8PSK card.. its not a good card and will eventually fail even with a good fan installed in the receiver... First thing I would do is get rid of the old 8psk card .., get the newer one piece style.. you can still find them on Ebay... Its could be over heating, I had this happen with an old two piece 8psk.. I used to do is remove the cover off the receiver and the issue would go away..
as soon as I put the cover back on the problem would come back... I solved it by tossing out the two piece 8psk and got a new one piece new style... a test you can do is unplug the 8psk from the receiver board and see if the receiver stops rebooting itself..
Another cause of the rebooting is that your power board is starting to die... if you disconnect your 8spk and its still rebooting, its likely your power board starting go... there is a seller on Ebay that refurbishes these power boards.. I'd check him out.
I have a hunch that its probably hard ware related in your case... but like any problem I damn well make sure its not software related before I get into fiddeling around with hardware... its easy to re do all the files on the receiver..
do factory reset, install system clean file twice, hard reboot, load factory file twice, hard reboot, load latest bin file, load current sat, TP file, hard reboot, re do all your sat settings re scan.... if receiver is still rebooting on it own I'd start doing some trial and error with the hard ware.. my instinct with these receiver tell me the issue you are having is the 8psk and or the power board..

Recently,this issue occurs very often,it's kind of pain of ass,I dunno how to start to figure out where is problem,it has best PVR function which I'm using a lot to record live soccer and other programs,now I cannot use it anymore.I heard a little bit noise from the box after I turned it on for 5-10 mins,any suggestion is welcome.
thanks.

Mine is V1 and I put a cooling fan inside,the 8PSK card is green two pieces version and I'm using 1.5TB external hard drive with power adapter,everything is perfect until a month ago.I did not watch a lot of TV during the week days but during the weekend I use it to record soccer games.

rockisdead
06-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Likely it's 8PSK issue.SD ones working fine,no rebooting issue,the problem only with HD ones,noise came out right away after I switched to HD and disappeared when went back to SD.I will order one from eBay.

coolone
07-01-2013, 06:03 PM
try new 8PSK first if it is not fixed then refurbish your power supply like the others said, but testing the software is free so start with that

marinerito
07-04-2013, 05:08 AM
Is strange but too many have same issue at the relative same time?
I have the same problem after factorybetc etc.. Everything works nice but at the next day same problem

rockisdead
07-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Still waiting for the new 8PSK card which I bought from ebay.

Terryl
07-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Sounds to me that you all have the same problems, it could be the power supply can not run the receiver, add on 8PSK board and more then one LNB and switch at the same time.

These units were originally designed to only run one LNB and that's it. (true FTA)

Adding an internal 8PSK board and more then one LNB with a switch will cause the DC current draw at the LNB input to max out, this causes an excessive AC ripple on the DC power buses.

This can cause the receiver to re-boot, the only way to check this is with a special test circuit to look at the DC current and voltages at the LNB input on the receiver, as you can't measure this when the receiver is actively looking at a satellite.

You can measure the AC ripple on the internal DC buses with a good DVM set to measure AC, but we need to know the AC ripple spec on the DC buses for the receiver, I would guess at around 20 to 100 mV at maximum load.( the less the best)

rockisdead
07-10-2013, 01:51 AM
Got mine today and it's not working for me.Detail below

Dear seller,
I just received this adpater this afternoon,after installation and switch on button on the back of receiver,there is nothing on the front LCD and no signal on TV,but when I switch back to old two pieces green card,it's fine,I could see booting and loading on front LCD,so please advice,thanks.
Hope I did not receive the defective one.
Response from seller
All looks like you did fine. Sorry to say. Your power supply is defective.
I know what you are saying. You are not the first to experience this problem.
The old 2 piece uses mostly 12 volts. The new one does not need the 12 volts it draws the current from the 5 volt line.
You have 2 choices. Return the module for a refund or get your power supply repaired and up-graded.
Sorry for the bad news.
I will do more test during the weekend and report back.