PDA

View Full Version : Leafs do a deal or 2

andyb2
01-31-2010, 05:21 PM
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Calgary Flames have completed a major seven-player trade. Toronto has sent forwards Niklas Hagman, Matt Stajan, and Jamal Mayers and defenceman Ian White to Calgary for defencemen Dion Phaneuf and Keith Aulie and forward Fredrik Sjostrom

Another announcement coming up soon.Its expected to be Toskala to the ducks for J.S. Giguere and a 1st round pick

andyb2
01-31-2010, 06:04 PM
TSN is reporting

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired veteran goaltender Jean-Sebastien from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for goaltender Vesa Toskala and veteran forward Jason Blake.

The most valuable player of the 2003 Stanley Cup playoffs, Giguere needed to waive his no-trade clause in order for the deal to go through.

Giguere recently lost his starting job to netminder Jonas Hiller, who inked a four-year, $18-million extension on Saturday, which cleared the way for the trade.

Giguere has a one year, $7 million contract remaining while Toskala is making $4 million this season but is set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Blake, 36, has struggled playing for the blue and white this season, posting just 10 goals and 26 points in 55 games. The Moorhead, MN native signed with the Maple Leafs as an unrestricted free agent in 2007 and has 50 goals and 141 points in that span.

Newf
01-31-2010, 07:24 PM
WOW, did not see this coming. We always hear there is gonna be change but not often do we see anything major happen. I read the story saying change was coming and there may be change today around 11:30 am, and at 2:30 pm when I arrived at my parents house these deals were done. My jaw dropped!!! I like it, hopefully more change coming before the season is over. Go Leafs Go!!