PDA

View Full Version : Best hardware and server for OEM IRDs?

TO81
06-30-2013, 01:17 AM
I'm using a modded 722 and noticing some heavy duty freezing on some select popular servers. Specifically, there is commonly a long enough server time-out delay between CW requests and retrievals, that I get fail-overs registering too commonly.

I'm hoping to hear from fellow ViP testers who can attest to what server, software (jlrsq vs. fsec), and hardware (modded router vs. stand-alone pc) that they are using with success (i.e. no freezing).

Feel free to PM if you'd rather keep it private. Thanks!

dishuser
06-30-2013, 01:48 AM
try setting the timeout to a different number for retrieving control words

burnsy
06-30-2013, 02:19 AM
I know this is not breaking any rules but do you think it is wise to tell them you are hacking their equipment in days of old this thread would have been deleted no sense poking the bear

dishuser
06-30-2013, 02:23 AM
I know this is not breaking any rules but do you think it is wise to tell them you are hacking their equipment in days of old this thread would have been deleted no sense poking the bear

in the old days it wouldn't have been deleted since there was dedicated section for this
and it'ds not there their equipment once you buy it

burnsy
06-30-2013, 02:28 AM
I stand corrected

TO81
06-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Just found out that it was most likely indeed the server(s). Just tried a couple of others with very minimal freezing (once every 20 minutes or so).

On a another topic, I'm just wondering if everyone's HD remaps are working correctly? Only about 16 HD remaps are affected (e.g. 111, 140, 144, 162, 186, 209 and others). When I choose those HD channels at their remapped locations, they won't come in. But if I choose them in their original locations (e.g. 9424 instead of 140), then it works just fine. Is this a common issue with other's vip units? Or is it server specific (i.e. the server has not opened up the correct original channel for the affected remap)?

Thanks again for any input.

TO81
07-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Just found out that it was most likely indeed the server(s). Just tried a couple of others with very minimal freezing (once every 20 minutes or so).

On a another topic, I'm just wondering if everyone's HD remaps are working correctly? Only about 16 HD remaps are affected (e.g. 111, 140, 144, 162, 186, 209 and others). When I choose those HD channels at their remapped locations, they won't come in. But if I choose them in their original locations (e.g. 9424 instead of 140), then it works just fine. Is this a common issue with other's vip units? Or is it server specific (i.e. the server has not opened up the correct original channel for the affected remap)?

Thanks again for any input.
Bummppp! Nobody else is experiencing these remap issues?

genmax
07-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Your provider will give you tiers for the OEM device and the remaps should work as long as your getting signal for the corresponding TP on the HD end. For example if 200 does not remap to 9436 then you probably dont have signal on 9436 so check that first.
If you have a signal then you need to get updated tiers from your server provider. If you do not have a server provider PM me.

TO81
07-09-2013, 05:38 AM
This issue has been successfully resolved now. I wiped all of the old tiers and created my own tiers from scratch (no tier-gen software this time) and was able to remap the previously affected channels to their appropriate locations.

Thank-you to all who have contributed to this thread. Mods, feel free to close it.