PDA

View Full Version : Ten Commandments of IKS/ FTA... a good read

hutch
07-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Ten Commandments of IKS/FTA...I modified it some.

C/P from another site

A friend emailed me this info and I thought it was worth posting here. I think the info will be very helpful to our new members and those members that have recently started in the fta hobby.

Ten Commandments of IKS/FTA

1. The keys/donation codes are the same no matter what receiver you have.

2. If your system quits check/reboot your router/modem, receiver & wireless if applicable before you assume the server is down

3. If you only receive the free/preview channels, then most likely the keys/codes are wrong.

4. If epg guide does not work, check your time, date and time zone.

5. When loading bins, make sure you have unzipped the bin, are using the correct loader and are loading the correct bin for the receiver

6. High signal strength (>60) is most important when you are aligning the dish. Quality strength is what is most important to see a picture. If quality is low then you need to re-align (or tweak) the dish.

7. When setting up a dish 500, adjust elevation and azimuth for one sat. To receive the second sat should only require a skew adjustment.

8. Fta receivers cannot be damaged from the satellite signal. The receiver only RECEIVES, and DECODES (or descrambles) the signal. The service providers cannot 'ZAP' or damage your fta receiver in any way.

9. The wrong bin CAN damage your receiver....hence BE CAREFUL to use the right bin, and DO NOT experiment with other bins out of frustration, or you may end up with a great looking doorstop.

10. There is no best receiver or best company for fta receivers. They all do what they were intended to do....pick up fta signals.A modified receiver is only as good as its support group.